Part 1, Young Love: Chapters 1-4
• The tailor and the young maiden want to marry.
• The young maiden's father tells the tailor that he is not good enough to marry his daughter.
• The tailor sets out to prove himself to the young maiden's father by creating a wedding dress out of gold.
• The tailor borrows a spinning wheel from a local spinner.
• The tailor's leg begins to cramp.
• The maiden tells the tailor that she cannot wait for his leg to straighten. She marries the miller.
• The young maiden gives birth to the tailor's baby and dies.
Part 2, Survival: Chapters 5-10
• Saskia, the miller's daughter, cuts the miller's hair while he is sleeping.
• The miller falls into a depression and doesn't get out of bed.
• The mill closes and Saskia has to sell herbs and vegetables to make a living.
• The tailor lives with a farmer and his family...
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)