|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
2. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
3. What does the movie star want from Fox?
4. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
5. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Early in Act One, Gould says, "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers." What does this mean and how is it applicable to Gould?
2. How does Karen excuse Gould's tendency to lie?
3. Other than money, why is Fox excited about the prospect of success?
4. In Act 2, Gould speaks of a connection shared between him and Karen but is being insincere. Why?
5. Although Karen had claimed her motives in making films to be purer than the men, what makes Fox and Gould's motives pure as well?
6. By Act 3, does Fox feel Karen is just a dumb secretary? Why or why not?
7. What additional motivation, other than personal ambition, does Fox have to stop Gould from betraying him?
8. How does Gould first reveal to Karen that "Radiation . . ." will not be produced?
9. At what point in Act 3 does Fox realize Gould is serious about not making the prison film?
10. What is it that Gould objects about making "Radiation..." into a film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Originally, Gould brings Karen back to his home to win a bet. Discuss whether or not his objectives changed, and why, upon getting her to his home.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the hypocrisy Gould demonstrates in his role as Head of Production.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)