|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
(a) "A Real Romance picture.
(b) "Explosions and Entrails."
(c) "Two Guys and Two Girls."
(d) "A Douggie Brown picture."
2. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) His head on a platter.
(b) To promote him.
(c) His wife.
(d) To humiliate him.
3. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she comes from money.
(b) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
(c) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(d) Whether she will hate the script.
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Answer their prayers.
(b) Show them the door.
(c) Cause famine and war.
(d) Deny their wishes.
5. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) The flavor of the month.
(b) His wife.
(c) His niece.
(d) Gould's secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
2. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
3. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
4. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
5. What is coverage in the film business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why, from Gould's point of view, films get made in Hollywood.
2. Although Karen had claimed her motives in making films to be purer than the men, what makes Fox and Gould's motives pure as well?
3. Fox is hesitant to tell the story of the film he brought to Gould prior to presenting it to Ross. Why?
4. What issue does Gould seem to be debating within himself at the beginning of Act One?
5. What type of career advice does Fox offer to Karen, once Gould declines to produce "Radiation . . ."?
6. In Act 3, Fox reveals his relationship with Gould to have been what?
7. Describe the book Karen wants to see made into a film.
8. Explain Karen's feelings about her interactions with Gould.
9. How does Karen feel people should react towards fear?
10. What is Gould's definition of a maverick?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)