|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould claims movie making is a what?
(a) Boring Business.
(b) Divine Culture of Inspiration.
(c) People Business.
(d) Vulgar Business.
2. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
(b) Whether she comes from money.
(c) Whether she will hate the script.
(d) Whether she wants to be an actress.
3. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) His wife is leaving him.
(c) He is ill.
(d) His promotion.
4. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) John White.
(b) Clarence Black.
(c) Doug Brown.
(d) Billy Brown.
5. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
2. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
3. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
4. What does Gould call himself due to his job?
5. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of the bet made on the secretary, Karen?
2. When Fox describes himself as a cog, what does he mean?
3. How does Gould first reveal to Karen that "Radiation . . ." will not be produced?
4. When Karen speaks passionately about "Radiation . . ." how does Gould react?
5. How does Fox put his foot in his mouth when explaining to Gould that Karen would never go for Gould romantically?
6. Why does Karen feel the prison film is "degrading to the human spirit?"
7. What are Fox's plans for the future, after the Prison film is produced?
8. What comment about prayer did Gould make as a joke that Karen took seriously?
9. Explain what a "courtesy read" is and why they are done.
10. In Act 3, Fox reveals his relationship with Gould to have been what?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)