|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
2. What does Karen reveal about the prison script?
3. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
4. Karen believes that people are what?
5. In Act 2, how does Gould rate the book's chance to get made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the presence of religion in the script.
1) Who discusses religion?
2) In what way is it discussed?
3) What are the relationships various characters share with God?
Essay Topic 2
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)