|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
2. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
3. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
4. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
5. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do women play in Speed-the-plow?
1) What is the significance of Karen, the only woman in the play?
2) How are women treated?
3) How are women discussed?
Essay Topic 2
Power is an important theme that drives Speed-the-plow. Write an essay on the following and how they relate to power in the text.
1) In Act 1, what is the power structure between the characters?
2) At what point in the play does the power structure shift?
3) Does the power structure ever return to what it was in Act 1? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters. Create an analysis of why they live and work in Hollywood based on the text:
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)