|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie wear to visit Joe Leaphorn at the hospital in Chapter 6?
(a) A ceremonial robe.
(b) A summer dress.
(c) Her police uniform.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
2. What does Bernie discover next to Chee’s cell phone on the floor of the museum in Chapter 20?
(a) A key ring.
(b) Spots of blood.
(c) A silver bracelet.
(d) His wedding ring.
3. Marjorie allows Bernie and Chee into the AIRC museum in order to view what artifact in Chapter 13?
(a) The Hosteen Klah rug.
(b) The Maria Martinez vase.
(c) The Redware Wedding Vase.
(d) The Dine saddle blanket.
4. The woman that Joe Leaphorn lives with holds what profession, according to Officer Bernie in Chapter 1?
(a) Math teacher.
(d) Bank teller.
5. What mountain does the narrator describe in Chapter 15 as resembling a reclining man in a feather headdress or a busty woman?
(a) Mount McKinley.
(b) Sleeping Ute Mountain.
(c) Mount McLaughlin.
(d) Mount Shasta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to be Bernie’s college alma mater in Chapter 3?
2. What is Leonard Nez’s nickname in the novel?
3. What pet does Bernie take from Leaphorn’s house in Chapter 4?
4. What name has the office manager at the Shiprock station found for the “AL” listing given to her by Bernie in Chapter 7?
5. Where did Officer Bernie drive from for the Monday meeting in Chapter 1?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)