|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the tailor do to satisfy the young maiden's father's doubts?
(a) Present him with a large sum of money.
(b) Create a wedding dress made of gold.
(c) Become a man of God.
(d) Work for the young maiden's father.
2. What does the tailor want Elke to trade his spinning wheel for in Chapter 11?
(a) Saskia's spinning wheel.
(b) A brace for his leg.
(d) A new bed.
3. What does Saskia decide after meeting with some trouble in Chapter 22?
(a) She should marry the king.
(b) She must pretend to be mute.
(c) She should tell the village the truth about how she spun gold.
(d) She must run away to where no one knows about her.
4. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
(a) Find him a new place to live.
(b) Introduce him to the king.
(c) Contact Saskia.
(d) Never visit him again.
5. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 18?
(a) If she finds him attractive.
(b) If she is a magician.
(c) If her family comes from money.
(d) If she is already engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saskia doing when she learns some news from her father in Chapter 14?
2. What does the tailor comment on in Chapter 20 that leads to a misunderstanding?
3. How does Saskia feel about her pregnancy?
4. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
5. How does the king react to Saskia's work in Chapter 19?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)