|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Names: Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
(a) Find him a new place to live.
(b) Introduce him to the king.
(c) Never visit him again.
(d) Contact Saskia.
2. What does the young maiden try to do to the tailor's leg at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Massage it.
(b) Cut it off.
(c) Stitch it up.
(d) Hide it.
3. What does Saskia's father take away from her in Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother's wheel.
(b) Her favorite necklace.
(d) A book.
4. Why does the young tailor leave the gold dress with the old woman in chapter 3?
(a) He needs somewhere to store the dress.
(b) To show he is honest.
(c) To thank her.
(d) To comfort her.
5. What story does the miller tell that he heard from Saskia's mother in Chapter 15?
(a) She knew a man who used straw to make a gold wedding dress.
(b) Saskia's mother is supposedly a nobleman's daughter.
(c) Saskia's mother once knew someone who made straw appear to be gold.
(d) A young maiden like Saskia once seduced a king simply by showing him a strand of gold thread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king threaten he will do to Saskia in Chapter 16?
2. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
3. Why does the tailor plan to leave the village for a year in Chapter 28?
4. What does Saskia have to sell in Chapter 6?
5. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)