|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saskia give to the tailor in Chapter 18?
(a) Elke's scarf.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) Her mother's ring.
(d) A lock of her hair.
2. How is Elke described?
(a) As deformed and wretched.
(b) As plain and middle-aged.
(c) As beautiful and graceful.
(d) As kind and generous.
3. What does the tailor feel for Saskia's mother in Chapter 13?
(a) He has grown to hate her.
(b) He loves her the same as he did so many years before.
(c) He still thinks of her once in a while with fondness.
(d) He barely remember her.
4. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
(a) That she might be pregnant.
(b) That they will be late for church.
(c) That she is not feeling well.
(d) That her father wants her to marry someone else.
5. What does the entire village want Saskia to do for them in Chapter 22?
(a) Spin straw into gold.
(b) Introduce them to the king.
(c) Tell them about the king.
(d) Sing in the semi-annual play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the tailor and Elke meet where they do in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Elke?
3. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 18?
4. Who is Saskia?
5. What does the tailor come to believe about Elke in Chapter 11?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)