|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tailor buy from the farmer in Chapter 1?
2. What does the king ask Saskia in Chapter 18?
(a) If she finds him attractive.
(b) If she is already engaged.
(c) If her family comes from money.
(d) If she is a magician.
3. What does Elke bring to the tailor in Chapter 11?
(a) A skein of yarn.
(b) Her favorite book.
(c) A new spinning wheel.
(d) A scarf.
4. What story does the miller tell that he heard from Saskia's mother in Chapter 15?
(a) Saskia's mother is supposedly a nobleman's daughter.
(b) Saskia's mother once knew someone who made straw appear to be gold.
(c) She knew a man who used straw to make a gold wedding dress.
(d) A young maiden like Saskia once seduced a king simply by showing him a strand of gold thread.
5. What is Saskia unable to resist doing in Chapter 12?
(a) Skimming through a school book.
(b) Spying on the tailor.
(c) Stealing money from her father.
(d) Spinning a small number of threads on the tailor's wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the tailor hope to find refuge in Chapter 8?
2. What does the tailor set out to prove to the young maiden's father in Chapter 1?
3. What is the tailor not bothered by in Chapter 26?
4. How does Saskia accidentally cut her father's cheek?
5. What does the tailor do to his body as he waits for his grandchild to arrive?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)