|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Tyler fall in love with Diane?
(a) He has never loved her.
(b) When Diane was in high school.
(c) He loves her as a friend only.
(d) When Diane is 10 and her dog dies.
2. How much has the universe outside of Spin aged over the last five years?
(a) Over five hundred million years.
(b) The universe outside of Spin no longer exists.
(c) Five years.
(d) Not at all.
3. What is a consequence of the way time works with the Spin?
(a) The Universe will expire in 10 years of Earth time.
(b) The Sun will decay in such a way that the blue planet will be swallowed by the burning star.
(c) No consequence other than the usual decay over time.
(d) The Universe will be infintely young.
4. What is the "October Event"?
(a) The disappearance of the moon and stars.
(b) When Trotsky and Lenin took over Russia.
(d) Fall Soltice.
5. Who calls Tyler in March?
6. What does it appear that Jason has?
(a) A brain tumor.
(b) Multiple Sclerosis.
7. What does Jason want from Tyler?
(a) For Tyler to check him over thoroughly as he is not feeling well.
(b) To marry Diane.
(c) To do some medical experiements on Mars.
(d) To be a bug in the ear of NIH.
8. Who does Jason invite Tyler to meet?
(a) His fiance.
(b) Jason's heretofore unknown half brother.
(c) Wun Ngo Wen, a Martian ambassador.
(d) The President of the United States.
9. Who is En?
(a) Ina's husband.
(b) Ina's son.
(c) Alle's son.
(d) The ten-year-old son of Ina's nephew.
10. Who is Tyler called to replace?
(a) Dr. Carter.
(b) Dr. Konig.
(c) Dr. Messmer.
(d) Dr. Jackson.
11. What does the cosmonaut say about his space trip?
(a) That it was darker than night.
(b) That the vessels was beset by demons of all kinds.
(c) That he was in space for weeks more than he was.
(d) That angels visited them before they came back to earth.
12. What is Jason called in an article?
(a) A dead man's facade.
(b) A formidable figure.
(c) A puppet.
(d) A fraud.
13. How does the general population react during the first few months of the October Event?
(a) Total panic.
(c) Extreme curiosity.
(d) Relative indifference.
14. What does Tyler use as a means of saying nothing about Jason's condition?
(a) He does not yet know what is wrong with Jason.
(b) Patient confidentiality.
(c) The need to know.
(d) Jason asked him not to say anything.
15. What kind of party do Diane and Jason attend?
(a) An eclipse party.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A skating party.
(d) A sledding party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tyler offered about five years after the time at the summer house?
2. Where is Diane?
3. What were two causes of the failure of the NK movement?
4. What path does Tyler choose?
5. How are Jason's symptoms progressing?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)