|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
2. Gould likes to believe people are what?
3. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
4. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
5. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters experience several driving motivations that guide them through the story. Choose one of three characters in the play and examine the motivation that drives him or her.
1) What drives the character?
2) How does their motivation affect others?
3) What is the result of that drive?
Essay Topic 2
Power is an important theme that drives Speed-the-plow. Write an essay on the following and how they relate to power in the text.
1) In Act 1, what is the power structure between the characters?
2) At what point in the play does the power structure shift?
3) Does the power structure ever return to what it was in Act 1? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)