|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 5:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
2. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) At the train station.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At the house.
(d) In the town.
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farintosh.
(b) Ms. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
5. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
2. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
3. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
5. What is the name of the young lady?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)