|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(d) Hard work.
2. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
(a) She was once famous.
(b) She is cute.
(c) She is dumb.
(d) She is smokin' hot.
3. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) Under ten million.
(b) One million and under.
(c) Over ten million.
(d) He has no limit.
4. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) Whatever is required.
(b) A page.
(c) One sentence.
(d) Sixty seconds.
5. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Being a loyal friend.
(b) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
(c) Eating crud for eleven years.
(d) Bringing him a money maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
2. What is the opening scene of the play set?
3. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
4. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
5. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Gould's position at the film company.
2. After Gould offers Karen a job at the studio and she says she wants only to work on "Radiation . . ." why is Gould confused?
3. How does Gould first reveal to Karen that "Radiation . . ." will not be produced?
4. What comment about prayer did Gould make as a joke that Karen took seriously?
5. Why does Karen feel the prison film is "degrading to the human spirit?"
6. Other than money, why is Fox excited about the prospect of success?
7. At what point in Act 3 does Fox realize Gould is serious about not making the prison film?
8. What is Fox's response when Gould reveals he has changed his mind about producing Fox's film?
9. Gould toys with the idea of replacing his regular secretary with Karen, the temp. Why is this significant?
10. Describe the book Karen wants to see made into a film.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)