|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Keith Landry being considered for?
(a) Assistant to Security Advisor.
(b) Assistant to the President.
(c) Secretary of Defense.
(d) Undercover agent.
2. How does Keith Landry answer Gail Porter's request?
(a) He gives her money.
(b) He promises not to get in trouble with Cliff Baxter.
(c) He gives her his gun.
(d) He lends her his car.
3. What does Cliff Baxter threaten the gas station owners with?
(b) Shutting the place down.
(c) Setting the place on fire.
(d) Taking the town accounts elsewhere.
4. What prevents Keith and Annie from fleeing Ohio?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) Cliff Baxter finds them.
(c) They miss the last flight out.
(d) They have to get disguises because of the all points bulletin (APB).
5. What else do Keith and Annie agree?
(a) That Annie should record her conversations with her husband.
(b) That they should meet again as soon as possible.
(c) That Annie should hide from Cliff Baxter.
(d) That they should not see each other until they meet.
6. What does Cliff Baxter feel when he hears that Keith Landry interfered with his men at the meeting?
(a) Delighted for an excuse to go after him.
(c) Disturbed that he has already made an enemy of Keith Landry.
(d) Afraid that Keith Landry will disturb his control over the town.
7. Where does Keith Landry go after he leaves the place he went after the night Cliff Baxter found him and Annie?
(b) New York.
(c) Cliff Baxter's family retreat.
8. What does Cliff Baxter make a list of?
(a) People whose taxes are overdue.
(b) People he will revenge himself on.
(c) People whose property he will foreclose on.
(d) People with tickets to be paid.
9. Who does Cliff Baxter look for at the diner?
(a) His deputy.
(b) Keith Landry.
(c) Sherry Kolarik.
10. Where does Annie make a surprise visit to Keith Landry?
(a) The gas station.
(b) His house.
(c) The pond.
11. How does Keith Landry treat his relation with Annie in his discussion with Charlie Adair?
(a) As a present reality.
(b) As a remote possibility.
(c) As a nice fantasy.
(d) As a foregone conclusion.
12. What does Cliff Baxter threaten Keith Landry with?
13. Where does Keith Landry take Annie?
(a) To Cliff Baxter's fishing cabin.
(b) To the Toledo airport.
(c) Toward Chicago.
(d) To the Spencerville airport.
14. How does Keith Landry answer questions during his meeting with Charlie Adair and others?
15. Where do Keith Landry and Annie meet in Chapter 20?
(a) At the pond.
(b) At Keith Landry's house.
(c) In the woods.
(d) At the gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schenley tell Keith Landry?
2. Why does Keith Landry have a difficult time returning home after the meeting Charlie Adair had arranged?
3. What does Keith Landry tell Charlie Adair he needs before he attends a meeting?
4. What does Keith Landry find at the Baxter home when he goes there?
5. What does Cliff tell Annie in Chapter 19?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)