|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Keith Landry afraid of in Chapter 22?
(a) Being beaten by Cliff Baxter.
(b) Being arrested.
(c) Getting killed by Cliff Baxter.
(d) Revealing his plans to the police.
2. What does Keith Landry ask the President?
(a) What he wants him for.
(b) How much he is going to be paid.
(c) Why he asked for him.
(d) What he is going to do about the troubles in Keith Landry's administrative record.
3. Where does Keith Landry see Annie after missing his rendezvous with her?
(a) The pond.
(b) Her house.
(d) His house.
4. What does Keith Landry do during the week after his meeting with Annie?
(b) Scout around for jobs.
(c) Sell his house.
(d) Lay low.
5. What does Keith Landry's visitor tell him?
(a) That he is wanted for testimony before a Congressional oversight committee on spying.
(b) That he has been nominated to a staff position in the President's staff.
(c) That he has been called back to work in Asia.
(d) That he has bills to pay.
6. What does Cliff Baxter threaten the gas station owners with?
(a) Shutting the place down.
(b) Taking the town accounts elsewhere.
(c) Setting the place on fire.
7. Who does Keith Landry ask to bring him food?
(b) Billy Marlon.
(c) Aunt Betty.
(d) The Porters.
8. What does Keith Landry ask Aunt Betty to do for him?
(a) Keep some things of his.
(b) Distract Cliff Baxter.
(c) Get a note to Annie.
(d) Watch the farm.
9. Where do we find Keith Landry after the night Cliff Baxter finds him and Annie?
(a) Annie's sister's house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Aunt Betty's house.
10. Where does Annie tell her sister they would be passing through on the way to Florida?
(d) North Carolina.
11. What does the President say in answer to Keith Landry's question?
(a) He offers Keith Landry some money as a signing bonus.
(b) He tells him exactly what he wants to know.
(c) He has an aide take care of Keith Landry's record.
(d) He answers generally.
12. Where do Keith Landry and Annie meet in Chapter 20?
(a) At the gas station.
(b) At Keith Landry's house.
(c) At the pond.
(d) In the woods.
13. Why does Keith Landry have a difficult time returning home after the meeting Charlie Adair had arranged?
(a) He hears that Cliff Baxter is looking for him.
(b) Annie tells him not to come home yet.
(c) His plane has mechanical difficulties.
(d) A hurricane grounded all flights.
14. How does Keith Landry answer Gail Porter's request?
(a) He gives her money.
(b) He lends her his car.
(c) He gives her his gun.
(d) He promises not to get in trouble with Cliff Baxter.
15. Where is Cliff Baxter while Keith Landry and Annie make their plans?
(a) At a conference.
(c) At his parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Keith Landry do what Charlie Adair talks him into doing?
2. What tips Cliff Baxter off to ask at the motel where Keith and Annie are staying?
3. What does Cliff tell Annie in Chapter 19?
4. Where does Keith Landry use a disguise?
5. Where do Keith and Annie agree to meet?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)