|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elke tell the tailor about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) The miller's alcoholism.
(b) Her youth.
(c) The king's secrets.
(d) Saskia's imprisonment.
2. What does the tailor set out to prove to the young maiden's father in Chapter 1?
(a) That he can provide for the young maiden.
(b) That he is wealthy.
(c) That he loves the young maiden.
(d) That he is the strongest man in the village.
3. Why is Saskia angry with the king in Chapter 21?
(a) Because he threatened to kill her.
(b) Because he has exiled her father.
(c) Because he laughed at her in public.
(d) Because he put down Dagmar and her family.
4. What does Elke bring to the tailor in Chapter 11?
(a) Her favorite book.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A new spinning wheel.
(d) A skein of yarn.
5. What does Elke ask Saskia's father do to in Chapter 12?
(a) Abandon Saskia.
(b) Exchange his wheel for the tailor's.
(c) Take in the tailor.
(d) Allow Saskia to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Saskia not want to do in Chapter 12?
2. What does the tailor try to sell in Chapter 8?
3. When Saskia returns home in Chapter 22, what does her father want her to do?
4. What does Saskia start to help Dagmar's mother do in Chapter 9?
5. What does Saskia promise to do in Chapter 12?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)