Part 1, Young Love: Chapters 1-4
1. Who is the author of "Spinners"?
(a) L J Smith.
(b) Donna Jo Napoli.
(c) John Boyne.
(d) Cassandra Claire.
2. What is the title of Part 1 of the novel?
(a) Love Gone Wrong.
(b) Young Love.
(c) Sisterly Love.
(d) First Love.
3. Where are the young maiden and the tailor at the beginning of the story?
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In the young maiden's house.
(c) In a farmer's barn.
(d) In an abandoned shed.
4. What does the young maiden warn the tailor about in Chapter 1?
(a) That her father wants her to marry someone else.
(b) That they will be late for church.
(c) That she is not feeling well.
(d) That she might be pregnant.
5. Who catches the tailor in Chapter 1?
(a) The maiden's brother.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The baker.
(d) The tailor's father.
6. What does the tailor buy from the farmer in Chapter 1?
7. What is the young maiden's father's concern in Chapter 1?
(a) That the crops will spoil.
(b) That the tailor cannot provide the life he wants for his daughter.
(c) That the young maiden will run away.
(d) That he will lose his business.
This section contains 5,170 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)