|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
2. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
3. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
4. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
5. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the light of day, how do the philosophies expressed by Karen the night before sound to Gould?
2. Explain Karen's feelings about her interactions with Gould.
3. How does Gould use his power to his advantage in Act Two?
4. What is Fox's opinion of proposed films such as "Radiation . . ." and "The Bridge"?
5. How does Karen feel people should react towards fear?
6. Explain what a "courtesy read" is and why they are done.
7. Why does Karen feel the prison film is "degrading to the human spirit?"
8. Explain why, from Gould's point of view, films get made in Hollywood.
9. In Act Two, Karen tells Gould about a time when she felt empowered. What was this experience like for her?
10. When Gould offers Karen a job at the studio, what is her response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on Gould's point of view, describe the entertainment industry and how it works.
Essay Topic 2
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
Essay Topic 3
The idea of loyalty is a driving force in Speed-the-plow. Consider the execution of loyalty between Gould and Fox analyzing how their loyalty and betrayal affect:
1. Their career.
2. Their friendship.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)