|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(b) She had a receipt.
(c) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(d) There was mud on her skirts.
2. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
3. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(b) Self mutilation.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Violent attack.
4. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stoke Moran.
(b) Stone Haven.
(c) Sting Harvey.
(d) Strike Mount.
5. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(a) A riding suit.
(c) A ball gown.
(d) A nightdress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
2. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
4. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
5. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)