|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Fox's deadline to make a deal with Ross?
(a) That day, 5 p.m.
(b) The next day, 10 a.m.
(c) One week.
(d) He doesn't have one.
2. Who does Fox want to be the costar?
(a) His wife.
(b) Gould's secretary.
(c) His niece.
(d) The flavor of the month.
3. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
(c) The actress of the moment.
(d) The financiers.
4. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) His wife.
(b) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(c) A promotion.
(d) To make a movie with him.
5. Gould claims Fox has brought him what, in the form of the film?
(a) A hit.
(d) A stinker.
6. What does Fox think of the secretary in Gould's office?
(a) She is dumb.
(b) She is cute.
(c) She was once famous.
(d) She is smokin' hot.
7. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
(a) Apostle Thomas.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
8. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
9. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(c) Hard work.
10. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) Boxes and painting supplies.
(b) The orchestra.
(c) Stage lights and grease paint.
(d) Starlets and reporters.
11. Gould reads something to Fox in Act One. How is it described?
(a) Pretentious and confusing.
(b) Pulitzer quality.
(c) Witty and commercial.
(d) Stale and typical.
12. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
(a) Lots and lots.
(b) One million a piece.
(c) Unlimited sums of gold.
(d) Five million.
13. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(a) A love for women.
(c) Good taste.
14. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Being a loyal friend.
(b) Eating crud for eleven years.
(c) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
(d) Bringing him a money maker.
15. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Five hundred dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Their net percentage of the film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould ask his secretary to do at the end of Act One?
2. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
3. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
4. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
5. At the beginning of Act One, who is the head of the studio?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)