|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tailor feel about the people he has met after a few weeks in Chapter 7?
(a) He thinks they are kind folk who are just down on their luck.
(b) He resents them.
(c) He thinks they are the lowest form of human.
(d) He feels as though he has become a part of the family.
2. What does Saskia's father help do at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Take yarn to the market.
(b) Make supper.
(c) Tend the garden.
(d) Find Saskia's lucky scarf.
3. Where does Elke have the tailor live?
(a) In an isolated home in the woods.
(b) At her uncle's home.
(c) In a small cottage on the edge of the village.
(d) At her house.
4. What job does Elke give the tailor?
(a) A menial job.
(b) The title of co-president of a small tailoring company.
(c) The King's chief spinner.
(d) She commissions him to make her daughter's wedding dress.
5. Who is Elke?
(a) A woman who insists on seeing the tailor create some of his fine yarns.
(b) A member of the aristocracy who pities the tailor.
(c) A fellow tailor who is close to the tailor.
(d) The tailor's neighbor who supports him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Saskia accidentally cut her father's cheek?
2. Who is the author of "Spinners"?
3. What does Saskia's father discover that shocks him in Chapter 10?
4. What does the tailor give to the young maiden in Chapter 4?
5. How do the people who the tailor has recently met feel about the tailor?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)