|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
2. In Act 2, what does Gould explain to Karen, regarding the book they are discussing?
3. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
5. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the relationship between Fox and Gould.
1) What is their history?
2) What is their working relationship versus their personal relationship?
3) Do they need each other. Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)