|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) One million and under.
(b) Over ten million.
(c) He has no limit.
(d) Under ten million.
2. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy cars.
(b) Fancy women.
3. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) A dying flower.
(b) The four seasons.
(c) A new love affair.
(d) A young girl.
4. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Their net percentage of the film.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One dollar.
5. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Assistant to the Studio Head.
(b) Administrative Assistant.
(d) Temporary Secretary.
6. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Pretentious and confusing.
(b) Pulitzer quality.
(c) Stale and typical.
(d) Witty and commercial.
7. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) For fun.
(b) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
(c) He's been called out of town.
(d) He doesn't like Fox's script.
8. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(b) A promotion.
(c) To make a movie with him.
(d) His wife.
9. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(a) Social Theme.
(c) All of these.
10. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) One week, 5 pm.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) It isn't rescheduled.
(d) At lunch. Sometime.
11. Gould claims movie making is a what?
(a) People Business.
(b) Boring Business.
(c) Vulgar Business.
(d) Divine Culture of Inspiration.
12. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
(a) "Run the idea into the ground."
(b) "Screw him out of the deal."
(c) "Run him out of town."
(d) "Choose a better, stronger actor."
13. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
14. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
(a) He hates looking down at the fall.
(b) "The air's a little thin".
(c) "It ain't crowded".
(d) It gives him vertigo.
15. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) He is illiterate.
(b) He is ill.
(c) His promotion.
(d) His wife is leaving him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
2. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
3. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
4. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
5. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)