|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy women.
(b) Fancy cars.
2. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) He doesn't have one.
(b) One week.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) That day, 5 p.m.
3. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) Whatever is required.
(b) Sixty seconds.
(c) A page.
(d) One sentence.
4. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Boxes and painting supplies.
(b) Starlets and reporters.
(c) Stage lights and grease paint.
(d) The orchestra.
5. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Pulitzer quality.
(b) Witty and commercial.
(c) Stale and typical.
(d) Pretentious and confusing.
6. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If there is a part for her.
(b) If it's costly to make.
(c) If Gould likes it.
(d) If it's good.
7. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
8. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Cause famine and war.
(b) Show them the door.
(c) Answer their prayers.
(d) Deny their wishes.
9. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) One week, 5 pm.
(b) At lunch. Sometime.
(c) It isn't rescheduled.
(d) The next day, 10 a.m.
10. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(b) Script options.
(d) The blacklist.
11. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
(b) To approve a film for production.
(c) Halt production immediately.
(d) It's code for money.
12. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
13. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
14. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) His wife.
(b) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(c) A promotion.
(d) To make a movie with him.
15. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) His head on a platter.
(b) To humiliate him.
(c) His wife.
(d) To promote him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
2. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
3. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
4. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
5. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)