|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Keith Landry spend his first week back in Spencerville?
(a) Working around the farm.
(b) Looking for houses.
(c) Looking for a job.
(d) Writing to Annie.
2. What is Annie Baxter's husband's job?
(d) Police chief.
3. What made this a good place for Keith Landry to return to?
(a) His parents were traveling and their apartment was empty.
(b) His family had deserted it five years earlier.
(c) His sister-in-law had a job for him.
(d) His brother had space for him to stay for cheap.
4. What political goal is the town councilwoman starting?
(a) To crack down on local drug dealers.
(b) To get Cliff Baxter elected Governor.
(c) To remove Cliff Baxter from office.
(d) To punish Cliff Baxter for corruption.
5. Why doesn't Cliff Baxter show up for their meeting?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He wanted to raise Keith Landry's anticipation.
(c) He had a dinner to attend.
(d) He knew he would be angry at Keith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intervenes to break up the meeting peacefully?
2. What does the thing in Annie Baxter's pocket make her think?
3. What came in between Keith Landry and Jeffrey Porter?
4. What does Keith Landry feel in Chapter 3, as he walks through the farmhouse?
5. What does Annie Baxter wonder as we meet her?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)