Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fox compares the movie business to what?
2. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
3. What is coverage in the film business?
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
5. What does Karen say about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karen excuse Gould's tendency to lie?
2. What is it that Gould objects about making "Radiation..." into a film?
3. Why does Karen believe the subject of "Radiation . . ." is timely? What is it and why?
4. How do Gould and Fox talk about their relationships with others in Hollywood?
5. According to Fox, Karen used Gould for what purpose?
6. Although Gould has pretended to champion "Radiation . . ." in an attempt to get Karen to bed, he is eventually forced to admit what?
7. Much of what comes out of Gould's mouth is insincere. What is his reaction when Karen reminds him of statements he's made in the past?
8. Gould toys with the idea of replacing his regular secretary with Karen, the temp. Why is this significant?
9. Explain why, from Gould's point of view, films get made in Hollywood.
10. Explain Gould's position at the film company.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the evolution of the relationship between Gould and Karen.
1) Where did they start in their relationship?
2) What surprising turn did their relationship take?
3) What was the outcome of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
The idea of loyalty is a driving force in Speed-the-plow. Consider the execution of loyalty between Gould and Fox analyzing how their loyalty and betrayal affect:
1. Their career.
2. Their friendship.
Essay Topic 3
What role do Gould and Fox play in the vast machine that is Hollywood?
1) Analyze the entertainment industry.
2) Discuss the career path of Fox.
3) Discuss the career path of Gould.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)