|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Foundation’s endowment to the AIRC planned to be shipped from in the narrative?
2. What does Bernie tell Louisa she lost from her car when she returns her keys in Chapter 21?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her backpack.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her notebook.
3. As Chee prepares to perform the ceremony for Leaphorn at the hospital in Chapter 18, he calls the daughter of a singer who lived near what community?
4. What ceremony had Chee performed in the helicopter after Ellie was saved in the case that happened ten years ago, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
(a) A Fallen Rock ceremony.
(b) A Letting Go ceremony.
(c) A Blessed Way ceremony.
(d) A Rising Bird ceremony.
5. When does Captain Largo tell Bernie he wants her to come back to work when he calls in Chapter 17?
(a) On Monday.
(b) The next day.
(c) On Thursday.
(d) In two weeks.
6. What is the nickname that Bernie has given to Charlie Zah in the narrative?
(a) Speed Boy.
(b) Fast Boy.
(c) Stoop Boy.
(d) Slow Boy.
7. Where does Marjorie tell Bernie and Chee she discovered the missing report in Chapter 13?
(a) On her car windshield.
(b) In the mail room.
(c) In Dr. Davis’s office.
(d) On her desk.
8. Where does Agent Cordova say the FBI tracked down Leonard Nez at a rodeo in Chapter 21?
(a) Santa Fe.
9. What is the photograph of that accompanies Chee’s message to Bernie that says “Guess where I am” in Chapter 20?
(a) A daffodil.
(b) A rose.
(c) An orchid.
(d) A peony.
10. Whom does Bernie find sitting in Leaphorn’s hospital room when he returns in the morning to leave in Chapter 18?
(a) Louisa Bourbonette.
(b) Dr. Moxsley.
(c) Officer Morris.
(d) Dr. John Collingsworth.
11. What is the name of the ranch that Jackson Benally says he works at on weekends in Chapter 14?
(a) The Double X Ranch.
(b) The Jackson Day Ranch.
(c) The Double R Ranch.
(d) The Karuk Ranch.
12. Who does Bernie suggest she and Chee talk to about having a sing for Leaphorn at the hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) The hospital chaplain.
(b) The registration nurse.
(c) The hospital director.
(d) The neurologist.
13. Marjorie allows Bernie and Chee into the AIRC museum in order to view what artifact in Chapter 13?
(a) The Dine saddle blanket.
(b) The Redware Wedding Vase.
(c) The Maria Martinez vase.
(d) The Hosteen Klah rug.
14. The small town of Cuba is described in Chapter 14 as being known for what beloved New Mexican restaurant, according to the narrator in Chapter 14?
(b) El Bruno’s.
(c) La Quesa.
(d) The Navaho Inn.
15. What word does the narrator use in Chapter 12 that means the place or source of origin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chee say he came to the AIRC museum in Chapter 19?
2. What is the name of the man that nearly killed Eleanor Friedman-Bernal many years ago, according to the narrator in Chapter 16?
3. What word of Spanish origin refers to a large landed estate, particularly one used for ranching or farming?
4. What is the name of Slim Jacobs’ guard dog in Chapter 15?
5. What symbol is on the bracelet of the murder victim in Chapter 16?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)