|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Speckled band.
(b) It was him.
(c) Why oh why?
(d) The whistling.
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(a) A nightdress.
(c) A ball gown.
(d) A riding suit.
3. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Cold water.
(b) Smelling salts.
(c) Mint tea.
4. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By train.
5. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) She wants to put Julia in the past.
(b) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(c) Her window is broken.
(d) Repairs are being done in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
2. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
3. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
4. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
5. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)