|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing the book, what word does Karen use that Gould finds unusual?
2. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
3. Where does Act 2 take place?
4. What is Karen encouraging Gould to strive for in Act Two?
5. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the presence of religion in the script.
1) Who discusses religion?
2) In what way is it discussed?
3) What are the relationships various characters share with God?
Essay Topic 2
The characters experience several driving motivations that guide them through the story. Choose one of three characters in the play and examine the motivation that drives him or her.
1) What drives the character?
2) How does their motivation affect others?
3) What is the result of that drive?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is mentioned several times within Speed-the-plow. Analyze the idea of fear based on its presence in the play.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)