|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Keith Landry do what Charlie Adair talks him into doing?
(a) He decides he can be a better police chief.
(b) He cannot make trouble for the woman he loves.
(c) He has always disliked Cliff Baxter.
(d) He has to turn down the offer in person.
2. What does Keith Landry ask Aunt Betty to do for him?
(a) Watch the farm.
(b) Keep some things of his.
(c) Get a note to Annie.
(d) Distract Cliff Baxter.
3. What does Charlie Adair agree to do for Annie?
(a) Get her diplomatic immunity.
(b) Get her a fresh career.
(c) Get her away from Cliff Baxter.
(d) Get her a passport.
4. How does Keith Landry treat his relation with Annie in his discussion with Charlie Adair?
(a) As a remote possibility.
(b) As a foregone conclusion.
(c) As a present reality.
(d) As a nice fantasy.
5. Who does Cliff Baxter look for at the diner?
(a) Sherry Kolarik.
(c) His deputy.
(d) Keith Landry.
6. Where is Cliff Baxter while Keith Landry and Annie make their plans?
(b) At his parents' house.
(d) At a conference.
7. How long after the appointed time does Keith Landry arrive at the place where he was supposed to meet Annie?
(a) Two days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) A day.
8. How does Keith Landry ultimately get back home?
(a) He flies.
(b) He rents a plane and flies himself.
(c) He gets a private pilot to fly him.
(d) He drives.
9. What does Charlie Adair talk Keith Landry into doing?
(a) Leaving Annie for good.
(b) Taking Cliff Baxter down.
(c) Running for police chief in Spencerville.
(d) Flying to Washington D.C.
10. What does Keith Landry find at his home when he returns there?
(a) Cliff Baxter is waiting for him.
(b) Annie's personal things.
(c) It has been burned down.
(d) His Aunt Betty is looking for him.
11. What does Keith Landry do during the week after his meeting with Annie?
(a) Sell his house.
(b) Lay low.
(d) Scout around for jobs.
12. What are Keith and Annie doing when Cliff Baxter bursts into their room?
(a) Making plans.
(b) Making love.
13. What does Cliff Baxter tell Keith Landry when he visits him at the farm?
(a) He has tickets to pay.
(b) He'll be killed if he sees Annie again.
(c) He is under arrest.
(d) He has six days to get out of town.
14. What is Keith Landry afraid of in Chapter 22?
(a) Revealing his plans to the police.
(b) Being arrested.
(c) Being beaten by Cliff Baxter.
(d) Getting killed by Cliff Baxter.
15. Why does Keith Landry have a difficult time returning home after the meeting Charlie Adair had arranged?
(a) Annie tells him not to come home yet.
(b) A hurricane grounded all flights.
(c) He hears that Cliff Baxter is looking for him.
(d) His plane has mechanical difficulties.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of the transcript of the meeting have Gail and Jeffrey Porter sold?
2. What does Cliff Baxter do when Annie tries to protect Keith Landry?
3. How does Cliff Baxter's meeting with Keith Landry end?
4. What does Cliff tell Annie in Chapter 19?
5. Where does Keith Landry go after he leaves the place he went after the night Cliff Baxter found him and Annie?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)