|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cliff tell Annie in Chapter 19?
2. What does Charlie Adair agree to do for Annie?
3. What does Keith Landry ask Aunt Betty to do for him?
4. Where does Annie tell her sister they would be passing through on the way to Florida?
5. What does Cliff Baxter tell Keith Landry when he visits him at the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Keith Landry's return to Ohio.
2. What happens after the scene in the motel?
3. What is the job Keith Landry is being recruited for, and who does he meet with?
4. How does Cliff Baxter come to find Keith and Annie in Toledo?
5. Describe Annie's visit to Keith Landry's house.
6. What happens when Cliff Baxter finds Keith and Annie?
7. How does Cliff Baxter react when he hears about the meeting?
8. Why is Keith Landry wanted by the police?
9. Describe Keith Landry and Annie's meeting in Chapter 20.
10. What does Gail Porter tell Keith has happened since the meeting she organized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Spencerville a romance novel or an action novel? Describe how the novel balances or fails to balance the love theme and the rivalry between Keith Landry and Cliff Baxter.
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
How do you account for Cliff Baxter's brutal temperament? Is it a fact of nature, an aberration in human psychology, a product of circumstances, or is there some other cause for it? How does the author account for it?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)