|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) His work.
(b) The money.
(c) Punishing villains.
(d) Helping others.
2. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Helping women in distress.
(b) Following Holmes's cases.
(c) Meeting new people.
3. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He caught a fever.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was beaten to death.
5. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
(d) Wandering salesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
2. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
3. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
4. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
5. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)