|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does this book begin?
2. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) She had a receipt.
(b) There was mud on her skirts.
(c) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(d) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
3. What did Helen think Julia died of?
(b) Poison gas.
(c) A strike to the head.
4. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
5. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) By train.
(d) On horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
2. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
4. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
5. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)