|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
2. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
3. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
4. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
5. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Gould has pretended to champion "Radiation . . ." in an attempt to get Karen to bed, he is eventually forced to admit what?
2. According to Gould and Fox, when is it possible to make things happen in Hollywood?
3. How does Fox put his foot in his mouth when explaining to Gould that Karen would never go for Gould romantically?
4. How does Karen excuse Gould's tendency to lie?
5. How does Fox feel about the division of power between men and women in the workforce?
6. How does Karen feel people should react towards fear?
7. Why does Gould want to present Fox's film idea to Ross in person, with Fox?
8. How does Gould first reveal to Karen that "Radiation . . ." will not be produced?
9. Explain why, from Gould's point of view, films get made in Hollywood.
10. What issue does Gould seem to be debating within himself at the beginning of Act One?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is mentioned several times within Speed-the-plow. Analyze the idea of fear based on its presence in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the types of films Gould mentions from his past and how they compare to the following potential material:
1) "Radiation . . ."
Essay Topic 3
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)