|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen claim Gould lied to her?
2. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
(a) He claims he was joking.
(b) He asks if it had worked.
(c) He admits it was sincere.
(d) He admits it hasn't happened yet.
3. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Fighting with Gould.
(b) Lecturing Gould.
(c) Reading to Gould.
4. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
(a) Knowing the world would end.
(b) Botched eye surgery.
(d) Radiation from a microwave.
5. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
(a) To hire her as a maid.
(b) To win the bet with Fox.
(c) To get her to shop for his clothes.
(d) To influence her book club selections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
2. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
3. Karen believes that people are what?
4. In Act 2, what does Gould explain to Karen, regarding the book they are discussing?
5. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)