|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen think is happening to the world?
2. When Gould balks at making the book, how does he classify the story?
3. Gould's complaint to Karen about his promotion is what?
4. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
5. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do women play in Speed-the-plow?
1) What is the significance of Karen, the only woman in the play?
2) How are women treated?
3) How are women discussed?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Fox and Gould.
1) What is their history?
2) What is their working relationship versus their personal relationship?
3) Do they need each other. Why or why not?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)