|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
2. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) It's code for money.
(b) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
(c) To approve a film for production.
(d) Halt production immediately.
3. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Their net percentage of the film.
4. What is coverage in the film business?
(a) A written summary of a film.
(b) A slot of television.
(c) A banner for the studio.
(d) A trailer for a film.
5. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) The orchestra.
(b) Starlets and reporters.
(c) Stage lights and grease paint.
(d) Boxes and painting supplies.
6. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(c) Fancy women.
(d) Fancy cars.
7. Gould claims movie making is a what?
(a) Boring Business.
(b) Vulgar Business.
(c) People Business.
(d) Divine Culture of Inspiration.
8. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) His wife is leaving him.
(c) His promotion.
(d) He is ill.
9. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
10. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Explosions and profanity.
(b) Art and entertainment.
(c) Good actors.
(d) A decent budget.
11. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) His niece.
(b) His wife.
(c) Gould's secretary.
(d) The flavor of the month.
12. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
(a) Ross makes Gould laugh.
(b) To delay the greenlight.
(c) For fun.
(d) So Fox can have some face time.
13. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Unlimited sums of gold.
(b) One million a piece.
(c) Lots and lots.
(d) Five million.
14. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
(a) Read the book assigned by Ross.
(b) Cancel his lunch reservation.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Cook him dinner at her house.
15. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(c) A love for women.
(d) Good taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
2. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
3. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
4. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
5. What does the movie star want from Fox?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)