|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what condition does Mrs. Benally say she will take Chee to Lizard Nez in Chapter 18?
(a) On the condition that Officer Wheeler replaces her fudge-cicles.
(b) On the condition that she gets her son and car back.
(c) On the condition that she be removed from the suspects list.
(d) On the condition that she be released from jail.
2. Who does Slim Jacobs claim is a well known guy in the rodeo circuit in Chapter 15?
(a) Randall Elliot.
(b) Leonard Nez.
(c) Charley Zah.
(d) Garrison Tsosie.
3. What is the name of the jeweler that Dr. Davis says made her bracelet in Chapter 19?
(a) Notah Tsosie.
(b) Charley Zah.
(c) Leonard Nez.
(d) Randall Elliot.
4. Who is Chee’s uncle that he wishes could see the artifacts at the AIRC museum in Chapter 13?
(a) Charley Zah.
(b) Randall Elliot.
(c) Garrison Tsosie.
(d) Hosteen Nakai.
5. What ceremony had Chee performed in the helicopter after Ellie was saved in the case that happened ten years ago, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
(a) A Letting Go ceremony.
(b) A Blessed Way ceremony.
(c) A Rising Bird ceremony.
(d) A Fallen Rock ceremony.
6. Where does Marjorie tell Bernie and Chee she discovered the missing report in Chapter 13?
(a) In Dr. Davis’s office.
(b) On her car windshield.
(c) In the mail room.
(d) On her desk.
7. What term from Chapter 15 refers to a Basket Maker in the Pueblo culture of the plateau region of northern Arizona and New Mexico?
8. What gift does Chee give to Bernie in Chapter 11?
(a) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A watch.
9. Where does Agent Cordova say the FBI tracked down Leonard Nez at a rodeo in Chapter 21?
(c) Santa Fe.
10. What word from Chapter 18 refers to a feeling of anticipation or anxiety over a future event?
11. What traditional song do Chee and Bernie sing to Leaphorn in Chapter 21?
(a) The Willow Song.
(b) The Moon Song.
(c) The Bluebird Song.
(d) The Sun Song.
12. Who was Bernie’s favorite teacher at the university she attended?
(a) Professor Zah.
(b) Professor Stuart.
(c) Professor Smith.
(d) Professor Chee.
13. What PBS television show is alluded to as Bernie considers artifact valuation in Chapter 12?
(a) Sesame Street.
(b) Rick Steves’ Europe.
(d) Antiques Roadshow.
14. Where is the FBI’s award ceremony held in Chapter 22?
(a) El Bruno’s.
(b) Huerfano Mesa.
(c) The Navajo Inn.
(d) The Shiprock station.
15. Chee suggests to Bernie in Chapter 14 that after the case is over they should take a trip where to stay with his relatives and hike and spend a week or two?
(c) Monument Valley.
(d) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the middle-aged Navajo man that is sitting with Leaphorn and Louisa when Bernie and Chee arrive at the hospital in Chapter 21?
2. What does Bernie discover next to Chee’s cell phone on the floor of the museum in Chapter 20?
3. What is the name of the man that nearly killed Eleanor Friedman-Bernal many years ago, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
4. What is the name of Slim Jacobs’ guard dog in Chapter 15?
5. What is the name of the ranch that Jackson Benally says he works at on weekends in Chapter 14?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)