|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chee’s uncle that he wishes could see the artifacts at the AIRC museum in Chapter 13?
(a) Hosteen Nakai.
(b) Garrison Tsosie.
(c) Randall Elliot.
(d) Charley Zah.
2. What word of Spanish origin refers to a large landed estate, particularly one used for ranching or farming?
3. What is the name of the hospital chaplain at the Santa Fe hospital where Leaphorn is being treated in Chapter 18?
(a) Reverend Christianson.
(b) Reverend Smith.
(c) Reverend Rodriguez.
(d) Reverend Darkwater.
4. Which of her college textbooks does Bernie take out and realize it was on the desk of Leaphorn in Chapter 11?
(a) Materials Science and Engineering: An Introduction.
(b) Native Arts of the Southwest: Roots and Routes.
(c) The Art of Public Speaking.
(d) Discrete Mathematics and its Applications.
5. What is the name of Slim Jacobs’ guard dog in Chapter 15?
6. What kind of cigarettes does Dr. Davis smoke?
(a) Skydancer cigarettes.
(b) Applejack cigarettes.
(c) Camel unfiltered cigarettes.
(d) Marlboro lights cigarettes.
7. Where is the FBI’s award ceremony held in Chapter 22?
(a) The Navajo Inn.
(b) Huerfano Mesa.
(c) El Bruno’s.
(d) The Shiprock station.
8. What PBS television show is alluded to as Bernie considers artifact valuation in Chapter 12?
(a) Rick Steves’ Europe.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) Antiques Roadshow.
9. What does Louisa tell Bernie is in her glove compartment in the car she loans her in Chapter 20?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her purse.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
10. At what time does Marjorie tell Bernie Dr. Collingsworth will be back in his office in Chapter 20?
11. When Chee calls Captain Largo in the beginning of Chapter 14, Largo informs him that the police there have heard from whose ex-wife?
(a) Rocko Delbert’s.
(b) Austin Lee’s.
(c) Randall Elliot’s.
(d) Charley Zah’s.
12. What is the name of the ranch that Jackson Benally says he works at on weekends in Chapter 14?
(a) The Double R Ranch.
(b) The Double X Ranch.
(c) The Jackson Day Ranch.
(d) The Karuk Ranch.
13. What word from Chapter 15 refers to a small steep-sided watercourse or gulch with a nearly flat floor?
14. Whose music has Dr. Davis left blaring in the room where she’s left Bernie and Chee tied up in Chapter 21?
(a) Janis Joplin’s.
(b) Jimi Hendrix’s.
15. What does Bernie tell Louisa she lost from her car when she returns her keys in Chapter 21?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her backpack.
(d) Her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bernie find sitting in Leaphorn’s hospital room when he returns in the morning to leave in Chapter 18?
2. Where does Marjorie tell Bernie and Chee she discovered the missing report in Chapter 13?
3. What agreement does Bernie tell her sister that they made in Chapter 11?
4. What does Bernie tell the AIRC museum receptionist is not working as she and Chee leave in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Agent Cordova say the FBI tracked down Leonard Nez at a rodeo in Chapter 21?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)