|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie Adair talk Keith Landry into doing?
(a) Running for police chief in Spencerville.
(b) Leaving Annie for good.
(c) Flying to Washington D.C.
(d) Taking Cliff Baxter down.
2. What does Cliff Baxter make a list of?
(a) People whose taxes are overdue.
(b) People with tickets to be paid.
(c) People he will revenge himself on.
(d) People whose property he will foreclose on.
3. What does Keith Landry's visitor tell him?
(a) That he is wanted for testimony before a Congressional oversight committee on spying.
(b) That he has bills to pay.
(c) That he has been called back to work in Asia.
(d) That he has been nominated to a staff position in the President's staff.
4. What does Cliff Baxter do when he finds Keith and Annie?
(a) Sets the room on fire.
(b) Beats Keith about the face.
(c) Cuts Keith with a knife.
(d) Arrests them both.
5. How many copies of the transcript of the meeting have Gail and Jeffrey Porter sold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tips Cliff Baxter off to ask at the motel where Keith and Annie are staying?
2. Where does Keith Landry go after he leaves the place he went after the night Cliff Baxter found him and Annie?
3. Why does Keith Landry do what Charlie Adair talks him into doing?
4. How long did Annie wait for Keith Landry at her sister's house?
5. What does Keith Landry ask the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Keith Landry wanted by the police?
2. What happens when Cliff Baxter finds Keith and Annie?
3. Describe Annie's visit to Keith Landry's house.
4. What warning do Keith and Annie get from Annie's brother-in-law, and how do Keith and Annie respond to it?
5. How does Cliff Baxter react when he hears about the meeting?
6. Describe the fight between Annie and Cliff Baxter in Chapter 19.
7. What does Keith Landry do while he is waiting for the time of his rendezvous with Annie?
8. Why won't Charlie Adair allow Keith Landry to refuse the job on the spot?
9. Describe Keith Landry's return to Ohio.
10. What does Keith Landry find when he arrives in Spencerville?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)