|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
2. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. What does Karen say she and Gould have in common?
5. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
Essay Topic 2
Power is an important theme that drives Speed-the-plow. Write an essay on the following and how they relate to power in the text.
1) In Act 1, what is the power structure between the characters?
2) At what point in the play does the power structure shift?
3) Does the power structure ever return to what it was in Act 1? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role do women play in Speed-the-plow?
1) What is the significance of Karen, the only woman in the play?
2) How are women treated?
3) How are women discussed?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)