|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saskia think by the end of Chapter 16?
2. What does the tailor ask Saskia for in Chapter 20?
3. How long into her marriage does it take Saskia to become pregnant?
4. What does Saskia do when the tailor arrives in Chapter 33?
5. What does Saskia refuse to do in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tailor do in anticipation of the arrival of his grandchild in Chapter 26?
2. What does the miller tell the King that his wife once told him in Chapter 15?
3. What happens on the second night in Chapter 31?
4. What does the tailor ask Saskia for in Chapter 20?
5. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
6. Why does Saskia run away from home in Chapter 22?
7. Why does the king ask Saskia to marry him in Chapter 21? How does she reply to his proposal?
8. What does the tailor do in anticipation of his grandchild in Chapter 32?
9. What does Elke tell Saskia about the tailor in Chapter 31?
10. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism in the novel "Spinners". What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What does the spinning wheel symbolize? What does the tailor's deformed leg symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Spinners". Describe Saskia's family. Is family important to her? In what way is her family life complicated?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "Spinners". Who is in conflict with whom and why? How do these conflicts alter or influence the plot and the characters?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)