|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
(a) Stars will fight over it.
(b) It won't translate in the foreign markets.
(c) It would cost too much to make.
(d) No one will come to see it.
2. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
(a) Using him like everyone else does.
(b) Making fun of him.
(c) Stalking him.
(d) Sabotaging his career.
3. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Lecturing Gould.
(c) Reading to Gould.
(d) Fighting with Gould.
4. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
(a) Diamonds and Dogs.
(b) The Prison.
(d) Housewives and Their Many Friends.
5. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
(a) To hire her as a maid.
(b) To win the bet with Fox.
(c) To influence her book club selections.
(d) To get her to shop for his clothes.
6. What does Karen reveal about the prison script?
(a) She read it.
(b) She wrote it.
(c) It will make millions.
(d) Brown isn't going to do it.
7. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
8. Who does Gould say has the power to make the book into a film?
(d) Richard Ross.
9. Why does Gould claim he wants to offer Karen a better job?
(a) To get involved with her.
(b) She is brilliant.
(c) To thank her.
(d) He knows she needs money.
10. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
(a) To take her home.
(b) To introduce her to Ross.
(c) That people need each other.
(d) To make the Prison film.
11. While discussing the book, what word does Karen use that Gould finds unusual?
12. What does Karen claim was no accident?
(a) Working for Gould.
(b) Moving to California.
(c) Breaking her glass.
(d) Falling in love.
13. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
(a) Romantic Comedies.
(d) The Prison.
14. What does Gould tell Karen people want to see in films?
(a) What they saw the year before.
(b) Marriage, love and happiness.
(c) Explosions, sex and violence.
(d) Something new and revolutionary.
15. Why does Karen claim Gould lied to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
2. In Act Two, Karen points out that Gould prayed to be what?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's questions about inner vision?
4. What is the name of the book found in Act 2?
5. How much does Gould estimate the book will cost to make?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)