|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Keith Landry find in his mailbox in Chapter 8?
(a) A threat from Cliff Baxter.
(b) An eviction notice.
(c) A letter from Annie Baxter.
(d) A bill for old tickets.
2. What does Keith Landry feel in Chapter 3, as he walks through the farmhouse?
(a) Remorse for leaving.
(b) Sorrow over his parents' deaths.
(c) Longing for his first wife.
(d) Nostalgia for his uncle.
3. Whose graves does Keith Landry visit at the cemetery?
(b) Old girlfriends'.
(c) Old friends'.
4. What are Keith Landry's feelings as he passes the Baxter home?
(a) He feels nothing.
(b) He is filled with rage and sorrow.
(c) He wants to stop.
(d) He is filled with morbid curiosity about Annie Baxter.
5. What does the thing in Annie Baxter's pocket make her think?
(a) That she might escape from Spencerville.
(b) That she might get five minutes of happiness.
(c) That she will have to confront her husband after all.
(d) That Keith Landry is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie Baxter do when she can't get her husband on the phone?
2. What does Annie Baxter wonder as we meet her?
3. Why doesn't Keith Landry stop at the Baxter house?
4. What does Keith Landry drive around to look at in Chapter 5?
5. What interrupts Cliff Baxter at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)