|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen's opinion of the prison script?
(a) Brown is a terrible choice for the lead.
(b) It will be a hit.
(c) It's degrading to the spirit.
(d) People need to see it.
2. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Lecturing Gould.
(b) Fighting with Gould.
(d) Reading to Gould.
3. Karen claims "Radiation . . ." was written with what driving force?
4. While discussing the book, what word does Karen use that Gould finds unusual?
5. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
6. Why does Gould claim he wants to offer Karen a better job?
(a) To thank her.
(b) To get involved with her.
(c) She is brilliant.
(d) He knows she needs money.
7. At Gould's house, what is his response to Karen's analysis of "Radiation..."?
8. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
(a) He admits it was sincere.
(b) He claims he was joking.
(c) He asks if it had worked.
(d) He admits it hasn't happened yet.
9. Karen believes that people are what?
(a) Tired of being robots.
(b) Shallow and stupid.
(c) Part of a whole.
10. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
(a) To win the bet with Fox.
(b) To influence her book club selections.
(c) To hire her as a maid.
(d) To get her to shop for his clothes.
11. What is the name of the book found in Act 2?
(a) Unlock Radiation: The Key to Inner Enlightment in Twenty Steps.
(b) Be Still, Radiation Filled Heart.
(c) Radiation Moon Story.
(d) The Bridge: or, Radiation and the Half-Life of Society. A Study of Decay.
12. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
(a) She needed the money.
(b) She was looking for something.
(c) She could type really well.
(d) She wanted to meet Gould.
13. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
(b) Radiation from a microwave.
(c) Knowing the world would end.
(d) Botched eye surgery.
14. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
15. Gould likes to believe people are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
2. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
3. What is Karen encouraging Gould to strive for in Act Two?
4. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
5. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)