|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tailor hope to find refuge in Chapter 8?
(a) A church.
(b) His brother's home.
(c) A cave.
(d) On a fishing ship.
2. What does she plan to do to fulfill her promise to herself in Chapter 12?
(a) Buy the wheel back.
(b) Seek revenge on her father.
(c) Apologize to her father.
(d) Visit the tailor.
3. Why does Saskia not want to do what her father wants her to in Chapter 12?
(a) She does not want to give up the wheel that her mother has touched.
(b) She finds the tailor to be a little strange.
(c) She dislikes school.
(d) She has nowhere to go.
4. What does the tailor take from a local spinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Her ring.
(b) Her book of secrets.
(c) Her low wheel.
(d) Her yarn.
5. Where does the tailor go at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) To a secluded seaside village.
(b) To the forest.
(c) His home village.
(d) To a big city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
2. Why do the tailor and Elke meet where they do in Chapter 11?
3. What does Saskia's father discover that shocks him in Chapter 10?
4. What happens as the young maiden tries to help the tailor's leg in Chapter 3?
5. Where does the young maiden live in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tailor discover when he returns home in Chapter 8?
2. Who does the tailor meet along the side of the road in Chapter 7 and what does he ask them for?
3. What does the tailor spend a week looking for in Chapter 2 and why?
4. Why does the tailor leave the family in Chapter 7?
5. What is the tailor's actual motives for asking many questions about Saskia in Chapter 13?
6. What does Saskia learn in Chapter 9?
7. How does Saskia cut her father's cheek in Chapter 5?
8. Why doesn't the tailor invite Elke inside his house in Chapter 11?
9. What classic story does "Spinners" borrow elements from?
10. What does Elke bring the tailor in Chapter 11?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)