|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Eating crud for eleven years.
(b) Being a loyal friend.
(c) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
(d) Bringing him a money maker.
2. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His promotion.
(b) His wife is leaving him.
(c) He is illiterate.
(d) He is ill.
3. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) Whatever is required.
(b) One sentence.
(c) A page.
(d) Sixty seconds.
4. What substance does Fox need in Act One?
5. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
(a) The blacklist.
(b) Script options.
6. How does Fox describe the film in Act One?
(a) "A Douggie Brown picture."
(b) "A Real Romance picture.
(c) "Explosions and Entrails."
(d) "Two Guys and Two Girls."
7. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
(a) At lunch. Sometime.
(b) It isn't rescheduled.
(c) The next day, 10 a.m.
(d) One week, 5 pm.
8. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(a) All of these.
(b) Social Theme.
9. Gould has the power to green light what type of budget?
(a) He has no limit.
(b) Under ten million.
(c) Over ten million.
(d) One million and under.
10. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(c) A love for women.
(d) Good taste.
11. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
(a) The Coventry.
(b) The Ivy.
(c) Real Food Daily.
(d) Musso and Frank's.
12. What does Gould warn Fox of, in Act One?
(a) Others will want to tear him down.
(b) His secretary is dangerous.
(c) Being too intelligent in Hollywood.
(d) His popularity will grow with his bank account.
13. What does Karen say about her job?
(a) It's inspirational.
(b) She is learning a lot from it.
(c) It is temporary.
(d) She needs it to survive.
14. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(a) Fancy cars.
(c) Fancy women.
15. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Get someone to make a movie.
(b) Kiss a leading lady.
(c) Give someone a raise.
(d) Pass duties to someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gould insist on meeting with Ross instead of calling him?
2. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
3. What does Fox compare the substance of his movies to?
4. How much money does Gould tell Fox they will make?
5. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)