|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Keith Landry's attitude toward the person who shows up at his door?
(a) He holds a grudge and yells at him.
(b) He lets bygones be bygones.
(c) He plays pranks on him.
(d) He beats him up.
2. What does Keith Landry drive around to look at in Chapter 5?
(a) The scenery.
(c) Landmarks that have changed.
(d) Old buildings.
3. What led to the split between Keith and Annie?
(a) Keith Landry's departure for Vietnam.
(b) Annie's need for more security.
(c) Annie's desire for children.
(d) Keith Landry's need for space.
4. What does Keith Landry find in his mailbox in Chapter 8?
(a) A letter from Annie Baxter.
(b) An eviction notice.
(c) A threat from Cliff Baxter.
(d) A bill for old tickets.
5. What are Keith Landry's feelings as he passes the Baxter home?
(a) He is filled with rage and sorrow.
(b) He feels nothing.
(c) He is filled with morbid curiosity about Annie Baxter.
(d) He wants to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the policemen doing at the meeting?
2. How did Keith Landry's relationships go, after he split with Annie?
3. How does Keith Landry spend his first week back in Spencerville?
4. What does the warning say?
5. What did Keith Landry do in his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does the pastor give Keith Landry?
2. What does Keith Landry do now that he is back in his old hometown?
3. What are Keith Landry's feelings as we meet him?
4. What is Keith Landry invited to do at the dinner he has at the Porter household?
5. What is Cliff Baxter's relationship with Sherry Kolarik?
6. What happens on the night of Keith Landry's meeting with Cliff Baxter?
7. How does Cliff Baxter's presence influence Keith Landry's relationship with his car?
8. Describe the reunion between Jeffrey Porter and Keith Landry.
9. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when he hears that Keith Landry is back in town?
10. How does Annie Baxter conclude that her husband is having an affair?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)