|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(b) His wife asked him to.
(c) He has more time on his hands.
(d) The woman he made the promise to had died.
2. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
3. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was mud on her skirts.
(b) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
4. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) He very much cared for Julia.
(b) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(c) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(d) He could not figure out what killed her.
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady?
2. What did Helen hear on the morning she went to see Sherlock Holmes?
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
5. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)