|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(a) A love for women.
(b) Good taste.
2. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Produce an indie.
(b) Have a talk.
(c) Carouse for starlets.
(d) Get a drink.
3. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
(a) What he puts in his coffee.
(c) Prize winning literature.
4. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(a) The blacklist.
(c) Script options.
5. What is coverage in the film business?
(a) A banner for the studio.
(b) A slot of television.
(c) A written summary of a film.
(d) A trailer for a film.
6. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) His wife.
(b) The flavor of the month.
(c) Gould's secretary.
(d) His niece.
7. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
8. What do Gould and Fox spend time doing in Act One?
(a) One upping each other.
(c) Thanking each other.
9. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Pass duties to someone else.
(b) Get someone to make a movie.
(c) Kiss a leading lady.
(d) Give someone a raise.
10. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Christmas Holiday.
(b) Bank Holiday.
(c) Boredom Holiday.
(d) Advancement Holiday.
11. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) A new love affair.
(b) The four seasons.
(c) A dying flower.
(d) A young girl.
12. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(b) Slaves to commerce.
(c) Film reviewers.
13. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) He's been called out of town.
(b) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
(c) He doesn't like Fox's script.
(d) For fun.
14. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she comes from money.
(b) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(c) Whether she will hate the script.
(d) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
15. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Being a loyal friend.
(b) Eating crud for eleven years.
(c) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
(d) Bringing him a money maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
2. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
3. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
4. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
5. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)