|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
2. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. Karen believes that people are what?
5. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the types of films Gould mentions from his past and how they compare to the following potential material:
1) "Radiation . . ."
Essay Topic 3
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)