|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young maiden die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) She is attacked by a bear.
(c) She bumps her head on a table.
(d) She falls into a frozen lake.
2. What happens to the tailor's leg in Chapter 2?
(a) A large rock falls on his leg.
(b) He has it tattooed.
(c) He cuts his leg on a saw.
(d) It cramps and does not straighten again.
3. Why does the young tailor leave the gold dress with the old woman in chapter 3?
(a) He needs somewhere to store the dress.
(b) To show he is honest.
(c) To comfort her.
(d) To thank her.
4. What does Saskia discuss with her friend in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is greedy and spiteful.
(b) That her brother is a prude and she dislikes him.
(c) That her grandfather is very religious and will never allow her to marry.
(d) The idea that if her father shaved he could attract a new wife.
5. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
(a) That she might be pregnant.
(b) That she is not feeling well.
(c) That her father wants her to marry someone else.
(d) That they will be late for church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor do to the straw to be able to do what he wants with it in Chapter 2?
2. What does Saskia's father help do at the end of Chapter 10?
3. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
4. What job does Elke give the tailor?
5. What does the tailor discover about his sister-in-law in Chapter 8?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)