|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else do Keith and Annie agree?
2. Where do we find Keith Landry after the night Cliff Baxter finds him and Annie?
3. What does Keith Landry ask Aunt Betty to do for him?
4. Where do Keith and Annie agree to meet?
5. What does Cliff Baxter make a list of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Keith Landry's response to Charlie Adair's and the President's offer?
2. What does Keith Landry find when he arrives in Spencerville?
3. What does Annie's note to Keith Landry say?
4. Describe Keith Landry's interaction with Gail Porter before Charlie Adair shows up.
5. What does Charlie Adair want Keith Landry to do?
6. Describe Keith Landry and Annie's meeting in Chapter 20.
7. What happens after the scene in the motel?
8. What happens when Cliff Baxter finds Keith and Annie?
9. Describe Annie's visit to Keith Landry's house.
10. What warning do Keith and Annie get from Annie's brother-in-law, and how do Keith and Annie respond to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How realistic is Spencerville? Where does it hold to realistic narrative? Where is it unrealistic? How would reality be different from what is portrayed in the novel? What does the novel gain in the moments when it steps away from realism?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the audience for Spencerville, and what are their expectations for a novel? Do you think Spencerville satisfies this audience? Would it satisfy readers who were used to other kinds of novels? What would a romance reader, or a literary fiction reader likely think of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Is Spencerville a Vietnam novel? What role does Vietnam play in the novel? How much is war part of Spencerville? Trace the war imagery and themes through the novel.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)