|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie cook for her mother when she visits in Chapter 4?
(a) Potato pancakes and apricot sauce.
(b) Cornbread and roast beef.
(c) Peanut butter sandwiches and macaroni and cheese.
(d) Scrambled eggs, toast, and applesauce.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 6, Chee receives a call to come in early to the office because they’ve received what report?
(a) The background report on Jackson Benally.
(b) The fingerprints report on the car.
(c) The criminal history report of Joe Leaphorn.
(d) The toxicology report of Joe Leaphorn.
3. Where did Officer Bernie drive from for the Monday meeting in Chapter 1?
(b) Santa Fe.
4. How tall is Officer Bernie said to be in Chapter 1?
5. What is said to be Bernie’s college alma mater in Chapter 3?
(a) University of New Mexico.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) University of Colorado.
(d) Rutgers University.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the office manager from the Shiprock station calls Bernie back in Chapter 7, the address that she’s found for the “AL” listing is a residence in what city?
2. How many times before does the narrator say Bernie had been to Santa Fe in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Darleen say she found her mother when she calls Chee back in Chapter 6?
4. Who was the suspect in the case from Leaphorn’s investigative files that involved insurance fraud on a rug from the Long Walk in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the receptionist at AIRC that shows Bernie through the museum in Chapter 7?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)