|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tailor focused on in Chapter 24?
(a) The grandchild he will soon have.
(b) Avoiding Saskia.
(c) His impending wedding.
(d) Finding a new house.
2. What does the king threaten to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Keep Saskia prisoner for the rest of her life.
(b) Kill Saskia if she fails him.
(c) Kill the miller.
(d) Take Saskia's firstborn baby.
3. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
(a) Saskia's accident.
(b) Saskia's business.
(c) Dagmar's illness.
(d) Dagmar's pregnancy.
4. What happens that Saskia hoped would not in Chapter 29?
(a) The tailor shows up for her firstborn.
(b) Dagmar resigns.
(c) She becomes pregnant again.
(d) The miller dies.
5. What does Saskia do on the second night in Chapter 31?
(a) She hides in the forest.
(b) Goes through every foreign name she can think of.
(c) She visits Dagmar.
(d) She has a feast with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king do after seeing Saskia's work in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Saskia ask the guard and head servant to keep an eye out for in Chapter 25?
3. What does the tailor do when he becomes enraged in Chapter 33?
4. What does Saskia try to convince herself of in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Saskia discuss certain things with the miller in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elke confess to the tailor in Chapter 24?
2. What does the tailor do when Elke tells him about Saskia's situation in Chapter 17?
3. What makes Saskia frightened in Chapter 24?
4. What does the tailor anticipate in Chapter 32?
5. What does the miller tell the King that his wife once told him in Chapter 15?
6. What happens when Saskia needs the tailors help in Chapter 19?
7. What does the king do to Saskia when her father tells him about the gold straw in Chapter 16?
8. What does the tailor do to Saskia in Chapter 33?
9. How does the novel "Spinners" end?
10. What happens on the first night in Chapter 30?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)