|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie order for lunch at the café in Chapter 7?
(a) Beef fajitas.
(b) Goat stew.
(c) Potato soup.
(d) Beans and rice.
2. What name has the office manager at the Shiprock station found for the “AL” listing given to her by Bernie in Chapter 7?
(a) Angela Lewis.
(b) Andrew Lance.
(c) Austin Lee.
(d) Aaron Lawrence.
3. Bernie stops at a convenience store on the way to her mother’s house that is located where in Chapter 10?
(a) US 643 and Navajo Route 10.
(b) US 491 and Navajo Route 18.
(c) US 23 and Navajo Route 24.
(d) US 345 and Navajo Route 12.
4. How far will Bernie be driving to visit Joe Leaphorn (each way) at the hospital in Chapter 5?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
5. What is the name of the hospital that Bernie goes to in order to visit Leaphorn in Chapter 6?
(a) Los Alamos Hospital.
(b) St. Andrew's Hospital.
(c) Christus St. Vincent Hospital.
(d) Santa Fe Ancillary Care Center.
6. What is the name of the associate director at AIRC?
(a) Dr. John Collingsworth.
(b) Dr. Moxsley.
(c) Dr. Maxie Davis.
(d) Eleanor Friedman-Bernal.
7. Where does Bernie’s mother live in the novel?
(d) Santa Fe.
8. What number was Route 666 reassigned to in 2003?
(a) Route 667.
(b) Route 295.
(c) Route 491.
(d) Route 665.
9. What had Notah Tsosie been arrested for by Leaphorn, according to the information that Bernie finds in his files in Chapter 9?
(b) Car theft.
(d) Armed assault.
10. Who does Chee say found Leaphorn’s cat in Chapter 8?
(a) Officer Bigman.
(b) Charley Zah.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Randall Elliot.
11. Where does Louisa say she’s going for a conference in Chapter 5?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Houston, Texas.
(c) Dallas, Texas.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
12. Where did Officer Bernie drive from for the Monday meeting in Chapter 1?
(b) Santa Fe.
13. How many times before does the narrator say Bernie had been to Santa Fe in Chapter 6?
(b) Countless times.
14. Where does Louisa tell Chee and Bernie she’s calling from in Chapter 5?
(c) Santa Fe.
15. What is described on Bernie’s journey in Chapter 6 as “the little settlement west of Farmington”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernie cook for her mother when she visits in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Chee say they’ve helicoptered Leaphorn to a bigger hospital in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Officer Bernie say the suspect who shot Joe Leaphorn went after the shooting in Chapter 1?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Chee receives a call to come in early to the office because they’ve received what report?
5. What does Bernie not find in Louisa’s room in Chapter 2?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)