|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
2. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
3. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
4. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
5. How much does Gould estimate the book will cost to make?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
Essay Topic 2
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
Essay Topic 3
The author, David Mamet, is known for creating sharp, snappy dialogue that helps define a character. Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the idea that the dialogue is as powerful in a character description as the character description that is written in the text.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)