|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Landry ask about at the gas station?
(a) Development plans.
(d) Job prospects.
2. What does Annie Baxter do when she can't get her husband on the phone?
(a) Goes to the police station to get help finding him.
(b) Waits for him with a loaded rifle. Goes looking for him.
(c) Goes to the bar with a loaded pistol.
(d) Visits his mistresses one by one, with a loaded rifle.
3. What was the correspondence between Keith and Annie like after their split?
4. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when Annie Baxter fires her gun?
(a) Wets his pants.
(b) Lunges for her.
(d) Runs out.
5. How does Keith Landry feel about the things offered to him?
(a) Not ready.
6. What does Keith Landry talk about with the dealer at Baxter Motors?
(a) House prices.
(b) Cliff Baxter.
(c) Annie Baxter.
(d) Changes in Spencerville.
7. What does Keith Landry find when he returns home from the parsonage?
(a) His house has been burned down.
(b) People are waiting for him.
(c) His house has been searched.
(d) His house has burned down.
8. Who shows up at Keith Landry's door a few days after the holiday?
(a) Cliff Baxter.
(b) Keith Landry's aunt.
(c) A college friend.
(d) Annie Baxter.
9. Why doesn't Keith Landry stop at the Baxter house?
(a) Cliff Baxter warns him away with a gun.
(b) His car breaks down.
(c) He finds himself unable.
(d) He can't find it.
10. What do Keith Landry and his visitor do together?
(a) Walk into town.
(b) Go to a ball game.
(c) Go out for a drive.
(d) Get drunk.
11. Where does the food come from that Keith Landry eats for dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) The Porters' garden.
(b) The local market.
(c) Landry's own farm.
(d) South Asia.
12. What are Keith Landry's feelings as he passes the Baxter home?
(a) He is filled with rage and sorrow.
(b) He is filled with morbid curiosity about Annie Baxter.
(c) He feels nothing.
(d) He wants to stop.
13. Where does Keith Landry have dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) The Porter home.
(b) Annie Baxter's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) His aunt's house.
14. Where do Keith Landry go in Chapter 10?
(a) To Annie Baxter's house.
(b) To the police station.
(c) To Toledo.
(d) To town.
15. What is Keith Landry feeling when he returns?
(a) Sadness over his age.
(b) Remorse for lost opportunities.
(c) Anger over his retirement.
(d) Peacefulness with his homecoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political goal is the town councilwoman starting?
2. What does Annie promise Keith Landry?
3. What caused Keith Landry to return home?
4. Who is Billy Marlon?
5. What is the primary influence on Keith Landry's feelings as he returns home?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)