|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Keith Landry stop at the Baxter house?
(a) He finds himself unable.
(b) Cliff Baxter warns him away with a gun.
(c) He can't find it.
(d) His car breaks down.
2. What do Keith Landry and his visitor talk about?
(a) Annie Baxter.
(b) House prices.
(c) Cliff Baxter.
3. What does the warning say?
(a) Cliff Baxter threatens Annie.
(b) Policemen are on the way.
(c) Cliff Baxter threatens Keith Landry's life.
(d) Annie should leave.
4. What does Keith Landry find in his mailbox in Chapter 8?
(a) A bill for old tickets.
(b) A threat from Cliff Baxter.
(c) A letter from Annie Baxter.
(d) An eviction notice.
5. What do the people Keith Landry visits tell him about what he apologizes for?
(a) That they have heard stories of Cliff Baxter's abuse of power.
(b) That they will help him find forgiveness himself.
(c) That they want revenge themselves.
(d) That they cannot forgive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the cops threaten Keith Landry with?
2. Who does Keith Landry spend the holiday with?
3. What are Annie Baxter's thoughts about taking a lover?
4. What does Annie Baxter have in her pocket when we meet her?
5. What does the thing in Annie Baxter's pocket make her think?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie Baxter conclude that her husband is having an affair?
2. What are Keith Landry's feelings as we meet him?
3. Descartes the meeting Gail Porter put together.
4. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when he hears that Keith Landry is back in town?
5. What does Keith Landry find when he returns home from the meeting at the Lutheran Church?
6. How does Cliff Baxter's presence influence Keith Landry's relationship with his car?
7. What does Keith Landry do now that he is back in his old hometown?
8. Describe the conflict that is being brewed as Keith Landry spends more time in Spencerville--and how it seems likely to be settled.
9. Describe Annie's departure from Keith Landry's house.
10. Describe the reunion between Jeffrey Porter and Keith Landry.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)