|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen claims people do not want to see what in films?
(b) All of these.
2. What film does Gould want Karen to be a part of?
(a) Housewives and Their Many Friends.
(b) Diamonds and Dogs.
(c) The Prison.
3. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
(a) They are totally alone.
(b) They have no control.
(c) They are the sign.
(d) God is angry with them.
4. In Act Two, what does Gould accuse Karen of?
(a) Sabotaging his career.
(b) Using him like everyone else does.
(c) Stalking him.
(d) Making fun of him.
5. What does Karen think is happening to the world?
(a) It is dying.
(b) It is overpopulating.
(c) It is thriving.
(d) It is spinning to another realm.
6. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
(a) To make the Prison film.
(b) To take her home.
(c) That people need each other.
(d) To introduce her to Ross.
7. What is Karen encouraging Gould to strive for in Act Two?
8. Gould's complaint to Karen about his promotion is what?
(a) That everyone wants something from him.
(b) Sacrificing his integrity.
(c) Fox deserved the career jump.
(d) Not enough cash.
9. How much does Gould estimate the book will cost to make?
(a) 250 thousand.
(b) 15 million.
(c) 10 million.
(d) 1 million.
10. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
(a) He wants to be convinced.
11. What does Gould tell Karen people want to see in films?
(a) Something new and revolutionary.
(b) Explosions, sex and violence.
(c) What they saw the year before.
(d) Marriage, love and happiness.
12. Karen believes that people are what?
(b) Shallow and stupid.
(c) Tired of being robots.
(d) Part of a whole.
13. When Gould balks at making the book, how does he classify the story?
(a) Romantic Fluff.
(c) End of the World.
(d) Explosions and Armies.
14. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
(a) Knowing the world would end.
(c) Botched eye surgery.
(d) Radiation from a microwave.
15. Why does Karen claim Gould lied to her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
2. Where does Act 2 take place?
3. What does Gould lie to Karen about when she confronts him?
4. At Gould's house, what is his response to Karen's analysis of "Radiation..."?
5. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)