|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does E.D. spend most of his time?
(a) In Florida.
(b) He is dead.
(c) In Washington, D.C.
(d) In Europe.
2. How does Jason relapse the coming year from the time the three friends were together?
(a) He relapses from his weight training program and can hardly walk.
(b) He has a bout of MS but recovers.
(c) He has a drug relapse and gets back on cocaine.
(d) He does not have a relapse because Tyler watches him closely.
3. What does Jason recall?
(a) The death of his mother.
(b) The day Jason was forced by E.D. to spend a whole evening trying to repair an old lawnmower he had previously taken apart.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) How much he missed Diane when she lived with the NK people.
4. What is a consequence of the way time works with the Spin?
(a) The Universe will be infintely young.
(b) The Universe will expire in 10 years of Earth time.
(c) The Sun will decay in such a way that the blue planet will be swallowed by the burning star.
(d) No consequence other than the usual decay over time.
5. After humans colonize Mars, what happens?
(a) Their genetic makeup alters.
(b) They mysteriously die out.
(c) They progress technologically at a rapid pace.
(d) A spin membrane circles Mars.
6. How does Jason feel towards Simon?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He likes him very much.
(c) He is indifferent to him.
(d) He tolerates him.
7. Where is Diane?
(a) Nowhere to be found in Padang.
(b) She went to Singapore.
(c) She went back to the States.
(d) She went to London.
8. How can this disease be treated?
(a) With electroshock treatments.
(b) There is no treament.
(c) With a drug "cocktail."
(d) With surgery.
9. What is ready in early winter?
(a) The new Olympic ski slope.
(b) A space ship for intergalaxy travel.
(c) A new form of terraforming.
(d) Seed capsules are ready to be sent from launch pads.
10. About what disease does Tyler learn?
(a) A new cattle-borne disease called CVWS, which seem to affect a lot of people.
(b) A new strain of malaria.
(c) A new mosquito-born disease called SWNN.
(d) A new strain of swine flu.
11. What is the Russian cosmonaut who survives the landing of his vessel deemed?
(a) A font of information about the October Event.
(b) A hero.
12. What does Tyler send Diane?
(a) A book about religious cults and their hold on minds.
(b) A plane ticket to leave Simon.
(c) 500 dollars.
(d) 10,000 dollars.
13. Where does Tyler have to move if he accepts the offer?
(b) Washington, D.C.
14. Upon what does Tyler reflect?
(a) How the ball is ascending just before midnight.
(b) The bad quality of music videos these days.
(c) His past.
(d) The number of penquins on the ice.
15. What is suspended indefinitely?
(a) The space program.
(b) The public school system.
(c) Human rights.
(d) The writ of Habeas Corpus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an accurate description of Jason?
2. When does Tyler fall in love with Diane?
3. What is one of Perihelion's projects?
4. How does Diane deal with spin?
5. Where is Perihelion located?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)