Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fox compares the movie business to what?
2. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
3. What is coverage in the film business?
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
5. What does Karen say about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Karen excuse Gould's tendency to lie?
2. What is it that Gould objects about making "Radiation..." into a film?
3. Why does Karen believe the subject of "Radiation . . ." is timely? What is it and why?
4. How do Gould and Fox talk about their relationships with others in Hollywood?
5. According to Fox, Karen used Gould for what purpose?
6. Although Gould has pretended to champion "Radiation . . ." in an attempt to get Karen to bed, he is eventually forced to admit what?
7. Much of what comes out of Gould's mouth is insincere. What is his reaction when Karen reminds him of statements he's made in the past?
8. Gould toys with the idea of replacing his regular secretary with Karen, the temp. Why is this significant?
9. Explain why, from Gould's point of view, films get made in Hollywood.
10. Explain Gould's position at the film company.
What role do women play in Speed-the-plow?
1) What is the significance of Karen, the only woman in the play?
2) How are women treated?
3) How are women discussed?
Analyze one of the following dichotomies found in Act One.
1) Art versus commerce.
2) "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers".
3) Gould feels used when someone presents him a project he has the power to greenlight.
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)