|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Keith Landry return to his hometown?
(a) After Desert Storm.
(b) After the Cold War.
(c) After the Vietnam War.
(d) After World War II.
2. What is Keith Landry thinking about as he drives around?
(a) What Cliff Baxter thinks about him being back.
(b) Where he will live.
(c) Where he will get a job.
(d) When he will have to confront Cliff Baxter.
3. Who does Keith Landry spend the holiday with?
(a) Uncle Joe.
(b) His brother.
(c) Aunt Betty.
(d) Annie Baxter.
4. Where did Keith Landry work for many years?
5. What interrupts Cliff Baxter at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The phone rings.
(b) One of the policemen.
(c) The gun goes off unexpectedly.
(d) A traveling salesman.
6. How does Keith Landry try to prevent his wife taking a lover?
(a) He keeps her busy with chores.
(b) His men watch the house.
(c) He shows her extra devotion.
(d) He threatens her life.
7. What is Cliff Baxter determined to do as he thinks about Keith Landry?
(a) Chase him out of town.
(b) Keep him from coming after Annie.
(c) Make sure he doesn't get work in town.
(d) Kill him.
8. What is Cliff Baxter's reaction when Annie Baxter fires her gun?
(a) Runs out.
(c) Lunges for her.
(d) Wets his pants.
9. What source does Cliff Baxter expect this person to have gotten information from?
(a) Keith Landry's family.
(c) Annie Baxter.
10. What is the significance of the place Keith Landry goes after his visit?
(a) He played on the basketball team there.
(b) It was the last place he saw Annie before leaving for Vietnam.
(c) He used to spend nights there with Annie.
(d) He used to hang out with friends there.
11. Where does Keith Landry have dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) His own house.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) The Porter home.
(d) Annie Baxter's house.
12. What does the parson tell Keith Landry when they meet after the meeting?
(a) Wait until Annie Baxter is divorced before seeing her.
(b) Confront Cliff Baxter as soon as possible.
(c) Collect information on Cliff Baxter from Annie Baxter.
(d) Help Annie Baxter divorce Cliff Baxter.
13. Who invites Keith Landry to a meeting while he is trying to write a letter to Annie?
(b) Gail Porter.
(c) Cliff Baxter.
(d) Billy Marlon.
14. What did Keith Landry feel about splitting with Annie?
15. How did Keith Landry's relationships go, after he split with Annie?
(a) He stayed away from women.
(b) He never committed to another woman.
(c) He only dated women who reminded him of Annie.
(d) He married several times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the food come from that Keith Landry eats for dinner in Chapter 11?
2. Who drives by when Annie Baxter goes out to feed the dogs?
3. What does Annie Baxter do when she can't get her husband on the phone?
4. What is Annie afraid of when she sees Keith Landry?
5. What is Keith Landry's attitude toward the person who shows up at his door?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)