|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much has the universe outside of Spin aged over the last five years?
(a) Five years.
(b) Not at all.
(c) Over five hundred million years.
(d) The universe outside of Spin no longer exists.
2. What is the grand plan for Mars?
(a) Medicinal manufacturing.
(b) Creating a biosphere.
(c) Having it ready for colonization in two months.
(d) Mining operations.
3. What does the "October Event" come to be named?
(b) Fall Equinox.
(c) All Saint's Day.
(d) 12-day Revolution.
4. Where is Diane?
(a) Nowhere to be found in Padang.
(b) She went back to the States.
(c) She went to London.
(d) She went to Singapore.
5. What does Tyler want Jason to do?
(a) Get as much bed rest as possible.
(b) Come to the clinic for a physical exam.
(c) Go to France to see a specialist.
(d) Go to Texas to see a specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can this disease be treated?
2. Where are Tyler and Diane waiting for Jason?
3. What is the status of Lawton's aerostats manufacturing company?
4. Why does Diane call Tyler regularly?
5. How is Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler decide to write the story of him and his friends?
2. Why does Tyler quickly stop reading the letters from his father to his mother and what do you think is the implication of it?
3. What is the Chinese response to Spin and how would you interpret that?
4. What is known about Spin that would probably cause a general panic in the population of Earth were it to become common knowledge? Is it moral of those "in the know" to keep this information from the general population?
5. What does Tyler and Ina talk about and what does Ina say?
6. Why do all the rockets sent to Mars need to reach the membrane simultaneously?
7. What is the first "casualty" of the event that comes to be known as "Spin" and what is one consequence of this casualty?
8. Why does E. D. know about the attributes of Spin and why does he reveal this information to Jason?
9. What movement does Diane belong to and how is that movement characterized? How is the behavior of the movement ironic?
10. What is the definition of ecopoiesis?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)