|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
(a) "It ain't crowded".
(b) "The air's a little thin".
(c) He hates looking down at the fall.
(d) It gives him vertigo.
2. What do Gould and Fox spend time doing in Act One?
(a) One upping each other.
(d) Thanking each other.
3. After Gould and Fox discuss potential money from the prison film, Gould claims money is what?
(a) A symbol of excellence.
(c) What Gould lives for.
(d) Necessary for survival.
4. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
(b) The financiers.
(c) The actress of the moment.
5. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) That day, 5 p.m.
(b) He doesn't have one.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) One week.
6. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) It's inspirational.
(b) She needs it to survive.
(c) She is learning a lot from it.
(d) It is temporary.
7. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) A decent budget.
(b) Explosions and profanity.
(c) Good actors.
(d) Art and entertainment.
8. Gould claims movie making is a what?
(a) Vulgar Business.
(b) Divine Culture of Inspiration.
(c) Boring Business.
(d) People Business.
9. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) For fun.
(b) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
(c) He's been called out of town.
(d) He doesn't like Fox's script.
10. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) His wife.
(b) To make a movie with him.
(c) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(d) A promotion.
11. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) A page.
(b) One sentence.
(c) Whatever is required.
(d) Sixty seconds.
12. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
(b) Turtle Time.
(c) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
(d) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
13. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His promotion.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) His wife is leaving him.
14. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(b) Script options.
(c) The blacklist.
15. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Eating crud for eleven years.
(b) Being a loyal friend.
(c) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
(d) Bringing him a money maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
2. What movie star came to Fox's house?
3. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
4. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
5. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)