|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen's response at the idea of Gould wanting to sleep with her?
(a) Why not?
(b) If he loves her, it's okay.
(c) How dare him?
(d) He's a pig.
2. According to the book in Act 2, why does God send radiation?
(a) To heal.
(b) To kill people.
(c) For beauty.
(d) To change people.
3. Where does Karen claim to have looked inside of Gould?
(a) His aura.
(b) His mind.
(c) His heart.
(d) His spirit.
4. What does Karen want to do if she accept a job offer from Gould?
(a) Star as an actress.
(b) Work on a film.
(c) Be his right hand woman.
(d) Be Ross' secretary.
5. Gould turns the questioning about inner vision to talk of what?
6. What does Karen reveal she knew when Gould invited her home?
(a) He is lonely.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He wants to sleep with her.
(d) He is in love with her.
7. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
(a) He admits it hasn't happened yet.
(b) He admits it was sincere.
(c) He asks if it had worked.
(d) He claims he was joking.
8. While discussing the book, what word does Karen use that Gould finds unusual?
9. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
(a) Flatter her.
(b) Scare her.
(c) Be frank.
(d) Seduce her.
10. What does Gould tell Karen people want to see in films?
(a) What they saw the year before.
(b) Explosions, sex and violence.
(c) Something new and revolutionary.
(d) Marriage, love and happiness.
11. When Gould balks at making the book, how does he classify the story?
(a) End of the World.
(c) Explosions and Armies.
(d) Romantic Fluff.
12. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
(a) Stars will fight over it.
(b) It would cost too much to make.
(c) It won't translate in the foreign markets.
(d) No one will come to see it.
13. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
(d) Work of art.
14. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
15. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
(a) To hire her as a maid.
(b) To influence her book club selections.
(c) To get her to shop for his clothes.
(d) To win the bet with Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Karen claim Gould lied to her?
2. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
3. How does Gould respond to Karen's interpretation of "Radiation . . ."?
4. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
5. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)