|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
2. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
3. What does Karen claim was no accident?
4. Karen claims people do not want to see what in films?
5. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the types of films Gould mentions from his past and how they compare to the following potential material:
1) "Radiation . . ."
Essay Topic 3
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)