|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gould and Fox discuss potential money from the prison film, Gould claims money is what?
(a) A symbol of excellence.
(b) What Gould lives for.
(c) Necessary for survival.
2. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(b) Good taste.
(d) A love for women.
3. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
(b) It's code for money.
(c) Halt production immediately.
(d) To approve a film for production.
4. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) To promote him.
(b) His wife.
(c) To humiliate him.
(d) His head on a platter.
5. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) One week.
(d) That day, 5 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
2. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
3. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
4. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
5. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Karen feel the prison film is "degrading to the human spirit?"
2. Although Gould has pretended to champion "Radiation . . ." in an attempt to get Karen to bed, he is eventually forced to admit what?
3. What is significant about the fact that Gould only completes a half-day in the office at his new job?
4. What are Fox's plans for the future, after the Prison film is produced?
5. What is Gould's definition of a maverick?
6. Explain Karen's feelings about her interactions with Gould.
7. Explain what Karen believes she saw in Gould.
8. How does Gould describe the movies he now has to produce?
9. Even though it is his job to greenlight films, Gould is upset when he feels this is why Fox has come to visit him. Why?
10. What is it that Gould objects about making "Radiation..." into a film?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)