|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
(c) Line producer.
2. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) She is learning a lot from it.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) She needs it to survive.
(d) It's inspirational.
3. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(b) Hard work.
4. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If it's good.
(b) If there is a part for her.
(c) If it's costly to make.
(d) If Gould likes it.
5. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) He doesn't like Fox's script.
(b) He's been called out of town.
(c) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
(d) For fun.
6. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Assistant to the Studio Head.
(c) Administrative Assistant.
(d) Temporary Secretary.
7. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) One week, 5 pm.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) It isn't rescheduled.
(d) At lunch. Sometime.
8. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
(a) Real Food Daily.
(b) The Coventry.
(c) The Ivy.
(d) Musso and Frank's.
9. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Lots and lots.
(b) Five million.
(c) One million a piece.
(d) Unlimited sums of gold.
10. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Have a talk.
(b) Carouse for starlets.
(c) Produce an indie.
(d) Get a drink.
11. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
(a) "Screw him out of the deal."
(b) "Run the idea into the ground."
(c) "Run him out of town."
(d) "Choose a better, stronger actor."
12. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) One sentence.
(b) A page.
(c) Whatever is required.
(d) Sixty seconds.
13. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A new love affair.
(d) The four seasons.
14. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(b) Whether she will hate the script.
(c) Whether she comes from money.
(d) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
15. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Boxes and painting supplies.
(b) Stage lights and grease paint.
(c) Starlets and reporters.
(d) The orchestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening scene of the play set?
2. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
3. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
4. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
5. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)