Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fox compares the movie business to what?
(a) The four seasons.
(b) A dying flower.
(c) A young girl.
(d) A new love affair.
2. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
(a) A stinker.
(b) A hit.
3. What is coverage in the film business?
(a) A banner for the studio.
(b) A slot of television.
(c) A written summary of a film.
(d) A trailer for a film.
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Deny their wishes.
(b) Answer their prayers.
(c) Cause famine and war.
(d) Show them the door.
5. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) She needs it to survive.
(b) It is temporary.
(c) It's inspirational.
(d) She is learning a lot from it.
6. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(d) Apostle Thomas.
7. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Pulitzer quality.
(b) Pretentious and confusing.
(c) Stale and typical.
(d) Witty and commercial.
8. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) Turtle Time.
(b) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
(c) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
(d) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
9. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(d) Hard work.
10. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His promotion.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) His wife is leaving him.
(d) He is ill.
11. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Art and entertainment.
(b) A decent budget.
(c) Explosions and profanity.
(d) Good actors.
12. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Bank Holiday.
(b) Advancement Holiday.
(c) Christmas Holiday.
(d) Boredom Holiday.
13. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Their net percentage of the film.
14. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy women.
(c) Fancy cars.
15. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
2. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
3. What does Gould call himself due to his job?
4. What does promote mean in the film business?
5. What is the opening scene of the play set?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)