|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
2. What is the name of the book found in Act 2?
3. At Gould's house, what is his response to Karen's analysis of "Radiation..."?
4. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
5. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the evolution of the relationship between Gould and Karen.
1) Where did they start in their relationship?
2) What surprising turn did their relationship take?
3) What was the outcome of their relationship?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)