|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Elke give the tailor?
(a) She commissions him to make her daughter's wedding dress.
(b) The title of co-president of a small tailoring company.
(c) The King's chief spinner.
(d) A menial job.
2. What does the tailor discover about his sister-in-law in Chapter 8?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She has died.
(c) She has remarried.
(d) She has given birth to four children.
3. How is Elke described?
(a) As deformed and wretched.
(b) As beautiful and graceful.
(c) As plain and middle-aged.
(d) As kind and generous.
4. How does the young maiden die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) She falls into a frozen lake.
(c) She is attacked by a bear.
(d) She bumps her head on a table.
5. Where does the young maiden live in Chapter 4?
(a) In a mansion.
(b) At the mill.
(c) In a small cottage.
(d) On a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part 1 of the novel?
2. Who is Saskia?
3. When Saskia's father awakens in Chapter 6, what does he believe has happened to him?
4. What does the tailor agree to give to the passersby?
5. What does the tailor give to the young maiden in Chapter 4?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)