|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
(a) Cosgrove Place.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Sussex Village.
(d) Trafalgar Square.
2. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A wine goblet.
(d) A match.
3. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(a) Maniacal laughter.
(c) Metallic clanging.
(d) Creaking wood.
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was solved by someone else.
(c) It was very unusual.
(d) It was never solved.
5. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) Paranoid tendencies.
(b) A viscious past.
(c) His greed and laziness.
(d) Family genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the young lady's mother die?
2. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
3. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
4. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
5. What were Julia's last words?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)