|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor do to his home as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
(a) He buys some livestock.
(b) He fixes it up.
(c) He gets rid of all his alcohol.
(d) He adds an extension.
2. Who does Saskia ask the guard and head servant to keep an eye out for in Chapter 25?
(b) The tailor.
(d) The king.
3. What is the tailor doing when Elke tells him that Saskia is pregnant?
(a) He is hanging shutters.
(b) He is hanging a picture.
(c) He is making his bed.
(d) He is doing dishes.
4. What does Saskia decide after meeting with some trouble in Chapter 22?
(a) She must pretend to be mute.
(b) She should tell the village the truth about how she spun gold.
(c) She should marry the king.
(d) She must run away to where no one knows about her.
5. When Saskia returns home in Chapter 22, what does her father want her to do?
(a) Spin straw into gold for him.
(b) Meet with the tailor.
(c) Marry the neighbor's son.
(d) Clean the house from top to bottom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor do with the straw in Chapter 17?
2. What is so unique about Saskia's yarn?
3. What does Saskia try to do to the tailor in Chapter 29?
4. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 18?
5. What does Saskia not realize about the item she gives the tailor in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saskia try to make the king love her in Chapter 23?
2. Why does Saskia run away from home in Chapter 22?
3. What does the miller tell the King that his wife once told him in Chapter 15?
4. What does Elke tell Saskia about the tailor in Chapter 31?
5. Why does the miller lie about what Saskia can do with the yarn in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Saskia run away from Dagmar's home in Chapter 22?
7. What does the tailor ask Saskia for in Chapter 20?
8. What does Elke confess to the tailor in Chapter 24?
9. How does Saskia try to convince the tailor to let her keep her child in Chapter 29?
10. What happens on the second night in Chapter 31?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)