|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 12 means having no usefulness aside from beauty, ornamentation, etc.?
2. Where does Darleen say she found her mother when she calls Chee back in Chapter 6?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At church.
(c) Mrs. Darkwater’s house.
(d) At the cemetery.
3. What is referred to in Chapter 13 as “the land between the sacred mountains” that Chee believes the sing ritual should be properly performed?
4. What hotel does Louisa say she’s staying at during the conference in Chapter 5?
(a) Best Western.
(b) Holiday Inn Express.
(c) La Quinta Inn.
(d) The Navajo Inn.
5. What had Notah Tsosie been arrested for by Leaphorn, according to the information that Bernie finds in his files in Chapter 9?
(b) Car theft.
(d) Armed assault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet does Bernie take from Leaphorn’s house in Chapter 4?
2. Where is the Foundation’s endowment to the AIRC planned to be shipped from in the narrative?
3. What word from Chapter 10 refers to the consideration of some subject, or to engage in contemplation about man’s destiny?
4. What is the name of the hospital that Bernie goes to in order to visit Leaphorn in Chapter 6?
5. Dr. Davis tells Bernie and Chee that the vase on her desk holds whose ashes in Chapter 13?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)