|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 18?
(a) If she finds him attractive.
(b) If she is a magician.
(c) If she is already engaged.
(d) If her family comes from money.
2. What does Saskia not realize about the item she gives the tailor in Chapter 17?
(a) The tailor gave it to her mother years ago.
(b) The tailor cannot read it.
(c) It is worthless to the tailor.
(d) The tailor hates anything symbolizing love, such as a ring.
3. What is the tailor focused on in Chapter 24?
(a) Avoiding Saskia.
(b) Finding a new house.
(c) The grandchild he will soon have.
(d) His impending wedding.
4. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 21?
(a) To make him a robe.
(b) To be his official seamstress.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To babysit his chilldren.
5. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
(a) Dagmar's illness.
(b) Dagmar's pregnancy.
(c) Saskia's accident.
(d) Saskia's business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saskia discuss certain things with the miller in Chapter 31?
2. Why does the tailor react to Saskia in such a manner in Chapter 30?
3. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
4. What does the tailor do to his body as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
5. What does Saskia give to the tailor in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tailor anticipate in Chapter 32?
2. What does the tailor do when Elke tells him about Saskia's situation in Chapter 17?
3. How does the tailor react when Saskia guesses his name correctly in Chapter 33?
4. What offends the tailor in Chapter 20?
5. What does the miller tell the King that his wife once told him in Chapter 15?
6. How does the novel "Spinners" end?
7. What does the tailor do in anticipation of his grandchild in Chapter 32?
8. How does Saskia try to convince the tailor to let her keep her child in Chapter 29?
9. What happens on the first night in Chapter 30?
10. Why does Saskia use vinegar to wash herself in Chapter 23?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)