|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Gould and Fox discuss potential money from the prison film, Gould claims money is what?
2. What does promote mean in the film business?
3. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
4. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
5. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gould use his power to his advantage in Act Two?
2. How does Fox feel about the division of power between men and women in the workforce?
3. What is the relationship between Fox and Gould?
4. In Act 1, Gould made a crass bet about Karen. Why is he confused about Fox's reference to the bet in Act 3?
5. What are the terms of the bet made on the secretary, Karen?
6. When Gould claims that Fox is spending too much time kissing up to him instead of doing his job, what is Fox's response?
7. Explain the irony of the secretary who does not know how to complete the simplest tasks. What does this represent?
8. What is significant about Fox's desire for a drink in Act 3?
9. Early in Act One, Gould says, "When the gods would make us mad they answer our prayers." What does this mean and how is it applicable to Gould?
10. Gould points out to Karen that a film that nobody sees won't make a difference anyway. What does he mean by this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters. Create an analysis of why they live and work in Hollywood based on the text:
Essay Topic 3
Describe the evolution of the relationship between Gould and Karen.
1) Where did they start in their relationship?
2) What surprising turn did their relationship take?
3) What was the outcome of their relationship?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)