|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler offer Diane?
(a) A plane ticket to come see Jason.
(b) A tip about the stock market.
(c) A ride back to the airport.
(d) A diamond engagement ring.
2. What does Diane tell Tyler?
(a) That she hopes she is pregnant.
(b) That she does not intend to leave Simon.
(c) That she and Simon are only friends, not lovers.
(d) That she wants to leave Simon for him.
3. What does Tyler use as a means of saying nothing about Jason's condition?
(a) The need to know.
(b) He does not yet know what is wrong with Jason.
(c) Patient confidentiality.
(d) Jason asked him not to say anything.
4. What are Tyler Dupree and his two friends, the thirteen-year-old twins, Diane and Jason Lawton, doing?
(a) Writing a paper on astrophysics.
(b) Sitting on the lawn discussing the stars and other things.
(c) Dancing at a teen disco.
(d) Playing video games.
5. What does Ina tell En?
(a) To stay away from the clinic for a few days.
(b) To go find his father and bring him to the clinic.
(c) To warn her if any strangers come looking for the clinic.
(d) To go to Padang for medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason offer Simon?
2. What does Diane tell Tyler when she returns to the motel room?
3. Why does Diane call Tyler regularly?
4. What is the grand plan for Mars?
5. What does Jason ask of Tyler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the cab take Tyler and Diane and who do they meet?
2. How does the general population respond to Spin?
3. Simon is the person Diane seems to have chosen for her lover at this time in her life and yet Jason thinks Simon is the least possible good for Diane. What do you think Jason means by this?
4. How is Tyler doing with the medicine he has injected and why do you think he is taking the medicine when it has such terrible side effects?
5. What is the Chinese response to Spin and how would you interpret that?
6. Describe the overall approach of the author to the plot.
7. What movement does Diane belong to and how is that movement characterized? How is the behavior of the movement ironic?
8. What does Tyler and Ina talk about and what does Ina say?
9. What might be a possible reason that the end of the story is given at the beginning of the novel?
10. How will ecopoiesis work on Mars?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)