|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Starlets and reporters.
(b) Boxes and painting supplies.
(c) The orchestra.
(d) Stage lights and grease paint.
2. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(a) Script options.
(c) The blacklist.
3. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(b) A love for women.
(c) Good taste.
4. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
(a) Ross makes Gould laugh.
(b) To delay the greenlight.
(c) So Fox can have some face time.
(d) For fun.
5. What do Gould and Fox spend time doing in Act One?
(a) One upping each other.
(d) Thanking each other.
6. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(b) His wife.
(c) A promotion.
(d) To make a movie with him.
7. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(b) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
(c) Whether she will hate the script.
(d) Whether she comes from money.
8. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Kiss a leading lady.
(b) Pass duties to someone else.
(c) Get someone to make a movie.
(d) Give someone a raise.
9. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) The next day, 10 a.m.
(b) At lunch. Sometime.
(c) It isn't rescheduled.
(d) One week, 5 pm.
10. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(a) All of these.
(b) Social Theme.
11. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Explosions and profanity.
(b) Good actors.
(c) A decent budget.
(d) Art and entertainment.
12. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) One week.
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) That day, 5 p.m.
13. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Christmas Holiday.
(b) Bank Holiday.
(c) Advancement Holiday.
(d) Boredom Holiday.
14. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
15. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(c) Film reviewers.
(d) Slaves to commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
2. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
3. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
4. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
5. What does Gould call himself due to his job?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)