|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Meeting new people.
(c) Following Holmes's cases.
(d) Helping women in distress.
4. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
5. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Acute observance.
(b) Plain clues.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Psychic abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
2. What was Julia wearing when she died?
3. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
4. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
5. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)