|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(a) Social Theme.
(c) All of these.
2. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) To make a movie with him.
(b) His wife.
(c) A promotion.
(d) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
3. What do Gould and Fox spend time doing in Act One?
(b) Thanking each other.
(d) One upping each other.
4. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Their net percentage of the film.
5. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Witty and commercial.
(b) Pretentious and confusing.
(c) Stale and typical.
(d) Pulitzer quality.
6. What movie star came to Fox's house?
(a) Billy Brown.
(b) John White.
(c) Doug Brown.
(d) Clarence Black.
7. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(a) Good taste.
(b) A love for women.
8. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) Halt production immediately.
(b) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
(c) To approve a film for production.
(d) It's code for money.
9. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If Gould likes it.
(b) If it's good.
(c) If there is a part for her.
(d) If it's costly to make.
10. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Administrative Assistant.
(b) Temporary Secretary.
(d) Assistant to the Studio Head.
11. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
(c) The financiers.
(d) The actress of the moment.
12. What do Gould and Fox bet about the secretary?
(a) Whether she will sleep with Gould.
(b) Whether she wants to be an actress.
(c) Whether she comes from money.
(d) Whether she will hate the script.
13. What is coverage in the film business?
(a) A banner for the studio.
(b) A trailer for a film.
(c) A written summary of a film.
(d) A slot of television.
14. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
(a) "Choose a better, stronger actor."
(b) "Run him out of town."
(c) "Screw him out of the deal."
(d) "Run the idea into the ground."
15. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
(a) Watching a film.
(b) Begging a woman to stay.
(c) Watching an audition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
2. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
3. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
4. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
5. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)