|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Yarn: Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saskia have to sell these things in Chapter 6?
(a) To make money to buy a new dress.
(b) As a favor to her neighbor.
(c) To survive.
(d) So the items do not spoil.
2. How does Saskia react when her father takes something away from her in Chapter 12?
(a) She runs away momentarily.
(b) She cries violently.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She does not seem to care.
3. What does the young maiden tell the tailor at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She wants to run away with him.
(b) She wants him to burn off the tattoo.
(c) Her father has accepted him as his son-in-law.
(d) She cannot wait for his leg to be straight again.
4. How does the tailor feel about the people he has met after a few weeks in Chapter 7?
(a) He resents them.
(b) He thinks they are kind folk who are just down on their luck.
(c) He thinks they are the lowest form of human.
(d) He feels as though he has become a part of the family.
5. What does the miller encourage Saskia to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Get along with the tailor.
(b) Leave home.
(c) Trade wheels with the tailor.
(d) Go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elke described?
2. Why does Saskia not want to do what her father wants her to in Chapter 12?
3. Who comes across the tailor in Chapter 7?
4. Where is the tailor sitting at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does Saskia promise to do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)