|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not impressed when he inspects Saskia's yarns in Chapter 15?
(a) Dagmar's brother.
(b) The miller.
(c) The king.
(d) The tailor.
2. What does the tailor do while spinning in Chapter 17?
(a) He cries.
(b) He sings.
(c) He coughs.
(d) He watches Saskia.
3. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) Saskia thinks Dagmar will help protect her.
(c) Dagmar wants to live at court.
(d) Dagmar has nowhere else to go.
4. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 21?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To babysit his chilldren.
(c) To be his official seamstress.
(d) To make him a robe.
5. What does the tailor do to his home as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
(a) He adds an extension.
(b) He gets rid of all his alcohol.
(c) He fixes it up.
(d) He buys some livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saskia discuss certain things with the miller in Chapter 31?
2. What is the tailor doing when Elke tells him that Saskia is pregnant?
3. What does Saskia refuse to do in Chapter 21?
4. How does the king prove that he will never ask Saskia to spin straw into gold again?
5. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elke confess to the tailor in Chapter 24?
2. How does the tailor react when Saskia guesses his name correctly in Chapter 33?
3. What happens on the first night in Chapter 30?
4. Why does Saskia use vinegar to wash herself in Chapter 23?
5. Why does Saskia run away from Dagmar's home in Chapter 22?
6. What happens on the second night in Chapter 31?
7. What does Saskia do to make herself less lonely in Chapter 23?
8. What does the tailor do in anticipation of the arrival of his grandchild in Chapter 26?
9. What makes Saskia frightened in Chapter 24?
10. What does the tailor anticipate in Chapter 32?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)