|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen claims "Radiation . . ." was written with what driving force?
2. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
3. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Flatter her.
(c) Scare her.
(d) Be frank.
4. What does Gould lie to Karen about when she confronts him?
(a) Wanting to sleep with her.
(b) Trying to steal Brown from Fox.
(c) His desire to write books.
(d) His lack of money.
5. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She thanks him.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She claims to hate money.
6. In Act 2, how does Gould rate the book's chance to get made?
(a) High, if they attach a star.
(b) Slim to none.
(c) Very high.
(d) Astronomically slim.
7. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
(a) Her friend wrote it.
(b) It changed her.
(c) She's tired of seeing comedies.
(d) She read it in one night.
8. At Gould's house, what is his response to Karen's analysis of "Radiation..."?
9. When Gould balks at making the book, how does he classify the story?
(a) Explosions and Armies.
(b) Romantic Fluff.
(c) End of the World.
10. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
(a) God is angry with them.
(b) They have no control.
(c) They are totally alone.
(d) They are the sign.
11. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
(a) If he's dull.
(b) If he's personable.
(c) If he's frightened.
(d) If he's funny.
12. What does Karen reveal she knew when Gould invited her home?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He wants to sleep with her.
13. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
(b) He wants to be convinced.
14. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
(a) He translates it into French.
(b) He debates it.
(c) He makes fun of it.
(d) He praises it.
15. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
(a) That they will fall in love.
(b) That she will be a big star.
(c) That he will greenlight Radiation.
(d) That he can't greenlight Radiation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
2. How much does Gould estimate the book will cost to make?
3. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
4. Karen believes that people are what?
5. How does Gould respond to Karen's questions about inner vision?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)