|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
2. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
(a) Fire her.
(b) Teach her to make coffee.
(c) Get her opinion on the script.
(d) Hit on her.
3. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) His wife.
(b) To humiliate him.
(c) His head on a platter.
(d) To promote him.
4. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Bank Holiday.
(b) Boredom Holiday.
(c) Christmas Holiday.
(d) Advancement Holiday.
5. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) He has no limit.
(b) Over ten million.
(c) Under ten million.
(d) One million and under.
6. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
7. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
(d) Line producer.
8. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) A bump.
(b) A job.
(c) An office.
(d) A trailer.
9. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) A page.
(b) One sentence.
(c) Sixty seconds.
(d) Whatever is required.
10. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
(a) "It ain't crowded".
(b) He hates looking down at the fall.
(c) "The air's a little thin".
(d) It gives him vertigo.
11. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His promotion.
(b) He is ill.
(c) His wife is leaving him.
(d) He is illiterate.
12. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Stage lights and grease paint.
(b) Starlets and reporters.
(c) The orchestra.
(d) Boxes and painting supplies.
13. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
(a) She is cute.
(b) She is dumb.
(c) She is smokin' hot.
(d) She was once famous.
14. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) Clarence Black.
(b) John White.
(c) Doug Brown.
(d) Billy Brown.
15. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(a) Slaves to commerce.
(d) Film reviewers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
2. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
3. What does Karen say about her job?
4. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
5. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)