|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie Adair agree to do for Annie?
(a) Get her diplomatic immunity.
(b) Get her away from Cliff Baxter.
(c) Get her a passport.
(d) Get her a fresh career.
2. Where do Keith Landry and Annie go together after Annie's surprise visit?
(a) Annie's sister's house.
(b) Keith Landry's house.
(c) The police station.
(d) Annie's house.
3. Who shows up at the Porter's house after Officer Ward?
(a) Charlie Adair.
(b) Gail Porter.
(c) Billy Marlon.
(d) Sherry Kolarik.
4. What does Cliff Baxter make a list of?
(a) People with tickets to be paid.
(b) People whose taxes are overdue.
(c) People he will revenge himself on.
(d) People whose property he will foreclose on.
5. What does Cliff Baxter tell Keith Landry when he visits him at the farm?
(a) He has six days to get out of town.
(b) He is under arrest.
(c) He has tickets to pay.
(d) He'll be killed if he sees Annie again.
6. Why did Annie leave her sister's house?
(a) Her husband called looking for her.
(b) She thought her husband might have hurt him.
(c) She thought Keith Landry got cold feet.
(d) She got cold feet.
7. What did Annie leave for Keith Landry?
(a) A letter.
(b) A key.
(c) A glove.
(d) A purse.
8. Where does Annie tell her sister they would be passing through on the way to Florida?
(b) North Carolina.
9. What are Keith and Annie doing when Cliff Baxter bursts into their room?
(b) Making plans.
(d) Making love.
10. What does Keith Landry find that he is wanted for?
11. What does Cliff Baxter feel when he hears that Keith Landry interfered with his men at the meeting?
(a) Afraid that Keith Landry will disturb his control over the town.
(b) Delighted for an excuse to go after him.
(d) Disturbed that he has already made an enemy of Keith Landry.
12. What does Cliff tell Annie in Chapter 19?
(a) That he threw Keith Landry out of town.
(b) That Keith Landry left town.
(c) That Keith Landry told him to tell her that he never wants to see her again.
(d) That he arrested Keith Landry.
13. How does Keith Landry treat his relation with Annie in his discussion with Charlie Adair?
(a) As a remote possibility.
(b) As a foregone conclusion.
(c) As a nice fantasy.
(d) As a present reality.
14. What advice does Keith Landry get from a volunteer deputy?
(a) Take guns.
(b) Switch cars.
(c) Be careful of Cliff Baxter's booby traps.
(d) Run far and fast.
15. What reason is listed for the all points bulletin (APB) on Keith and Annie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Keith Landry being considered for?
2. What does Cliff Baxter do when Annie tries to protect Keith Landry?
3. Where does Annie make a surprise visit to Keith Landry?
4. What does Keith Landry ask the President?
5. What prevents Keith and Annie from fleeing Ohio?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)