|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saskia react when her father takes something away from her in Chapter 12?
(a) She cries violently.
(b) She does not seem to care.
(c) She runs away momentarily.
(d) She is angry.
2. What does Elke tell the tailor about the person who made the object in Chapter 11?
(a) He is the tailor's enemy.
(b) He is the ruler of the land.
(c) He is a prize-winning poet.
(d) She is the miller's daughter.
3. What does she plan to do to fulfill her promise to herself in Chapter 12?
(a) Visit the tailor.
(b) Seek revenge on her father.
(c) Apologize to her father.
(d) Buy the wheel back.
4. When Saskia's father awakens in Chapter 6, what does he believe has happened to him?
(a) He has had an epiphany.
(b) He has been the victim of a bad joke.
(c) He has been drugged.
(d) He has been robbed.
5. Who catches the tailor in Chapter 1?
(a) The baker.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The maiden's brother.
(d) The tailor's father.
6. What will the tailor do to satisfy the young maiden's father's doubts?
(a) Present him with a large sum of money.
(b) Become a man of God.
(c) Create a wedding dress made of gold.
(d) Work for the young maiden's father.
7. What does Saskia's father discover that shocks him in Chapter 10?
(a) He finds a gray hair on his head.
(b) A stash of gold coins in his attic.
(c) His daughter becomes interested in boys.
(d) His cellar is nearly empty of gin.
8. What does the tailor give to the young maiden in Chapter 4?
(a) A flower.
(b) A poem.
(c) A ring.
(d) A dress.
9. What does the tailor tell the young maiden and her father about his leg in Chapter 3?
(a) The tattoo is a symbol of his love.
(b) The cramp will go away.
(c) The cut will never heal.
(d) The broken bone will not heal properly.
10. Who is Elke?
(a) The tailor's neighbor who supports him.
(b) A member of the aristocracy who pities the tailor.
(c) A woman who insists on seeing the tailor create some of his fine yarns.
(d) A fellow tailor who is close to the tailor.
11. What does Saskia's father take away from her in Chapter 12?
(b) Her favorite necklace.
(c) A book.
(d) Her mother's wheel.
12. How does the young maiden die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) She bumps her head on a table.
(c) She falls into a frozen lake.
(d) She is attacked by a bear.
13. Where does Elke have the tailor live?
(a) At her house.
(b) At her uncle's home.
(c) In an isolated home in the woods.
(d) In a small cottage on the edge of the village.
14. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
(a) Contact Saskia.
(b) Introduce him to the king.
(c) Find him a new place to live.
(d) Never visit him again.
15. What is the title of Part 1 of the novel?
(a) Young Love.
(b) Love Gone Wrong.
(c) First Love.
(d) Sisterly Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saskia's father think of Elke's request in Chapter 12?
2. What does the tailor feel for Saskia's mother in Chapter 13?
3. How do the people who the tailor has recently met feel about the tailor?
4. What does the tailor request of the passersby?
5. What does Elke give to Saskia's father in Chapter 12?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)