Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen claim was no accident?
2. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
5. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
Essay Topic 1
Power is an important theme that drives Speed-the-plow. Write an essay on the following and how they relate to power in the text.
1) In Act 1, what is the power structure between the characters?
2) At what point in the play does the power structure shift?
3) Does the power structure ever return to what it was in Act 1? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)