|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
2. What does Karen want to do if she accept a job offer from Gould?
3. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
4. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
5. In Act 2, how does Gould rate the book's chance to get made?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
Essay Topic 2
Based on Gould's point of view, describe the entertainment industry and how it works.
Essay Topic 3
The author, David Mamet, is known for creating sharp, snappy dialogue that helps define a character. Citing examples from the text, create an argument for or against the idea that the dialogue is as powerful in a character description as the character description that is written in the text.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)