|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king threaten to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Kill the miller.
(b) Keep Saskia prisoner for the rest of her life.
(c) Kill Saskia if she fails him.
(d) Take Saskia's firstborn baby.
2. Why does this happen to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
(a) He had been working very hard.
(b) He had been climbing in the woods.
(c) He wanted to declare his love for the young maiden.
(d) He had been building a table for his house.
3. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
(a) He cooks it.
(b) He cries on it.
(c) He mixes it with cow dung.
(d) He paints it.
4. What does the king threaten he will do to Saskia in Chapter 16?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Cut her finger off.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Embarass her in front of the village.
5. What does Elke ask Saskia's father do to in Chapter 12?
(a) Take in the tailor.
(b) Abandon Saskia.
(c) Exchange his wheel for the tailor's.
(d) Allow Saskia to go to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the tailor tries to return the item to the old woman in Chapter 3?
2. Who catches the tailor in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Elke have the tailor live?
4. Of whom does the tailor ask questions about in Chapter 13?
5. What does Elke tell the tailor about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)