|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the pitch the Gould and Fox plan to give Ross?
(a) One sentence.
(b) A page.
(c) Whatever is required.
(d) Sixty seconds.
2. At the beginning of Act One, what is Bobby Gould doing when Charlie arrives?
(a) Watching an audition.
(c) Watching a film.
(d) Begging a woman to stay.
3. Gould claims movie making is a what?
(a) Boring Business.
(b) People Business.
(c) Vulgar Business.
(d) Divine Culture of Inspiration.
4. What does Gould feel is missing from his company's films?
(a) Art and entertainment.
(b) Explosions and profanity.
(c) A decent budget.
(d) Good actors.
5. What does Gould reveal to Fox at the beginning of Act One?
(a) His wife is leaving him.
(b) He is illiterate.
(c) His promotion.
(d) He is ill.
6. In Act One, what type of read does Ross ask of a certain book?
7. In addition to money from success, what does Fox look forward to?
(b) Fancy cars.
(c) Fancy women.
8. What type of film did Fox show the movie star?
(a) Social Theme.
(d) All of these.
9. Gould pretends those who aren't happy in film are the ones who are what?
(a) Film reviewers.
(b) Slaves to commerce.
10. What does the secretary ask about the film with Doug Brown?
(a) If it's costly to make.
(b) If there is a part for her.
(c) If it's good.
(d) If Gould likes it.
11. Gould claims the gods do what to make people mad?
(a) Answer their prayers.
(b) Deny their wishes.
(c) Show them the door.
(d) Cause famine and war.
12. Gould tells his secretary _______ is a waste in his business.
(b) Good taste.
(c) A love for women.
13. What clutters the opening scene?
(a) The orchestra.
(b) Starlets and reporters.
(c) Boxes and painting supplies.
(d) Stage lights and grease paint.
14. What does Fox want to do with Gould in Act One?
(a) Have a talk.
(b) Get a drink.
(c) Carouse for starlets.
(d) Produce an indie.
15. At the beginning of Act One, Gould feels everyone in town wants what?
(a) His head on a platter.
(b) His wife.
(c) To humiliate him.
(d) To promote him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gould tell Fox to get in Ross' office?
2. What time is the second pitch meeting with Ross scheduled for?
3. What type of film credit does Gould promise Fox?
4. What is Gould's job at the beginning of Act One?
5. Fox quotes who from the Bible?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)