|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Young Love: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports to the tailor about the young maiden in Chapter 4?
(a) The sea captain.
(b) A young boy who works at the mill.
(c) A beggar on the street.
(d) A pupil.
2. What does the tailor set out to prove to the young maiden's father in Chapter 1?
(a) That he loves the young maiden.
(b) That he is the strongest man in the village.
(c) That he is wealthy.
(d) That he can provide for the young maiden.
3. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
(a) That the young maiden will run away.
(b) That the crops will spoil.
(c) That the tailor cannot provide the life he wants for his daughter.
(d) That he will lose his business.
4. Where are the young maiden and the tailor at the beginning of the story?
(a) In an abandoned shed.
(b) Swimming in a pond.
(c) In the young maiden's house.
(d) In a farmer's barn.
5. What happens to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
(a) A large rock falls on his leg.
(b) He has it tattooed.
(c) He cuts his leg on a saw.
(d) It cramps and does not straighten again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the tailor tries to return the item to the old woman in Chapter 3?
2. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
3. Where is the tailor told he can find the young maiden on the day she is to give birth?
4. What does the tailor tell the young maiden and her father about his leg in Chapter 3?
5. Where does the young maiden live in Chapter 4?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)