|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor take from a local spinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Her low wheel.
(b) Her yarn.
(c) Her ring.
(d) Her book of secrets.
2. Where does the tailor go at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) To the forest.
(b) His home village.
(c) To a secluded seaside village.
(d) To a big city.
3. What does Saskia have to sell in Chapter 6?
(a) Poultry and eggs.
(b) Candles and wax.
(c) Herbs and vegetables.
4. What does Saskia's father think of Elke's request in Chapter 12?
(a) He thinks it would work financially.
(b) He thinks it is a foolish plan.
(c) He thinks Elke is crazy.
(d) He thinks it is a good trade.
5. What happens as the young maiden tries to help the tailor's leg in Chapter 3?
(a) The tattoo becomes infected.
(b) The cut becomes infected.
(c) The cramp gets worse.
(d) The broken bone shifts and causes more pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elke visit the tailor in Chapter 11?
2. Who does the young maiden's father want her to marry?
3. What does the tailor want Elke to trade his spinning wheel for in Chapter 11?
4. When does the tailor promise to return the item to the local spinner?
5. Where does Elke have the tailor live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the tailor try to convince the father of the young maiden that he is worthy of his daughter in Chapter 1?
2. Who does the tailor meet along the side of the road in Chapter 7 and what does he ask them for?
3. How does Saskia cut her father's cheek in Chapter 5?
4. What classic story does "Spinners" borrow elements from?
5. What does Saskia promise herself at the end of Chapter 12?
6. What does the young maiden do when the tailor's leg becomes cramped in Chapter 3?
7. What does Saskia's father do while she is spinning threads in Chapter 12?
8. What does Saskia have to do when her father becomes depressed?
9. What happens when the tailor tries spinning with straw in Chapter 2?
10. What does Elke bring the tailor in Chapter 11?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)