|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the tailor tries to return the item to the old woman in Chapter 3?
(a) She cries on his shoulders.
(b) She thanks him with a feast.
(c) She notices that it is broken.
(d) She does not want it back.
2. How is Elke described?
(a) As beautiful and graceful.
(b) As deformed and wretched.
(c) As plain and middle-aged.
(d) As kind and generous.
3. What does Saskia ask Dagmar's mother to help her do in Chapter 9?
(a) Make a beautiful dress.
(b) Teach her how to spin thread into yarn.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Pray for her mother.
4. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
(a) That the young maiden will run away.
(b) That he will lose his business.
(c) That the tailor cannot provide the life he wants for his daughter.
(d) That the crops will spoil.
5. What does the young maiden try to do to the tailor's leg at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Stitch it up.
(b) Cut it off.
(c) Massage it.
(d) Hide it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the tailor do to satisfy the young maiden's father's doubts?
2. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
3. What happens to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
4. What does Saskia have to sell in Chapter 6?
5. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)