|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 4:00 am.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
2. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) This is all so confusing.
(b) We can help you, and soon.
(c) You should have come sooner.
(d) We haven't a moment to lose.
3. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) She fell down some stairs.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) She climbed out her window.
4. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She was attacked by dogs.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) She fell out a window.
(d) In a railway accident.
5. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
3. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
4. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
5. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)