|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen claim was no accident?
2. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
5. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the relationship between Gould and Karen.
1) Where did they start in their relationship?
2) What surprising turn did their relationship take?
3) What was the outcome of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
Essay Topic 3
The author, David Mamet, is known for creating sharp, snappy dialogue that helps define a character. Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the idea that the dialogue is as powerful in a character description as the character description that is written in the text.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)