|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
(a) That he will lose his business.
(b) That the young maiden will run away.
(c) That the crops will spoil.
(d) That the tailor cannot provide the life he wants for his daughter.
2. What happens to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
(a) He cuts his leg on a saw.
(b) A large rock falls on his leg.
(c) It cramps and does not straighten again.
(d) He has it tattooed.
3. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
(a) He paints it.
(b) He cooks it.
(c) He mixes it with cow dung.
(d) He cries on it.
4. What does Saskia start to help Dagmar's mother do in Chapter 9?
(a) Look after her children.
(b) Mend her garments.
(c) Cook her food.
(d) Sell her yarn.
5. Why does this happen to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
(a) He had been working very hard.
(b) He had been building a table for his house.
(c) He had been climbing in the woods.
(d) He wanted to declare his love for the young maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tailor leave his new home at the end of Chapter 7?
2. How long does the tailor have to prove himself to the young maiden's father?
3. What is the title of Part 2?
4. What happens as the young maiden tries to help the tailor's leg in Chapter 3?
5. How do the people who the tailor has recently met feel about the tailor?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)