|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Annie wait for Keith Landry at her sister's house?
2. What else do Keith and Annie agree?
3. What does Cliff Baxter feel when he hears that Keith Landry interfered with his men at the meeting?
4. Where does Annie tell her sister they would be passing through on the way to Florida?
5. What does Schenley tell Keith Landry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Keith Landry do while he is waiting for the time of his rendezvous with Annie?
2. Describe Annie's visit to Keith Landry's house.
3. What does Gail Porter tell Keith has happened since the meeting she organized?
4. What does Annie's note to Keith Landry say?
5. What does Keith Landry find when he arrives in Spencerville?
6. What is Keith Landry's response to Charlie Adair's and the President's offer?
7. What happens when Cliff Baxter finds Keith and Annie?
8. How does Cliff Baxter come to find Keith and Annie in Toledo?
9. What is the job Keith Landry is being recruited for, and who does he meet with?
10. What does Keith Landry do after getting Annie's note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of women in Spencerville? Are they property to be possessed, and contested between men, or are they people with agency and freedom of their own?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Keith Landry urge Annie to remain married, and to work within the bond she had accepted, honoring the vows she once took? Put another way, what makes Annie's marriage to Cliff Baxter so contemptible that we wish, as readers, for it to end? Would there be a virtue to Annie remaining married?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)