|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
(a) Teach her to make coffee.
(b) Hit on her.
(c) Fire her.
(d) Get her opinion on the script.
2. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(b) Slaves to commerce.
(d) Film reviewers.
3. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) The flavor of the month.
(b) His niece.
(c) His wife.
(d) Gould's secretary.
4. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) One week.
(d) That day, 5 p.m.
5. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Unlimited sums of gold.
(b) Five million.
(c) One million a piece.
(d) Lots and lots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
2. Fox compares the movie business to what?
3. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
5. What does Karen say about her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Karen's feelings about her interactions with Gould.
2. According to Gould and Fox, when is it possible to make things happen in Hollywood?
3. What is significant about Fox's desire for a drink in Act 3?
4. Other than money, why is Fox excited about the prospect of success?
5. By Act 3, does Fox feel Karen is just a dumb secretary? Why or why not?
6. What is it that Gould objects about making "Radiation..." into a film?
7. Much of what comes out of Gould's mouth is insincere. What is his reaction when Karen reminds him of statements he's made in the past?
8. What additional motivation, other than personal ambition, does Fox have to stop Gould from betraying him?
9. In Act 2, Gould speaks of a connection shared between him and Karen but is being insincere. Why?
10. Explain the irony of the secretary who does not know how to complete the simplest tasks. What does this represent?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)