|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie Baxter doing when we meet her?
(a) Working late at the factory.
(b) Giving birth.
(c) Watching her husband finish dinner.
(d) Finishing a legal case.
2. Who calls Keith Landry's house to give him a warning?
(a) Annie's aunt.
(b) A policeman.
(d) Cliff Baxter.
3. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when Annie Baxter fires her gun?
(a) Wets his pants.
(b) Runs out.
(d) Lunges for her.
4. What does Keith Landry find in his mailbox in Chapter 8?
(a) A letter from Annie Baxter.
(b) A bill for old tickets.
(c) An eviction notice.
(d) A threat from Cliff Baxter.
5. What do the people Keith Landry visits tell him about what he apologizes for?
(a) That they want revenge themselves.
(b) That they cannot forgive him.
(c) That they will help him find forgiveness himself.
(d) That they have heard stories of Cliff Baxter's abuse of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Keith Landry to return home?
2. Where does Keith Landry meet Annie Baxter?
3. What interrupts Cliff Baxter at the end of Chapter 4?
4. Why doesn't Keith Landry stop at the Baxter house?
5. What is the significance of the place Keith Landry goes after his visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Keith Landry's relationship with Billy Marlon?
2. What is Keith Landry invited to do at the dinner he has at the Porter household?
3. How does the narrator describe the Porters' way of life?
4. Descartes the meeting Gail Porter put together.
5. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when he hears that Keith Landry is back in town?
6. What happens when Annie confronts Cliff Baxter?
7. What was Keith Landry's relationship with Cliff Baxter in high school?
8. How does Annie Baxter conclude that her husband is having an affair?
9. Describe the farm Keith Landry returns to in Spencerville.
10. How does Cliff Baxter try to get information on Keith Landry?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)