|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Preparation: Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saskia's father help do at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Take yarn to the market.
(b) Make supper.
(c) Tend the garden.
(d) Find Saskia's lucky scarf.
2. How does the king prove that he will never ask Saskia to spin straw into gold again?
(a) He locks the wheel away.
(b) He gives the wheel away.
(c) He cuts off his tongue.
(d) He burns her wheel.
3. What does the tailor try to sell in Chapter 8?
(a) His watch.
(b) His yarns.
(c) His Bible.
(d) His spinning wheel.
4. How does Saskia accidentally cut her father's cheek?
(a) By handing him scissors absentmindedly.
(b) By trying to make his haircut even.
(c) By shaving his beard.
(d) By shoving the cat in his face.
5. Why does the tailor want to trade his spinning wheel for the other item in Chapter 11?
(a) He desires to touch the wheel in the same places his dead love did.
(b) His leg is in pain.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) His home is not comfortable or welcoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tailor insist Elke do in Chapter 11?
2. Where does the tailor go at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. Why does Saskia ask Dagmar to the castle in Chapter 23?
4. What does Elke give to Saskia's father in Chapter 12?
5. What does Dagmar's mother want Saskia to do in Chapter 22?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)