|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she will hate the script.
(b) Whether she comes from money.
(c) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(d) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
2. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Being a loyal friend.
(b) Eating crud for eleven years.
(c) Bringing him a money maker.
(d) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
3. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
(b) Apostle Thomas.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) A new love affair.
(b) The four seasons.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A dying flower.
5. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
(b) Turtle Time.
(c) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
(d) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
6. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Produce an indie.
(b) Have a talk.
(c) Carouse for starlets.
(d) Get a drink.
7. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) She is learning a lot from it.
(b) It's inspirational.
(c) It is temporary.
(d) She needs it to survive.
8. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
(a) Being too intelligent in Hollywood.
(b) His secretary is dangerous.
(c) Others will want to tear him down.
(d) His popularity will grow with his bank account.
9. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(a) Script options.
(d) The blacklist.
10. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Their net percentage of the film.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
11. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) A bump.
(b) A trailer.
(c) A job.
(d) An office.
12. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
(c) Line producer.
13. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
(b) Begging a woman to stay.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Watching an audition.
14. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) At lunch. Sometime.
(b) It isn't rescheduled.
(c) One week, 5 pm.
(d) The next day, 10 a.m.
15. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If it's good.
(b) If Gould likes it.
(c) If there is a part for her.
(d) If it's costly to make.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
2. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
3. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
4. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
5. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)