|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is the Martian drug intended to bring people?
(a) "The First Age."
(b) "A Renewed Age."
(c) "The Fourth Age."
(d) "A New Age."
2. What does Tyler discuss with Diane on the phone?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Seeding Mars.
(c) The inner workings of the Jordan Tabernacle's cult.
(d) Jason's illness.
3. Where are Tyler and Diane moving?
(a) To Mars.
(b) To Bolivia.
(c) Somewhere across the galaxy on a new planet.
(d) To Toronto.
4. What makes Tyler get nauseous as he views Diane's wounds?
(a) His glasses are broken and he's seeing double.
(b) He is seasick already.
(c) He has a migraine headache.
(d) Tyler's Fourth Age State.
5. How do they know Spin is gone?
(a) The lights of the city now reflect in the clouds.
(b) The replicators report it is so.
(c) There are stars visible.
(d) The flickering in the sky is gone.
6. What happens to Wun after returning to Florida?
(a) He is killed by a work gang.
(b) He becomes ill from something in the Earth's atmosphere.
(c) He starts working for Perihelion.
(d) He flies back to Mars.
7. About what does E.D. try to convince Lomax?
(a) That the replicator plan is brilliant.
(b) That the replicator plan could backfire.
(c) That the replicator plan is not feasible.
(d) That Jason is incompetent to handle the replicator plan.
8. What does the Spin membrane start doing?
(b) Showing sporadic signs of disturbance by flickering for a few hours at a time.
9. Who does Tyler think he may love?
10. Where does Tyler have to take Diane to save her?
(a) Thousands of miles across the country.
(b) To Perihelion.
(c) To Mars.
(d) To India.
11. What does Tyler do?
(a) He leaves Perihelion and goes back to practice as a regular doctor.
(b) He kidnaps Diane from the cult.
(c) He give Jason an overdose to end his life gracefully.
(d) He marries Diane.
12. What do they hope the replicators will eventually do?
(a) Contact other worlds to find homes for the Earth people.
(b) Get rid of the Spin.
(c) Give important clues as to the nature and motives of the Hypotheticals.
(d) Wear out.
13. What did the replicators require that no one but Jason knew?
(a) Renewal annually.
(b) A power source other than the sun.
(c) A human to enable communication.
(d) A means of overcoming inertia.
14. Why is the Spin partially turned off?
(a) To give more heat from the sun.
(b) To allow construction of the archway.
(c) Spin is completely removed.
(d) To allow humans to again see the stars.
15. What is fast approaching?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) Diane's divorce.
(c) The end of President Lomax's term.
(d) Tyler's marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tyler convince the motel manager to let him spend the night there?
2. How are Tyler and Diane getting out of Padang?
3. With whom was Carol in love for most of her life?
4. Who does Simon finally talk to on the phone?
5. Why is traveling at night getting more dangerous?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)