|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
2. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If it's costly to make.
(b) If it's good.
(c) If Gould likes it.
(d) If there is a part for her.
3. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
(a) Being too intelligent in Hollywood.
(b) His popularity will grow with his bank account.
(c) Others will want to tear him down.
(d) His secretary is dangerous.
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Cause famine and war.
(b) Answer their prayers.
(c) Deny their wishes.
(d) Show them the door.
5. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
(a) Apostle Thomas.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
6. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Administrative Assistant.
(b) Temporary Secretary.
(d) Assistant to the Studio Head.
7. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
(a) Everything known to man.
(b) Five in five years.
(c) Two in twenty years.
(d) Nothing at all.
8. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) A job.
(b) A bump.
(c) A trailer.
(d) An office.
9. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(b) Social Theme.
(c) All of these.
10. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
(a) Read the book assigned by Ross.
(b) Cancel his lunch reservation.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Cook him dinner at her house.
11. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
12. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Their net percentage of the film.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) One dollar.
13. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) One million and under.
(b) He has no limit.
(c) Over ten million.
(d) Under ten million.
14. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
15. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Carouse for starlets.
(b) Produce an indie.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Have a talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
2. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
3. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
4. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
5. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)