|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
(a) "It ain't crowded".
(b) He hates looking down at the fall.
(c) It gives him vertigo.
(d) "The air's a little thin".
2. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
(a) Read the book assigned by Ross.
(b) Cook him dinner at her house.
(c) Cancel his lunch reservation.
(d) Kiss him.
3. After Gould and Fox discuss potential money from the prison film, Gould claims money is what?
(a) What Gould lives for.
(c) A symbol of excellence.
(d) Necessary for survival.
4. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
(a) A hit.
(d) A stinker.
5. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Unlimited sums of gold.
(b) One million a piece.
(c) Five million.
(d) Lots and lots.
6. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Their net percentage of the film.
7. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
8. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Have a talk.
(b) Produce an indie.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Carouse for starlets.
9. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
(c) Line producer.
10. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(c) Script options.
(d) The blacklist.
11. What does Gould think Fox should get for bringing the film to his studio?
(a) An office.
(b) A job.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A bump.
12. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
(a) His popularity will grow with his bank account.
(b) Being too intelligent in Hollywood.
(c) His secretary is dangerous.
(d) Others will want to tear him down.
13. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) His wife.
(b) To promote him.
(c) To humiliate him.
(d) His head on a platter.
14. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Good actors.
(b) Art and entertainment.
(c) A decent budget.
(d) Explosions and profanity.
15. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
(a) "A Douggie Brown picture."
(b) "A Real Romance picture.
(c) "Explosions and Entrails."
(d) "Two Guys and Two Girls."
Short Answer Questions
1. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
2. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
3. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
4. What does promote mean in the film business?
5. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)