|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
(a) A stinker.
(c) A hit.
2. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
(a) Nothing at all.
(b) Two in twenty years.
(c) Five in five years.
(d) Everything known to man.
3. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Carouse for starlets.
(b) Get a drink.
(c) Have a talk.
(d) Produce an indie.
4. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
(a) To delay the greenlight.
(b) For fun.
(c) Ross makes Gould laugh.
(d) So Fox can have some face time.
5. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy cars.
(b) Fancy women.
6. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
(b) Halt production immediately.
(c) It's code for money.
(d) To approve a film for production.
7. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) It isn't rescheduled.
(b) At lunch. Sometime.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) One week, 5 pm.
8. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Lots and lots.
(b) Unlimited sums of gold.
(c) Five million.
(d) One million a piece.
9. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
(a) Being too intelligent in Hollywood.
(b) Others will want to tear him down.
(c) His secretary is dangerous.
(d) His popularity will grow with his bank account.
10. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) That day, 5 p.m.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) One week.
(d) He doesn't have one.
11. After Gould and Fox discuss potential money from the prison film, Gould claims money is what?
(a) What Gould lives for.
(c) Necessary for survival.
(d) A symbol of excellence.
12. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) John White.
(b) Clarence Black.
(c) Billy Brown.
(d) Doug Brown.
13. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
(a) What he puts in his coffee.
(d) Prize winning literature.
14. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) The flavor of the month.
(b) Gould's secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
15. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
2. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
3. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
4. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
5. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)