|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gould balks at making the book, how does he classify the story?
2. What does Karen say she and Gould have in common?
3. What is Karen's response at the idea of Gould wanting to sleep with her?
4. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
5. What does Karen reveal about the prison script?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the types of films Gould mentions from his past and how they compare to the following potential material:
1) "Radiation . . ."
Essay Topic 2
Conscience and morality is mentioned frequently throughout Speed-the-plow. Analyze conscience and morality based on one of the following:
1) The bet placed on Karen.
2) Guilt associated with success.
3) Professional responsibility.
Essay Topic 3
What role do women play in Speed-the-plow?
1) What is the significance of Karen, the only woman in the play?
2) How are women treated?
3) How are women discussed?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)