|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Almost magical.
(b) Sly and cunning.
(c) Far too advanced for his own good.
2. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Speckled band.
(b) It was him.
(c) The whistling.
(d) Why oh why?
3. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Plain clues.
(b) Really good guesses.
(c) Acute observance.
(d) Psychic abilities.
4. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(b) He very much cared for Julia.
(c) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(d) He could not figure out what killed her.
5. During what month does this book begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
2. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
3. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
4. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)