|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Landry experience at the holiday gathering?
(a) Invitations to business deals.
(b) Matchmaking attempts.
(c) Job offers.
2. What does Cliff Baxter force Sherry Kolarik to do?
(a) Pay her parking tickets.
(b) Perform a sexual act.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Give him information about Keith Landry.
3. What do the people Keith Landry visits tell him about what he apologizes for?
(a) That they cannot forgive him.
(b) That they will help him find forgiveness himself.
(c) That they want revenge themselves.
(d) That they have heard stories of Cliff Baxter's abuse of power.
4. How does Keith Landry feel about the things offered to him?
(a) Not ready.
5. What made this a good place for Keith Landry to return to?
(a) His sister-in-law had a job for him.
(b) His parents were traveling and their apartment was empty.
(c) His family had deserted it five years earlier.
(d) His brother had space for him to stay for cheap.
6. What does Keith Landry find in his mailbox in Chapter 8?
(a) An eviction notice.
(b) A bill for old tickets.
(c) A threat from Cliff Baxter.
(d) A letter from Annie Baxter.
7. What does Keith Landry talk about with the dealer at Baxter Motors?
(a) Annie Baxter.
(b) Cliff Baxter.
(c) House prices.
(d) Changes in Spencerville.
8. What do the cops threaten Keith Landry with?
(b) A beating.
9. What interrupts Cliff Baxter at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) One of the policemen.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) The gun goes off unexpectedly.
10. What does Cliff Baxter wonder about Keith Landry?
(a) Whether he intends to resume his relationship with Annie Baxter.
(b) Where he will live.
(c) Where he will get a job.
(d) What missions he performed as a spy.
11. Who is Billy Marlon?
(a) An old boyfriend of Annie's.
(b) An old schoolmate of Keith Landry's.
(c) A soldier from Keith Landry's platoon in Vietnam.
(d) A friend of Cliff Baxter's.
12. Where does the food come from that Keith Landry eats for dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) Landry's own farm.
(b) South Asia.
(c) The local market.
(d) The Porters' garden.
13. How did Keith Landry's relationships go, after he split with Annie?
(a) He only dated women who reminded him of Annie.
(b) He stayed away from women.
(c) He married several times.
(d) He never committed to another woman.
14. What was Keith Landry's profession?
(d) Police chief.
15. What came in between Keith Landry and Jeffrey Porter?
(b) Jeffrey Porter's opposition to the war in Vietnam.
(d) Keith Landry's work at Jeffrey Porter's father's business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Keith Landry ask about at the gas station?
2. What does Keith Landry drive around to look at in Chapter 5?
3. What political goal is the town councilwoman starting?
4. What is Cliff Baxter determined to do as he thinks about Keith Landry?
5. From whom does Cliff Baxter ask for information about Keith Landry?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)