|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) A new love affair.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A young girl.
(d) The four seasons.
2. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
(a) The Ivy.
(b) Musso and Frank's.
(c) The Coventry.
(d) Real Food Daily.
3. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) A bump.
(b) An office.
(c) A job.
(d) A trailer.
4. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
(a) Watching an audition.
(b) Begging a woman to stay.
(d) Watching a film.
5. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
2. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
3. What does the movie star want from Fox?
4. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
5. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the feelings Fox experiences when he realizes Gould is going to break their deal?
2. What comment about prayer did Gould make as a joke that Karen took seriously?
3. Why does Karen feel that the real reason is for Gould turning down the film "Radiation . . ."?
4. When Fox describes himself as a cog, what does he mean?
5. When Gould claims that Fox is spending too much time kissing up to him instead of doing his job, what is Fox's response?
6. Explain what Karen believes she saw in Gould.
7. By Act 3, does Fox feel Karen is just a dumb secretary? Why or why not?
8. Although Karen had claimed her motives in making films to be purer than the men, what makes Fox and Gould's motives pure as well?
9. How does Karen excuse Gould's tendency to lie?
10. What is significant about Fox's desire for a drink in Act 3?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)