|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
(a) Be frank.
(b) Flatter her.
(c) Seduce her.
(d) Scare her.
2. How much does Gould estimate the book will cost to make?
(a) 15 million.
(b) 10 million.
(c) 250 thousand.
(d) 1 million.
3. What is Karen's opinion of the prison script?
(a) People need to see it.
(b) It will be a hit.
(c) It's degrading to the spirit.
(d) Brown is a terrible choice for the lead.
4. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
(a) She claims to hate money.
(b) She thanks him.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She slaps him.
5. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
6. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
(a) Gould asks her to leave.
(b) She asked him to fire Fox.
(c) She assumed he would make Radiation.
(d) Gould threatens to blacklist her.
7. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
8. Why does Gould claim he wants to offer Karen a better job?
(a) To get involved with her.
(b) She is brilliant.
(c) To thank her.
(d) He knows she needs money.
9. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
(a) Stalking him.
(b) Using him like everyone else does.
(c) Making fun of him.
(d) Sabotaging his career.
10. In Act 2, how does Gould rate the book's chance to get made?
(a) Astronomically slim.
(b) Slim to none.
(c) High, if they attach a star.
(d) Very high.
11. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Reading to Gould.
(b) Fighting with Gould.
(c) Lecturing Gould.
12. What does Karen claim was no accident?
(a) Working for Gould.
(b) Falling in love.
(c) Moving to California.
(d) Breaking her glass.
13. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
(a) Why they are read.
(b) Who pays attention to them.
(c) If they matter.
(d) Why anyone writes them.
14. Karen claims people do not want to see what in films?
(a) All of these.
15. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
(a) He claims he was joking.
(b) He asks if it had worked.
(c) He admits it was sincere.
(d) He admits it hasn't happened yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
2. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
3. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
4. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
5. What does Karen reveal about the prison script?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)