|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Keith Landry work for many years?
2. Who intervenes to break up the meeting peacefully?
(a) The pastor.
(b) Keith Landry.
(c) Cliff Baxter.
(d) Annie Baxter.
3. Where does Keith Landry have dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) His aunt's house.
(b) His own house.
(c) Annie Baxter's house.
(d) The Porter home.
4. What did Keith Landry do in his job?
(a) Monitored communications.
(c) Kept the peace.
(d) Repaired engines.
5. What do the people Keith Landry visits tell him about what he apologizes for?
(a) That they have heard stories of Cliff Baxter's abuse of power.
(b) That they want revenge themselves.
(c) That they will help him find forgiveness himself.
(d) That they cannot forgive him.
6. Who calls Keith Landry's house to give him a warning?
(a) Cliff Baxter.
(b) Annie's aunt.
(c) A policeman.
7. What does Annie Baxter believe her husband uses work as an excuse for?
8. What is the significance of the place Keith Landry goes after his visit?
(a) It was the last place he saw Annie before leaving for Vietnam.
(b) He played on the basketball team there.
(c) He used to hang out with friends there.
(d) He used to spend nights there with Annie.
9. What does Keith Landry drive around to look at in Chapter 5?
(a) Landmarks that have changed.
(b) The scenery.
(c) Old buildings.
10. What came in between Keith Landry and Jeffrey Porter?
(a) Jeffrey Porter's opposition to the war in Vietnam.
(b) Keith Landry's work at Jeffrey Porter's father's business.
11. What does Annie Baxter do when she can't get her husband on the phone?
(a) Waits for him with a loaded rifle. Goes looking for him.
(b) Goes to the bar with a loaded pistol.
(c) Goes to the police station to get help finding him.
(d) Visits his mistresses one by one, with a loaded rifle.
12. Who does Keith Landry visit in Chapter 14?
(a) Cliff Baxter.
(b) Annie Baxter.
(c) His neighbors.
(d) Billy Marlon.
13. What do Keith Landry and his friends drink at dinner in Chapter 11?
(c) Cheap wine.
14. Where does Cliff Baxter discover that Keith Landry is back in town?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The police station.
(c) The gas station.
(d) Keith Landry's house.
15. What interrupts Cliff Baxter at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The gun goes off unexpectedly.
(b) The phone rings.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) One of the policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Cliff Baxter show up for their meeting?
2. What is Annie Baxter's husband's job?
3. When did Keith Landry return to his hometown?
4. What did Keith Landry feel about splitting with Annie?
5. What are the policemen doing at the meeting?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)