|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor take from a local spinner in Chapter 2?
(a) Her yarn.
(b) Her ring.
(c) Her book of secrets.
(d) Her low wheel.
2. Where does the king take Saskia when they meet on the road in Chapter 22?
(a) Back to his castle.
(b) To her father's house.
(c) To the tailor's cottage.
(d) To Dagmar's house.
3. How does the king prove that he will never ask Saskia to spin straw into gold again?
(a) He cuts off his tongue.
(b) He gives the wheel away.
(c) He burns her wheel.
(d) He locks the wheel away.
4. How long does the tailor have to prove himself to the young maiden's father?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) By the end of the month.
(d) Three months.
5. What does the king do after seeing Saskia's work in Chapter 18?
(a) He moves her to a bigger room with more straw.
(b) He has Saskia walk alongside him in a parade.
(c) He has a feast.
(d) He calls her a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
2. What does Dagmar's mother want Saskia to do in Chapter 22?
3. Who does the young maiden's father want her to marry?
4. What does the tailor vow to the young woman in Chapter 4?
5. What does the tailor do to his home as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)