|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young maiden tell the tailor at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) She cannot wait for his leg to be straight again.
(b) She wants him to burn off the tattoo.
(c) She wants to run away with him.
(d) Her father has accepted him as his son-in-law.
2. Why does the tailor leave his new home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He realizes that he does not believe in God.
(b) He finds that the pub life is not for him.
(c) He finds that the vagrants have stolen from him.
(d) He learns that the father and son plan to take a trip without him.
3. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
(a) That she is not feeling well.
(b) That her father wants her to marry someone else.
(c) That she might be pregnant.
(d) That they will be late for church.
4. Why does Saskia have to sell these things in Chapter 6?
(a) So the items do not spoil.
(b) As a favor to her neighbor.
(c) To make money to buy a new dress.
(d) To survive.
5. Where is the tailor sitting at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) The side of the road.
(b) In a field.
(c) In a pub.
(d) In a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the tailor go at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. Who comes across the tailor in Chapter 7?
3. How does the young maiden die?
4. Who reports to the tailor about the young maiden in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Saskia?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)