|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Keith Landry determined to resolve things?
(a) With Charlie Adair's help.
(b) On his own.
(c) With the local district attorney.
(d) With Gail Porter's help.
2. What does Keith Landry tell Charlie Adair he needs before he attends a meeting?
(a) Top secret clearance.
(b) A return ticket to Ohio.
(d) Immunity from prosecution.
3. Why does Keith Landry have a difficult time returning home after the meeting Charlie Adair had arranged?
(a) His plane has mechanical difficulties.
(b) He hears that Cliff Baxter is looking for him.
(c) A hurricane grounded all flights.
(d) Annie tells him not to come home yet.
4. Why does Keith Landry do what Charlie Adair talks him into doing?
(a) He cannot make trouble for the woman he loves.
(b) He has to turn down the offer in person.
(c) He decides he can be a better police chief.
(d) He has always disliked Cliff Baxter.
5. Who is Schenley?
(a) A friend of Annie's.
(b) A local district attorney.
(c) One of Cliff Baxter's henchmen.
(d) A good cop on the Spencerville force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Landry ask the President?
2. What are Keith and Annie doing when Cliff Baxter bursts into their room?
3. What advice does Keith Landry get from a volunteer deputy?
4. What does Cliff Baxter feel when he hears that Keith Landry interfered with his men at the meeting?
5. What does Keith Landry find that he is wanted for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie Adair want Keith Landry to do?
2. What does Gail Porter tell Keith has happened since the meeting she organized?
3. What plan do Keith Landry and Annie make?
4. Describe Keith Landry's return to Ohio.
5. How does Cliff Baxter react when he hears about the meeting?
6. What does Keith Landry do after getting Annie's note?
7. What is Keith Landry's response to Charlie Adair's and the President's offer?
8. What information does Keith Landry get about Annie's whereabouts?
9. Describe Annie's visit to Keith Landry's house.
10. What does Annie's note to Keith Landry say?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)