|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
(c) Wandering salesmen.
2. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Take comfort.
(c) Speak freely.
3. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) The flu was shut.
(b) It was barred.
(c) There was a great fire burning.
(d) It had been filled in.
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The sound of laughter.
(b) The match in her hand.
(c) The letter opener.
(d) Her nakedness.
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Frintlock.
(b) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(c) Ms. Franklin.
(d) Mrs. Farintosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
2. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
3. What is the name of the young lady?
4. What caused the bruising on Helen?
5. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)