|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen ask Gould if she's put him on the spot?
(a) Gould asks her to leave.
(b) She assumed he would make Radiation.
(c) She asked him to fire Fox.
(d) Gould threatens to blacklist her.
2. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
(a) She was looking for something.
(b) She wanted to meet Gould.
(c) She could type really well.
(d) She needed the money.
3. What does Gould tell Karen people want to see in films?
(a) Something new and revolutionary.
(b) Marriage, love and happiness.
(c) Explosions, sex and violence.
(d) What they saw the year before.
4. Why does Gould claim he wants to offer Karen a better job?
(a) He knows she needs money.
(b) To thank her.
(c) To get involved with her.
(d) She is brilliant.
5. Gould likes to believe people are what?
6. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
(a) To take her home.
(b) That people need each other.
(c) To make the Prison film.
(d) To introduce her to Ross.
7. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
(a) She's tired of seeing comedies.
(b) She read it in one night.
(c) It changed her.
(d) Her friend wrote it.
8. How does Gould respond to Karen's questions about inner vision?
(a) He meditates.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He doesn't understand them.
9. What does Karen reveal she knew when Gould invited her home?
(a) He is lazy.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He wants to sleep with her.
10. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
(a) Housewives and Their Many Friends.
(b) Diamonds and Dogs.
(c) The Prison.
11. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
12. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Fighting with Gould.
(b) Lecturing Gould.
(c) Reading to Gould.
13. What is Karen encouraging Gould to strive for in Act Two?
14. In Act 2, what does Gould explain to Karen, regarding the book they are discussing?
(a) It was just a courtesy read.
(b) It is an elementary read.
(c) It would cost too much to make.
(d) The author is rude.
15. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act Two, Karen points out that Gould prayed to be what?
2. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
3. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
4. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
5. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)