|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chosen because of his skills and wide cultural knowledge.
(a) Wen Woo Gog.
(d) Wun Ngo Wen.
2. How does the general population react during the first few months of the October Event?
(b) Relative indifference.
(c) Extreme curiosity.
(d) Total panic.
3. Who greets Tyler and Diane in a small village outside of Padang?
(a) Alle Inae, a witch doctor.
(b) Jal Maler, a scientist who understands the spin better than anyone.
(c) Ibu Ina, a doctor who own a small medical clinic just outside the town.
(d) No one.
4. What do Tyler and Diane do while Jason and Simon are gone?
(a) Walk around the lake.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Make love.
5. How much changed on Earth right after the October Event?
(a) It never rains.
(b) The tides reversed themselves.
(c) The sky was always bright blue.
(d) Nothing changed drastically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason offer Simon?
2. What does Tyler decide to do?
3. What happened to Tyler's Mom?
4. Who belongs to NK?
5. What does Diane see happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a consequence of the time difference inside and outside of Spin?
2. Briefly describe the different paths the three friends, Diane, Jason, and Tyler choose as adults and after the coming of Spin.
3. How does Jason giving Simon a ride in his Ferrari so that they can get a part for their broken car show the contrast between Jason and his sister, Diane?
4. How is Tyler doing with the medicine he has injected and why do you think he is taking the medicine when it has such terrible side effects?
5. What is one theme that first appears in this chapter?
6. What is the implication of a world where time moves much more slowly compared to the rest of the Universe?
7. Simon is the person Diane seems to have chosen for her lover at this time in her life and yet Jason thinks Simon is the least possible good for Diane. What do you think Jason means by this?
8. Why do you think many people, not just in this novel, but in real life, tend to turn to religion in a severe crisis?
9. Both Jason and Tyler wonder what the Hypotheticals (the name given to the fictional Alien race possibly responsible for the Spin) aimed to accomplish with the Spin. What do you think may be accomplished?
10. Why is the one Russian cosmonaut that makes it back to Earth alive after Spin considered crazy?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)