|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
3. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(b) He forgot about it.
(c) He never had time to write about it.
(d) He made a promise of secrecy.
4. During what month does this book begin?
5. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The match in her hand.
(b) Her nakedness.
(c) The letter opener.
(d) The sound of laughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
3. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
4. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)