|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Administrative Assistant.
(c) Temporary Secretary.
(d) Assistant to the Studio Head.
2. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Pass duties to someone else.
(b) Kiss a leading lady.
(c) Get someone to make a movie.
(d) Give someone a raise.
3. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Show them the door.
(b) Cause famine and war.
(c) Deny their wishes.
(d) Answer their prayers.
4. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) A decent budget.
(b) Good actors.
(c) Explosions and profanity.
(d) Art and entertainment.
5. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) Clarence Black.
(b) John White.
(c) Doug Brown.
(d) Billy Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
2. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
3. What is the opening scene of the play set?
4. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
5. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gould toys with the idea of replacing his regular secretary with Karen, the temp. Why is this significant?
2. Why does the final scene between Gould and Fox become violent?
3. Much of what comes out of Gould's mouth is insincere. What is his reaction when Karen reminds him of statements he's made in the past?
4. At what point in Act 3 does Fox realize Gould is serious about not making the prison film?
5. What is significant about Fox's desire for a drink in Act 3?
6. What is Gould's definition of a maverick?
7. Why does Gould want to present Fox's film idea to Ross in person, with Fox?
8. What additional motivation, other than personal ambition, does Fox have to stop Gould from betraying him?
9. What is significant about the fact that Gould only completes a half-day in the office at his new job?
10. According to Fox, Karen used Gould for what purpose?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)