|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Gold: Chapters 14-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king do after seeing Saskia's work in Chapter 18?
(a) He calls her a witch.
(b) He moves her to a bigger room with more straw.
(c) He has Saskia walk alongside him in a parade.
(d) He has a feast.
2. What does Elke bring to the tailor in Chapter 11?
(a) A new spinning wheel.
(b) A skein of yarn.
(c) Her favorite book.
(d) A scarf.
3. What does the tailor want Elke to trade his spinning wheel for in Chapter 11?
(b) A new bed.
(c) Saskia's spinning wheel.
(d) A brace for his leg.
4. What does the king threaten to do in Chapter 19?
(a) Take Saskia's firstborn baby.
(b) Kill Saskia if she fails him.
(c) Kill the miller.
(d) Keep Saskia prisoner for the rest of her life.
5. What does the tailor give to the young maiden in Chapter 4?
(a) A poem.
(b) A dress.
(c) A flower.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young maiden try to do to the tailor's leg at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does the king threaten he will do to Saskia in Chapter 16?
3. How does Saskia react when her father takes something away from her in Chapter 12?
4. What does the tailor tell the young maiden and her father about his leg in Chapter 3?
5. What job does Elke give the tailor?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)