|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
2. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
3. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
4. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
5. What does the movie star want from Fox?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karen believe the subject of "Radiation . . ." is timely? What is it and why?
2. What is Fox's opinion of proposed films such as "Radiation . . ." and "The Bridge"?
3. What are the terms of the bet made on the secretary, Karen?
4. According to Gould and Fox, when is it possible to make things happen in Hollywood?
5. By Act 3, does Fox feel Karen is just a dumb secretary? Why or why not?
6. In the light of day, how do the philosophies expressed by Karen the night before sound to Gould?
7. After twenty years in Hollywood, Gould claims to have learned what?
8. What is significant about Fox's desire for a drink in Act 3?
9. Explain Karen's feelings about her interactions with Gould.
10. How does Gould first reveal to Karen that "Radiation . . ." will not be produced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship Gould has with the films that he produces.
1) What type of film does Gould produce?
2) What type of film does Gould claim he wants to produce?
3) How does Gould feel about the work he produces?
Essay Topic 2
What role do Gould and Fox play in the vast machine that is Hollywood?
1) Analyze the entertainment industry.
2) Discuss the career path of Fox.
3) Discuss the career path of Gould.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the presence of religion in the script.
1) Who discusses religion?
2) In what way is it discussed?
3) What are the relationships various characters share with God?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)