|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saskia start to help Dagmar's mother do in Chapter 9?
(a) Cook her food.
(b) Look after her children.
(c) Mend her garments.
(d) Sell her yarn.
2. What does the tailor give to the young maiden in Chapter 4?
(a) A ring.
(b) A poem.
(c) A dress.
(d) A flower.
3. Who has the young maiden married by Chapter 4?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A miller.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A businessman.
4. How does the young maiden die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) She is attacked by a bear.
(c) She bumps her head on a table.
(d) She falls into a frozen lake.
5. Why does Saskia's father refuse to get out of bed in Chapter 6?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saskia have to sell these things in Chapter 6?
2. Who is the author of "Spinners"?
3. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
4. Who does the young maiden's father want her to marry?
5. Who reports to the tailor about the young maiden in Chapter 4?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)