|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tailor feel about the people he has met after a few weeks in Chapter 7?
(a) He thinks they are the lowest form of human.
(b) He thinks they are kind folk who are just down on their luck.
(c) He feels as though he has become a part of the family.
(d) He resents them.
2. What does Saskia's father help do at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Take yarn to the market.
(b) Tend the garden.
(c) Find Saskia's lucky scarf.
(d) Make supper.
3. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
(a) Never visit him again.
(b) Contact Saskia.
(c) Find him a new place to live.
(d) Introduce him to the king.
4. Why does the tailor leave his new home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He learns that the father and son plan to take a trip without him.
(b) He realizes that he does not believe in God.
(c) He finds that the pub life is not for him.
(d) He finds that the vagrants have stolen from him.
5. What does the tailor try to sell in Chapter 8?
(a) His spinning wheel.
(b) His yarns.
(c) His watch.
(d) His Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saskia have to sell these things in Chapter 6?
2. When does Saskia plan on fulfilling her promise to herself at the end of Chapter 12?
3. Who reports to the tailor about the young maiden in Chapter 4?
4. How is Elke described?
5. What job does Elke give the tailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saskia cut her father's cheek in Chapter 5?
2. What happens when the miller becomes depressed in Chapter 6?
3. Why does the tailor approach the local spinner in Chapter 2?
4. What classic story does "Spinners" borrow elements from?
5. Who does the maiden marry instead of the tailor in Chapter 4?
6. What is the tailor's actual motives for asking many questions about Saskia in Chapter 13?
7. What does Saskia learn in Chapter 9?
8. What does the tailor discover when he returns home in Chapter 8?
9. What is the young maiden concerned about in Chapter 1?
10. Why doesn't Saskia want to trade wheels with Elke in Chapter 12?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)