|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Saskia returns home in Chapter 22, what does her father want her to do?
(a) Spin straw into gold for him.
(b) Meet with the tailor.
(c) Marry the neighbor's son.
(d) Clean the house from top to bottom.
2. What does Saskia do on the second night in Chapter 31?
(a) She hides in the forest.
(b) Goes through every foreign name she can think of.
(c) She visits Dagmar.
(d) She has a feast with her husband.
3. What will the tailor do if Saskia gives him what he wants in Chapter 20?
(a) He will make Saskia immortal.
(b) He will kill the king.
(c) He will spin the last room of straw into gold.
(d) He will leave the village forever.
4. How does the tailor say his name aloud in Chapter 32?
(a) While introducing himself to a new neighbor.
(b) While cursing.
(c) While singing.
(d) While reading aloud.
5. What does Saskia mistakenly believe the tailor wants from her in Chapter 20?
(a) Her child.
(c) The gold straw.
(d) Her necklace.
6. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
(a) Saskia thinks Dagmar will help protect her.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) Dagmar has nowhere else to go.
(d) Dagmar wants to live at court.
7. What is the title of Part 4 of the novel?
(c) "Saskia's Dilemma".
(d) "The King".
8. How does the tailor react to Saskia during the first night in Chapter 30?
(a) He is shamed by her.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He applauds her.
(d) He is disappointed by her.
9. What does the tailor leave behind at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Some clothes he made for the firstborn.
(b) His hammer.
(c) His bad leg.
(d) A letter from the young maiden.
10. What has brought Saskia and Dagmar closer together in Chapter 14?
(a) Dagmar's illness.
(b) Saskia's accident.
(c) Saskia's business.
(d) Dagmar's pregnancy.
11. What does Saskia have to offer the tailor in Chapter 19?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A sketch of her mother.
12. What does the tailor give Saskia multiple chances to accomplish in Chapter 29?
(a) Figure out his daughter's name.
(b) Figure out his name.
(c) Change his mind.
(d) Avoid him.
13. What does the tailor comment on in Chapter 20 that leads to a misunderstanding?
(a) Saskia's mother.
(b) Saskia's drunk father.
(c) Saskia's healthy body.
(d) The king.
14. What does Saskia tell the miller about in Chapter 31?
(a) Everything that has happened with the tailor.
(b) Her life at court.
(c) Her dreams about her mother.
(d) The king's bad points.
15. Who does Saskia give birth to?
(a) Twin boys.
(b) A son.
(c) A daughter.
(d) Twin girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elke tell the tailor about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Where does the king take Saskia when they meet on the road in Chapter 22?
3. What does Elke finally tell the tailor in Chapter 24?
4. What does Saskia try to do to the tailor in Chapter 29?
5. What does the tailor ask Saskia for in Chapter 20?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)