|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Boredom Holiday.
(b) Christmas Holiday.
(c) Advancement Holiday.
(d) Bank Holiday.
2. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Pretentious and confusing.
(b) Stale and typical.
(c) Pulitzer quality.
(d) Witty and commercial.
3. What does Gould call himself due to his job?
(a) "A Big Whore".
(b) "The Star Maker".
(c) "The Dumb Servant".
(d) "A Money Milk Cow".
4. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy women.
(d) Fancy cars.
5. What is the opening scene of the play set?
(a) Bobby Gould's office.
(b) The top of the Hollywood sign.
(c) Marilyn Monroe's home in Brentwood.
(d) Hollywood Blvd.
6. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) His niece.
(b) His wife.
(c) Gould's secretary.
(d) The flavor of the month.
7. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) For fun.
(b) He's been called out of town.
(c) He doesn't like Fox's script.
(d) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
8. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
(c) Line producer.
9. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) To approve a film for production.
(b) Halt production immediately.
(c) It's code for money.
(d) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
10. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His wife is leaving him.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) His promotion.
(d) He is ill.
11. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) To humiliate him.
(b) His head on a platter.
(c) To promote him.
(d) His wife.
12. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
(a) She is cute.
(b) She is smokin' hot.
(c) She is dumb.
(d) She was once famous.
13. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(b) Good taste.
(d) A love for women.
14. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
(a) Prize winning literature.
(c) What he puts in his coffee.
15. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Eating crud for eleven years.
(b) Bringing him a money maker.
(c) Being a loyal friend.
(d) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
2. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
3. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
4. What clutters the opening scene?
5. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)