|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
(a) Plain clues.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Psychic abilities.
2. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
3. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) We can help you, and soon.
(b) This is all so confusing.
(c) You should have come sooner.
(d) We haven't a moment to lose.
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(c) Philanthropy unchecked.
5. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In the town.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
2. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
3. What caused the bruising on Helen?
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)