|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Keith Landry use a disguise?
2. Who does Cliff Baxter look for at the diner?
3. How does Cliff Baxter find Keith Landry's car?
4. What does Cliff Baxter tell Keith Landry when he visits him at the farm?
5. What else do Keith and Annie agree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Charlie Adair allow Keith Landry to refuse the job on the spot?
2. Describe Keith Landry's interaction with Gail Porter before Charlie Adair shows up.
3. What warning do Keith and Annie get from Annie's brother-in-law, and how do Keith and Annie respond to it?
4. What does Gail Porter tell Keith has happened since the meeting she organized?
5. What happens at the Porters' house?
6. What is the job Keith Landry is being recruited for, and who does he meet with?
7. Describe Keith Landry and Annie's meeting in Chapter 20.
8. How do Keith and Annie end up in a motel in Toledo?
9. How does Cliff Baxter react when he hears about the meeting?
10. How does Cliff Baxter come to find Keith and Annie in Toledo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book was written in 1995, when the internet was just becoming a fact of life among Americans. How would this book be different if it took place today?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of Spencerville--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Keith Landry urge Annie to remain married, and to work within the bond she had accepted, honoring the vows she once took? Put another way, what makes Annie's marriage to Cliff Baxter so contemptible that we wish, as readers, for it to end? Would there be a virtue to Annie remaining married?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)