|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saskia feel about her pregnancy?
(a) She is cautiously optimistic.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is indifferent.
2. Where does Saskia run away to in Chapter 22?
(a) Dagmar's family.
(b) Her grandmother's house.
(c) The tailor's home.
(d) Elke's family cottage.
3. What does Saskia try to do to the tailor in Chapter 29?
(a) Trick him.
(b) Bribe him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Have him arrested.
4. Why is Saskia angry with the king in Chapter 21?
(a) Because he put down Dagmar and her family.
(b) Because he has exiled her father.
(c) Because he laughed at her in public.
(d) Because he threatened to kill her.
5. What does the tailor do to his body as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
(a) He bites his nails.
(b) He gets a haircut.
(c) He massages his leg.
(d) He gets it into top shape.
6. What will the tailor do if Saskia gives him what he wants in Chapter 20?
(a) He will make Saskia immortal.
(b) He will leave the village forever.
(c) He will spin the last room of straw into gold.
(d) He will kill the king.
7. Why does Saskia ask the miller to be watched in Chapter 25?
(a) So that she can be informed if he tries to leave.
(b) So that she can be kept up to date on his health.
(c) So that she can make sure he is working when he should be.
(d) So that she can make sure he isn't spending his money unwisely.
8. Why does the miller claim that Saskia can spin straw into gold in Chapter 15?
(a) He believes his daughter can do anything.
(b) He is desperate for Saskia to be declared the king's spinner.
(c) He decides to get back at Saskia for cutting his hair while he was asleep.
(d) He is drunk and confused.
9. What does the tailor plan to do after completing his preparations in Chapter 32?
(a) Marry Elke.
(b) Kidnap Saskia.
(c) Take the child.
(d) Leave the village.
10. How does the tailor react to Saskia during the first night in Chapter 30?
(a) He applauds her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is disappointed by her.
(d) He is shamed by her.
11. What does the tailor do while spinning in Chapter 17?
(a) He watches Saskia.
(b) He cries.
(c) He coughs.
(d) He sings.
12. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 21?
(a) To be his official seamstress.
(b) To babysit his chilldren.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To make him a robe.
13. What does Saskia have to offer the tailor in Chapter 19?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A sketch of her mother.
14. What does the tailor do to his home as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
(a) He fixes it up.
(b) He gets rid of all his alcohol.
(c) He buys some livestock.
(d) He adds an extension.
15. Where does the king take Saskia when they meet on the road in Chapter 22?
(a) To the tailor's cottage.
(b) Back to his castle.
(c) To her father's house.
(d) To Dagmar's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elke finally tell the tailor in Chapter 24?
2. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
3. What happens that Saskia hoped would not in Chapter 29?
4. What does the tailor call Saskia that confuses her in Chapter 31?
5. What does the person who overhears Saskia's conversation in Chapter 31 tell Saskia?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)