|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
2. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
5. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Fox and Gould.
1) What is their history?
2) What is their working relationship versus their personal relationship?
3) Do they need each other. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is mentioned several times within Speed-the-plow. Analyze the idea of fear based on its presence in the play.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)