|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
(d) Work of art.
2. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
(d) He wants to be convinced.
3. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
4. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
(a) If they matter.
(b) Who pays attention to them.
(c) Why they are read.
(d) Why anyone writes them.
5. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
6. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
(a) She could type really well.
(b) She wanted to meet Gould.
(c) She needed the money.
(d) She was looking for something.
7. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
(a) To kill people.
(b) To heal.
(c) To change people.
(d) For beauty.
8. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
(a) Stars will fight over it.
(b) It won't translate in the foreign markets.
(c) No one will come to see it.
(d) It would cost too much to make.
9. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
(c) Romantic Comedies.
(d) The Prison.
10. What does Karen claim was no accident?
(a) Breaking her glass.
(b) Working for Gould.
(c) Moving to California.
(d) Falling in love.
11. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
(d) Richard Ross.
12. How does Gould respond to Karen's questions about inner vision?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He doesn't understand them.
(c) He meditates.
(d) He gets drunk.
13. Karen believes that people should not be _______ of the radiation sent from God.
14. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
15. What does Karen ask Gould about his inner vision?
(a) If he needs glasses.
(b) If he can see.
(c) If she could have half of it.
(d) When he will try and use it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karen's response at the idea of Gould wanting to sleep with her?
2. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
3. At Gould's house, what is his response to Karen's analysis of "Radiation..."?
4. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
5. Gould's complaint to Karen about his promotion is what?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)