|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) John White.
(b) Clarence Black.
(c) Doug Brown.
(d) Billy Brown.
2. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) A bump.
(b) An office.
(c) A job.
(d) A trailer.
3. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(c) Script options.
(d) The blacklist.
4. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
5. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Get someone to make a movie.
(b) Give someone a raise.
(c) Pass duties to someone else.
(d) Kiss a leading lady.
6. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(b) Film reviewers.
(d) Slaves to commerce.
7. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
8. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(b) Hard work.
9. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
(a) The Coventry.
(b) The Ivy.
(c) Real Food Daily.
(d) Musso and Frank's.
10. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) One million and under.
(b) Under ten million.
(c) He has no limit.
(d) Over ten million.
11. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) It isn't rescheduled.
(b) One week, 5 pm.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) At lunch. Sometime.
12. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(a) Good taste.
(c) A love for women.
13. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
(a) Prize winning literature.
(d) What he puts in his coffee.
14. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
(a) "A Real Romance picture.
(b) "Two Guys and Two Girls."
(c) "Explosions and Entrails."
(d) "A Douggie Brown picture."
15. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) His wife.
(b) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(c) To make a movie with him.
(d) A promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening scene of the play set?
2. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
3. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
4. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
5. What is coverage in the film business?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)