|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Metallic clanging.
(d) Creaking wood.
2. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
3. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
4. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(b) A nightdress.
(c) A riding suit.
(d) A ball gown.
5. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(b) Her window is broken.
(c) Repairs are being done in her room.
(d) She wants to put Julia in the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
2. What caused the bruising on Helen?
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
4. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
5. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)