|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
2. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
3. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
4. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
5. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Much of what comes out of Gould's mouth is insincere. What is his reaction when Karen reminds him of statements he's made in the past?
2. Gould toys with the idea of replacing his regular secretary with Karen, the temp. Why is this significant?
3. Why does the final scene between Gould and Fox become violent?
4. According to Gould and Fox, when is it possible to make things happen in Hollywood?
5. How does Fox feel about the division of power between men and women in the workforce?
6. Explain Gould's position at the film company.
7. What does Fox say worried him all night before his meeting with Ross, and why is it ironic?
8. When Karen speaks passionately about "Radiation . . ." how does Gould react?
9. Gould points out to Karen that a film that nobody sees won't make a difference anyway. What does he mean by this?
10. Why does Karen feel the prison film is "degrading to the human spirit?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on Gould's point of view, describe the entertainment industry and how it works.
Essay Topic 2
Karen appears to be different from Gould and, therefore, most people in the entertainment industry.
1) Why is Karen different?
2) How do people in the entertainment industry react to her?
3) Who does Karen represent?
Essay Topic 3
What role do Gould and Fox play in the vast machine that is Hollywood?
1) Analyze the entertainment industry.
2) Discuss the career path of Fox.
3) Discuss the career path of Gould.
This section contains 1,422 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)