|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
(b) Romantic Comedies.
(c) The Prison.
2. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
(a) If he's funny.
(b) If he's frightened.
(c) If he's dull.
(d) If he's personable.
3. What does Karen ask Gould about his inner vision?
(a) If he needs glasses.
(b) When he will try and use it.
(c) If he can see.
(d) If she could have half of it.
4. Where does Karen claim to have looked inside of Gould?
(a) His heart.
(b) His mind.
(c) His spirit.
(d) His aura.
5. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
(a) That he can't greenlight Radiation.
(b) That he will greenlight Radiation.
(c) That they will fall in love.
(d) That she will be a big star.
6. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
(a) They are totally alone.
(b) They are the sign.
(c) God is angry with them.
(d) They have no control.
7. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
(a) Radiation from a microwave.
(b) Knowing the world would end.
(d) Botched eye surgery.
8. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
(a) Richard Ross.
9. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
(a) Gould asks her to leave.
(b) She asked him to fire Fox.
(c) She assumed he would make Radiation.
(d) Gould threatens to blacklist her.
10. Gould's complaint to Karen about his promotion is what?
(a) That everyone wants something from him.
(b) Not enough cash.
(c) Sacrificing his integrity.
(d) Fox deserved the career jump.
11. What does Karen think is happening to the world?
(a) It is overpopulating.
(b) It is thriving.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It is spinning to another realm.
12. In Act 2, what does Gould explain to Karen, regarding the book they are discussing?
(a) It would cost too much to make.
(b) It was just a courtesy read.
(c) The author is rude.
(d) It is an elementary read.
13. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Reading to Gould.
(b) Fighting with Gould.
(c) Lecturing Gould.
14. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She claims to hate money.
(c) She thanks him.
(d) She is suspicious.
15. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
(a) Why anyone writes them.
(b) Why they are read.
(c) Who pays attention to them.
(d) If they matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
2. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
3. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
4. How does Gould respond to Karen's questions about inner vision?
5. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)