|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tailor hope to find refuge in Chapter 8?
(a) His brother's home.
(b) A cave.
(c) A church.
(d) On a fishing ship.
2. What does Saskia's father take away from her in Chapter 12?
(a) Her favorite necklace.
(b) Her mother's wheel.
(c) A book.
3. Where does the tailor go at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) To a big city.
(b) His home village.
(c) To a secluded seaside village.
(d) To the forest.
4. Who is Elke?
(a) The tailor's neighbor who supports him.
(b) A member of the aristocracy who pities the tailor.
(c) A woman who insists on seeing the tailor create some of his fine yarns.
(d) A fellow tailor who is close to the tailor.
5. Who does the object that Elke brings to the tailor belong to?
(b) The king.
(d) The miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
2. What does the tailor set out to prove to the young maiden's father in Chapter 1?
3. Where are the young maiden and the tailor at the beginning of the story?
4. Where is the tailor told he can find the young maiden on the day she is to give birth?
5. What does Elke give to Saskia's father in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the young maiden do when the tailor's leg becomes cramped in Chapter 3?
2. What does Saskia's father do while she is spinning threads in Chapter 12?
3. What is the tailor's actual motives for asking many questions about Saskia in Chapter 13?
4. What does the tailor spend a week looking for in Chapter 2 and why?
5. What does Saskia learn in Chapter 9?
6. What does Saskia promise herself at the end of Chapter 12?
7. Why doesn't the young maiden's father want the tailor to marry his daughter?
8. Who does the maiden marry instead of the tailor in Chapter 4?
9. What happens when the miller becomes depressed in Chapter 6?
10. What happens when the tailor tries spinning with straw in Chapter 2?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)