|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Part 5 of the novel?
(a) "Lost and Found".
(b) "A Death in the Family".
(c) "A Wedding".
2. What does the tailor comment on in Chapter 20 that leads to a misunderstanding?
(a) Saskia's healthy body.
(b) Saskia's mother.
(c) Saskia's drunk father.
(d) The king.
3. How does the king react to Saskia's work in Chapter 19?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is scared.
4. Who does Saskia fear for in Chapter 27?
(a) Her unborn child.
(d) The miller.
5. What does the king threaten to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Keep Saskia prisoner for the rest of her life.
(b) Take Saskia's firstborn baby.
(c) Kill the miller.
(d) Kill Saskia if she fails him.
6. Why does the tailor plan to leave the village for a year in Chapter 28?
(a) So that Elke will not guess his plans.
(b) To meet with an old friend in another country.
(c) To avoid Saskia.
(d) To explore the world before having to raise a child.
7. Why does the tailor react to Saskia in such a manner in Chapter 30?
(a) He did not think that Saskia would involve the king.
(b) He is happy that his daughter shares his wit.
(c) He is surprised that she is so organized.
(d) He is convinced that she will never figure out his name.
8. What does Saskia think by the end of Chapter 16?
(a) That she will miss her father.
(b) That she will be able to trick the king.
(c) That she will die.
(d) That she will be dishonored.
9. Who does Saskia ask the guard and head servant to keep an eye out for in Chapter 25?
(c) The king.
(d) The tailor.
10. Why does the tailor taunt Saskia in Chapter 33?
(a) The king refuses to help her.
(b) He is convinced she will not be able to guess his name.
(c) She falls over a bump on the floor.
(d) She is looking unwell.
11. What does Saskia mistakenly believe the tailor wants from her in Chapter 20?
(b) Her child.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) The gold straw.
12. How many chances does the tailor give Saskia in Chapter 29?
13. What does Saskia decide after meeting with some trouble in Chapter 22?
(a) She should tell the village the truth about how she spun gold.
(b) She must run away to where no one knows about her.
(c) She must pretend to be mute.
(d) She should marry the king.
14. What is the tailor focused on in Chapter 24?
(a) The grandchild he will soon have.
(b) Finding a new house.
(c) His impending wedding.
(d) Avoiding Saskia.
15. What does the king threaten he will do to Saskia in Chapter 16?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Cut her finger off.
(d) Embarass her in front of the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saskia give to the tailor in Chapter 18?
2. What does Saskia try to do to the tailor in Chapter 29?
3. Why does Saskia wash herself with vinegar every morning in Chapter 23?
4. What does the king do to Saskia in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)