|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Yarn: Chapters 11-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the object that Elke brings to the tailor belong to?
(a) The miller.
(c) The king.
2. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
(a) That he will lose his business.
(b) That the crops will spoil.
(c) That the tailor cannot provide the life he wants for his daughter.
(d) That the young maiden will run away.
3. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
(a) He paints it.
(b) He cries on it.
(c) He mixes it with cow dung.
(d) He cooks it.
4. What does the miller encourage Saskia to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Get along with the tailor.
(b) Trade wheels with the tailor.
(c) Leave home.
(d) Go to school.
5. Who does the young maiden's father want her to marry?
(a) The baker.
(b) The miller.
(c) The carpenter.
(d) The Reverend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Elke give the tailor?
2. Why does the tailor want to trade his spinning wheel for the other item in Chapter 11?
3. What is the title of Part 2?
4. What does Saskia use of her mother's in Chapter 9?
5. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)