|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Stage lights and grease paint.
(b) The orchestra.
(c) Starlets and reporters.
(d) Boxes and painting supplies.
2. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) Halt production immediately.
(b) It's code for money.
(c) To approve a film for production.
(d) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
3. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Produce an indie.
(b) Carouse for starlets.
(c) Get a drink.
(d) Have a talk.
4. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
(c) A hit.
(d) A stinker.
5. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(a) Film reviewers.
(d) Slaves to commerce.
6. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Good actors.
(b) A decent budget.
(c) Explosions and profanity.
(d) Art and entertainment.
7. How many things does Gould claim to have learned in the film industry?
(a) Five in five years.
(b) Two in twenty years.
(c) Nothing at all.
(d) Everything known to man.
8. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) Turtle Time.
(b) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
(c) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
(d) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
9. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(a) A love for women.
(b) Good taste.
10. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) One million and under.
(b) Over ten million.
(c) Under ten million.
(d) He has no limit.
11. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
(a) So Fox can have some face time.
(b) For fun.
(c) Ross makes Gould laugh.
(d) To delay the greenlight.
12. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(c) The blacklist.
(d) Script options.
13. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Christmas Holiday.
(b) Boredom Holiday.
(c) Bank Holiday.
(d) Advancement Holiday.
14. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) Their net percentage of the film.
(c) One dollar.
(d) One million dollars.
15. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) The flavor of the month.
(b) Gould's secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
2. Prior to the pitch meeting, Fox expresses concern Gould will do what with the prison film?
3. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
4. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
5. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)