|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
2. What does Karen think is happening to the world?
3. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
4. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
5. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is mentioned several times within Speed-the-plow. Analyze the idea of fear based on its presence in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Power is an important theme that drives Speed-the-plow. Write an essay on the following and how they relate to power in the text.
1) In Act 1, what is the power structure between the characters?
2) At what point in the play does the power structure shift?
3) Does the power structure ever return to what it was in Act 1? Why or why not?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)