|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who owns EFB Appraisals?
(a) Eleanor Friedman-Bernal.
(b) Louisa Bourbonette.
(c) Stella Darkwater.
(d) Dr. Maxie Davis.
2. Who is Bernie’s sister that is described in Chapter 2 as “on the road to becoming a lost young woman”?
3. Who is Jim Chee’s uncle that Bernie had last visited in the hospital, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
(a) Randall Elliot.
(b) Austin Lee.
(c) Hosteen Nakai.
(d) Rocko Delbert.
4. What is the name of the young man that Bernie’s sister has over to her mother’s house in Chapter 4?
(a) Rocko Delbert.
(b) Slim Jacobs.
(c) Charley Zah.
(d) Austin Lee.
5. Slim tells Bernie in Chapter 15 that he first hired Ellie when she saw her card on a bulletin board at a Laundromat in what town?
(b) Santa Fe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Chapter 6 refers to freedom from the endless cycle of personal reincarnations and suffering in Hinduism?
2. Who is the woman next to Ellie in the photograph that Slim shows Bernie in Chapter 15?
3. What agreement does Bernie tell her sister that they made in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Officer Bernie say the suspect who shot Joe Leaphorn went after the shooting in Chapter 1?
5. What hotel does Louisa say she’s staying at during the conference in Chapter 5?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)