|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) It is temporary.
(b) She needs it to survive.
(c) She is learning a lot from it.
(d) It's inspirational.
2. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Starlets and reporters.
(b) Boxes and painting supplies.
(c) Stage lights and grease paint.
(d) The orchestra.
3. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
(a) The financiers.
(b) The actress of the moment.
4. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If Gould likes it.
(b) If it's good.
(c) If there is a part for her.
(d) If it's costly to make.
5. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(b) All of these.
(c) Social Theme.
6. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
(a) She was once famous.
(b) She is cute.
(c) She is dumb.
(d) She is smokin' hot.
7. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
(b) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
(c) Turtle Time.
(d) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
8. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) It's code for money.
(b) To approve a film for production.
(c) Halt production immediately.
(d) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
9. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Their net percentage of the film.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
10. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) Under ten million.
(b) Over ten million.
(c) One million and under.
(d) He has no limit.
11. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(a) Hard work.
12. What is coverage in the film business?
(a) A slot of television.
(b) A banner for the studio.
(c) A written summary of a film.
(d) A trailer for a film.
13. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Show them the door.
(b) Deny their wishes.
(c) Answer their prayers.
(d) Cause famine and war.
14. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) The next day, 10 a.m.
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) That day, 5 p.m.
(d) One week.
15. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
(a) "Screw him out of the deal."
(b) "Run him out of town."
(c) "Run the idea into the ground."
(d) "Choose a better, stronger actor."
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
2. Gould claims movie making is a what?
3. Fox compares the movie business to what?
4. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
5. What do Gould and Fox spend time doing in Act One?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)