|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Leaphorn’s house looking at his computer and files when Bernie arrives there to check for Louisa again in Chapter 4?
(a) Officer Wheeler.
(b) Officer Bigman.
(c) Agent Cordova.
(d) Officer Morris.
2. What magazine does Bernie get at the convenience store to take to her mother in Chapter 10?
(a) Home and Garden.
(d) Woman’s Day.
3. Who is the receptionist at AIRC that shows Bernie through the museum in Chapter 7?
(a) Ella Moxsley.
(b) Louisa Bourbonette.
(c) Marjorie Rockwell.
(d) Stella Darkwater.
4. The suspect who shoots Joe Leaphorn in Chapter 1 is said to have a license plate from what state on his vehicle?
(d) New Mexico.
5. How far does the narrator say Albuquerque is from Santa Fe in Chapter 5?
(a) An hour drive.
(b) A 2-hour drive.
(c) A 4-hour drive.
(d) A half-hour drive.
6. What pet does Bernie take from Leaphorn’s house in Chapter 4?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goldfish.
(d) A parakeet.
7. What officer does Bernie encounter at the convenience store she stops at on her way to her mother’s in Chapter 10?
(a) Officer Chee.
(b) Officer Wheeler.
(c) Officer Bigman.
(d) Officer Morris.
8. What initials are written down for a twelve-thirty meeting on the Friday before the shooting in Leaphorn’s journal in Chapter 9?
9. Who is the FBI agent that arrives to question Officer Bernie Manuelito after the shooting in Chapter 1?
(a) Agent John Collingsworth.
(b) Agent Maxie Davis.
(c) Agent Jerry Cordova.
(d) Agent Michael Bigman.
10. What is the name of the new suspect that has a record and a motive in Chapter 9?
(a) Charley Zah.
(b) Rocko Delbert.
(c) Garrison Tsosie.
(d) Randall Elliot.
11. What is described on Bernie’s journey in Chapter 6 as “the little settlement west of Farmington”?
12. Who is the store owner at the convenience store that Bernie stops at on her way to her mother’s in Chapter 10?
(a) Austin Lee.
(b) Leo Crowder.
(c) Leonard Nez.
(d) Rocko Delbert.
13. Who calls Bernie from AIRC in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Maxie Davis.
(b) Jackson Benally.
(c) Rocko Delbert.
(d) Dr. John Collingsworth.
14. What reservation does Chee express regarding Agent Cordova in Chapter 9?
(a) He thinks Cordova might be extorting Louisa.
(b) He thinks Cordova is flirting with Bernie.
(c) He thinks Cordova is overstepping his bounds in the investigation.
(d) He thinks Cordova might be involved in the shooting.
15. Where did Officer Bernie drive from for the Monday meeting in Chapter 1?
(a) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Notah Tsosie been arrested for by Leaphorn, according to the information that Bernie finds in his files in Chapter 9?
2. Who is described in Joe Leaphorn’s case files as having “killed a Utah rancher, and almost killed a woman he worked with” before disappearing, in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the neurologist that is running tests on Joe Leaphorn when Bernie arrives at the hospital in Chapter 6?
4. What was the name of Joe Leaphorn’s wife that died ten years ago, according to Bernie in Chapter 1?
5. What is Chee’s Navajo name translated to English, according to Bernie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)