Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen claim was no accident?
2. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
5. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
Essay Topic 3
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)