Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen reveal she knew when Gould invited her home?
(a) He wants to sleep with her.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is in love with her.
2. Does Gould agree with Karen's suggestion of what people want to see in film?
(c) He wants to be convinced.
3. What is Karen's definition of something greater than courage?
4. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
(a) They are totally alone.
(b) God is angry with them.
(c) They are the sign.
(d) They have no control.
5. In the novel, a character received a vision of infinity from what?
(a) Radiation from a microwave.
(b) Botched eye surgery.
(c) Knowing the world would end.
6. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
(a) Why they are read.
(b) Why anyone writes them.
(c) Who pays attention to them.
(d) If they matter.
7. What is Karen's response at the idea of Gould wanting to sleep with her?
(a) He's a pig.
(b) If he loves her, it's okay.
(c) Why not?
(d) How dare him?
8. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
(a) That he will greenlight Radiation.
(b) That they will fall in love.
(c) That he can't greenlight Radiation.
(d) That she will be a big star.
9. What does Karen ask Gould about his inner vision?
(a) If he needs glasses.
(b) When he will try and use it.
(c) If he can see.
(d) If she could have half of it.
10. What is Gould's objective when he has Karen at his house?
(a) To influence her book club selections.
(b) To hire her as a maid.
(c) To get her to shop for his clothes.
(d) To win the bet with Fox.
11. According to Gould, Ross will react in what way to the Prison film?
(a) He will kiss him.
(b) He will question it then do it.
(c) He'll ask if it was done last year.
(d) Ross will give him an instant raise.
12. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
(a) Stars will fight over it.
(b) It won't translate in the foreign markets.
(c) It would cost too much to make.
(d) No one will come to see it.
13. What does Gould tell Karen people want to see in films?
(a) Marriage, love and happiness.
(b) What they saw the year before.
(c) Something new and revolutionary.
(d) Explosions, sex and violence.
14. The book in Act 2 claims people are ruled by what emotion?
15. When Gould tells Karen he is going to pay her a compliment, it's to do what?
(a) Seduce her.
(b) Scare her.
(c) Be frank.
(d) Flatter her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould ask Karen about his personality?
2. Gould likes to believe people are what?
3. What does Karen want to do if she accept a job offer from Gould?
4. Karen claims people do not want to see what in films?
5. Why did Karen want to be a temp at the studio?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)