|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Fighting with Gould.
(b) Reading to Gould.
(d) Lecturing Gould.
2. What is Karen's reaction to the job offer from Gould?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She claims to hate money.
(d) She thanks him.
3. In Act Two, why does Karen say she is championing the book?
(a) It changed her.
(b) She read it in one night.
(c) She's tired of seeing comedies.
(d) Her friend wrote it.
4. In Act 2, Gould tells Karen most people are eager to make a personal what?
(c) Work of art.
5. How does Gould respond to Karen's reference to his prayer?
(a) He asks if it had worked.
(b) He admits it hasn't happened yet.
(c) He claims he was joking.
(d) He admits it was sincere.
6. What does Gould tell Karen she already knows?
(a) That they will fall in love.
(b) That she will be a big star.
(c) That he will greenlight Radiation.
(d) That he can't greenlight Radiation.
7. While discussing the book, what word does Karen use that Gould finds unusual?
8. According to the book in Act 2, what time period are people living in?
(a) The Dark Ages.
(b) The Age of Aquarius.
(c) A Great Era for Change.
(d) The Industrial Revolution.
9. Why does Gould feel the book will not make a good film?
(a) It would cost too much to make.
(b) Stars will fight over it.
(c) It won't translate in the foreign markets.
(d) No one will come to see it.
10. Why does Karen claim Gould lied to her?
11. Where does Karen claim to have looked inside of Gould?
(a) His spirit.
(b) His aura.
(c) His heart.
(d) His mind.
12. According to Gould, Ross will react in what way to the Prison film?
(a) Ross will give him an instant raise.
(b) He will kiss him.
(c) He will question it then do it.
(d) He'll ask if it was done last year.
13. In Act Two, Karen points out that Gould prayed to be what?
14. What does Karen try to convince Gould, towards the end of Act Two?
(a) To make the Prison film.
(b) To introduce her to Ross.
(c) That people need each other.
(d) To take her home.
15. Karen claims that when people ask for a sign, they often realize what?
(a) God is angry with them.
(b) They have no control.
(c) They are the sign.
(d) They are totally alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance do Karen and Gould share in Act Two?
2. What is Karen's opinion of the prison script?
3. If Karen agrees to work on a film, she wants to work on what?
4. Where does Act 2 take place?
5. What does Karen ask Gould regarding manuscripts?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)