|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) She had a receipt.
(b) There was mud on her skirts.
(c) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(d) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
2. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It was solved by someone else.
(b) It was never solved.
(c) It was very unusual.
(d) It took longer than usual to solve.
3. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
4. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
(a) Her wrists.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her ankles.
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
2. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
5. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)