|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chee prepares to perform the ceremony for Leaphorn at the hospital in Chapter 18, he calls the daughter of a singer who lived near what community?
2. What symbol does Leaphorn draw after Chee tells him that Bernie found the woman that shot him in Chapter 21?
(a) A circle.
(b) A triangle.
(c) A heart.
(d) A diamond.
3. Where does Marjorie tell Bernie and Chee she discovered the missing report in Chapter 13?
(a) In Dr. Davis’s office.
(b) On her car windshield.
(c) On her desk.
(d) In the mail room.
4. Who does Slim Jacobs claim is a well known guy in the rodeo circuit in Chapter 15?
(a) Leonard Nez.
(b) Charley Zah.
(c) Randall Elliot.
(d) Garrison Tsosie.
5. When does Captain Largo tell Bernie he wants her to come back to work when he calls in Chapter 17?
(a) The next day.
(b) In two weeks.
(c) On Monday.
(d) On Thursday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernie tell her mother she doesn’t want to let the cat outside in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Chee say he came to the AIRC museum in Chapter 19?
3. What agreement does Bernie tell her sister that they made in Chapter 11?
4. What elevation does the narrator say Santa Fe, New Mexico is at in Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of the ranch that Jackson Benally says he works at on weekends in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place when Bernie goes to Santa Fe to be hypnotized in Chapter 12?
2. What family problems does Bernie face when she visits her mother in Chapter 17?
3. How is Leaphorn’s condition described in Chapter 12? What request does he make of Chee?
4. What do Bernie and her mother discuss during Bernie’s visit in Chapter 11?
5. How does Slim Jacobs describe Ellie’s involvement with the vases that were sent to Japan in Chapter 15?
6. What clue leads Bernie to AIRC to look for Chee in Chapter 20? What does she find when she arrives?
7. Why does Captain Largo call Chee in the beginning of Chapter 16? Where does he tell Chee to go?
8. How does Chee manage to find the name of EFB Appraisals’ owner and contact information in Chapter 13?
9. How is Leaphorn’s missing AIRC report described in Chapter 12?
10. Where does Chee meet Agent Cordova in Chapter 16? Why does Cordova say he sent for Chee?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)