|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom does the tailor ask questions about in Chapter 13?
(b) The king.
(d) The miller.
2. What does the tailor want Elke to trade his spinning wheel for in Chapter 11?
(b) A new bed.
(c) A brace for his leg.
(d) Saskia's spinning wheel.
3. Who does the object that Elke brings to the tailor belong to?
(a) The miller.
(b) The king.
4. What does the tailor try to do with yarn in Chapter 2?
(a) Make a nice new suit for himself.
(b) Make the maiden a temporary ring.
(c) Spin it to look like gold.
(d) Make a baby's dress.
5. How does Saskia accidentally cut her father's cheek?
(a) By shoving the cat in his face.
(b) By shaving his beard.
(c) By handing him scissors absentmindedly.
(d) By trying to make his haircut even.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saskia unable to resist doing in Chapter 12?
2. Where does the young maiden live in Chapter 4?
3. What does Saskia's father think of Elke's request in Chapter 12?
4. What is the title of Part 2?
5. What is the title of Part 3 of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elke bring the tailor in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Saskia cut her father's hair in Chapter 5?
3. Who does the maiden marry instead of the tailor in Chapter 4?
4. What does the tailor realize while talking to Elke in Chapter 11?
5. What does the tailor insist upon in Chapter 11?
6. What does Saskia learn in Chapter 9?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter 4?
8. What does Elke assume when the tailor keeps asking her questions about Saskia in Chapter 13?
9. What does the tailor discover when he returns home in Chapter 8?
10. Who does the tailor meet along the side of the road in Chapter 7 and what does he ask them for?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)