|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Landry ask about at the gas station?
(b) Job prospects.
(c) Development plans.
2. What does Annie Baxter wonder as we meet her?
(a) Whether her husband knows how deep in debt he is.
(b) Whether her husband suspects that she knows about his infidelities.
(c) Whether her husband is going to live much longer.
(d) Whether her husband will ever quit drinking.
3. What does the warning say?
(a) Cliff Baxter threatens Annie.
(b) Cliff Baxter threatens Keith Landry's life.
(c) Annie should leave.
(d) Policemen are on the way.
4. What source does Cliff Baxter expect this person to have gotten information from?
(a) Annie Baxter.
(c) Keith Landry's family.
5. What came in between Keith Landry and Jeffrey Porter?
(b) Jeffrey Porter's opposition to the war in Vietnam.
(c) Keith Landry's work at Jeffrey Porter's father's business.
6. What is Keith Landry supposed to do, to play his part in the movement that's supposed to be gaining traction?
(a) Move out of town.
(b) Solicit contributions.
(c) Steal Annie from Cliff Baxter.
(d) Spy on Cliff Baxter.
7. What does Keith Landry do while he waits for Cliff Baxter to show up?
(d) Plays basketball.
8. What doe Keith Landry arrange at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A meeting with Gail Porter.
(b) A meeting with Cliff Baxter.
(c) A meeting with Billy Marlon.
(d) A meeting with Annie Baxter.
9. What does the thing in Annie Baxter's pocket make her think?
(a) That she might escape from Spencerville.
(b) That she might get five minutes of happiness.
(c) That she will have to confront her husband after all.
(d) That Keith Landry is dead.
10. How does Keith Landry feel about the things offered to him?
(d) Not ready.
11. What do Keith Landry and his visitor talk about?
(a) House prices.
(b) Annie Baxter.
(c) Cliff Baxter.
12. What does Cliff Baxter wonder about Keith Landry?
(a) Where he will live.
(b) What missions he performed as a spy.
(c) Whether he intends to resume his relationship with Annie Baxter.
(d) Where he will get a job.
13. What is Keith Landry's attitude toward the person who shows up at his door?
(a) He plays pranks on him.
(b) He holds a grudge and yells at him.
(c) He beats him up.
(d) He lets bygones be bygones.
14. What is Cliff Baxter determined to do as he thinks about Keith Landry?
(a) Chase him out of town.
(b) Make sure he doesn't get work in town.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Keep him from coming after Annie.
15. What has Billy Marlon become since the last time Keith Landry saw him?
(a) A cop.
(b) A politician.
(c) A wealthy man.
(d) A drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Keith Landry and his friends drink at dinner in Chapter 11?
2. Where does Keith Landry go after making his visit?
3. Why doesn't Cliff Baxter show up for their meeting?
4. What is Annie Baxter's husband's job?
5. What does Keith Landry apologize for during his visit?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)