|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
2. Gould's complaint to Karen about his promotion is what?
3. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
5. Karen claims people do not want to see what in films?
Essay Topic 1
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the evolution of the relationship between Gould and Karen.
1) Where did they start in their relationship?
2) What surprising turn did their relationship take?
3) What was the outcome of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The author, David Mamet, is known for creating sharp, snappy dialogue that helps define a character. Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the idea that the dialogue is as powerful in a character description as the character description that is written in the text.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)