|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bernie’s sister that is described in Chapter 2 as “on the road to becoming a lost young woman”?
2. At what elevation is Shiprock, New Mexico said to be at in Chapter 5?
(a) 9,000 feet.
(b) 6,000 feet.
(c) 7,000 feet.
(d) 4,000 feet.
3. Who does Chee say found Leaphorn’s cat in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Largo.
(b) Charley Zah.
(c) Randall Elliot.
(d) Officer Bigman.
4. Who in the novel is referred to as “Spider Woman’s daughter”?
(b) Mrs. Benally.
(c) Louisa Bourbonette.
(d) Dr. Maxie Davis.
5. The small town of Cuba is described in Chapter 14 as being known for what beloved New Mexican restaurant, according to the narrator in Chapter 14?
(a) La Quesa.
(c) The Navaho Inn.
(d) El Bruno’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Officer Bernie drive from for the Monday meeting in Chapter 1?
2. What initials are written down for a twelve-thirty meeting on the Friday before the shooting in Leaphorn’s journal in Chapter 9?
3. What word of Spanish origin refers to a large landed estate, particularly one used for ranching or farming?
4. What word in Chapter 6 refers to freedom from the endless cycle of personal reincarnations and suffering in Hinduism?
5. What mountain does the narrator describe in Chapter 15 as resembling a reclining man in a feather headdress or a busty woman?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)