|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen's title at the beginning of the play?
(a) Temporary Secretary.
(b) Administrative Assistant.
(c) Assistant to the Studio Head.
2. How much money do Gould and Fox bet on the secretary?
(a) Their net percentage of the film.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
3. What does Gould tell Fox the movie business should be?
(c) Hard work.
4. Gould tells Karen to take what kind of holiday?
(a) Christmas Holiday.
(b) Boredom Holiday.
(c) Bank Holiday.
(d) Advancement Holiday.
5. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) To humiliate him.
(b) His wife.
(c) His head on a platter.
(d) To promote him.
6. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(a) Film reviewers.
(c) Slaves to commerce.
7. What does the movie star want from Fox?
(a) A promotion.
(b) Some respect, since they're neighbors.
(c) To make a movie with him.
(d) His wife.
8. What does promote mean in the film business?
(a) Pass duties to someone else.
(b) Give someone a raise.
(c) Get someone to make a movie.
(d) Kiss a leading lady.
9. What is does "green light" mean in the film business?
(a) It's code for money.
(b) To approve a film for production.
(c) Halt production immediately.
(d) Use a certain type of lighting on set.
10. Gould takes Fox to present his film to who?
(a) The financiers.
(b) The actress of the moment.
11. Why does Ross cancel the meeting with Fox?
(a) He's been called out of town.
(b) He doesn't like Fox's script.
(c) For fun.
(d) He doesn't like Fox's reputation.
12. Before they leave for lunch, Gould tells Fox he is being rewarded now, for what?
(a) Being a loyal friend.
(b) Eating crud for eleven years.
(c) Bringing him a money maker.
(d) Trusting in Gould for ten years.
13. What script does Gould show Fox in Act One?
(a) The Candle Burns at Both Ends Twice.
(b) Grass is Green but Money is Greener.
(c) Turtle Time.
(d) The Story of a Horse and a Horse Who Loved Him.
14. What does Fox think Gould plans to do with his secretary before lunch?
(a) Get her opinion on the script.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Hit on her.
(d) Teach her to make coffee.
15. What does Gould say about being "at the top"?
(a) "The air's a little thin".
(b) He hates looking down at the fall.
(c) It gives him vertigo.
(d) "It ain't crowded".
Short Answer Questions
1. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
2. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
3. Where do Gould and Fox go to lunch?
4. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
5. Gould claims movie making is a what?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)