|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stone Haven.
(b) Sting Harvey.
(c) Stoke Moran.
(d) Strike Mount.
2. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
(a) A cranking wood sound.
(b) Maniacal laughter.
(c) A metal clanging.
(d) A high whistling.
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was beaten to death.
(d) He caught a fever.
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Plain clues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
4. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
5. During what month does this book begin?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)