|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Gold: Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor want Elke to trade his spinning wheel for in Chapter 11?
(b) A brace for his leg.
(c) A new bed.
(d) Saskia's spinning wheel.
2. Why does the miller claim that Saskia can spin straw into gold in Chapter 15?
(a) He is desperate for Saskia to be declared the king's spinner.
(b) He decides to get back at Saskia for cutting his hair while he was asleep.
(c) He is drunk and confused.
(d) He believes his daughter can do anything.
3. What does the king threaten to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Keep Saskia prisoner for the rest of her life.
(b) Take Saskia's firstborn baby.
(c) Kill Saskia if she fails him.
(d) Kill the miller.
4. What does the tailor try to do with yarn in Chapter 2?
(a) Spin it to look like gold.
(b) Make a nice new suit for himself.
(c) Make a baby's dress.
(d) Make the maiden a temporary ring.
5. What does Saskia's father take away from her in Chapter 12?
(a) A book.
(b) Her mother's wheel.
(d) Her favorite necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she plan to do to fulfill her promise to herself in Chapter 12?
2. What does the tailor tell the young maiden and her father about his leg in Chapter 3?
3. How does the young maiden die?
4. Who does the tailor ask about when Elke shows him the object in Chapter 11?
5. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)