|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
2. What is the name of the book found in Act 2?
3. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
4. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
5. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
Essay Topic 2
The author, David Mamet, is known for creating sharp, snappy dialogue that helps define a character. Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the idea that the dialogue is as powerful in a character description as the character description that is written in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)