|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Sly and cunning.
(b) Far too advanced for his own good.
(d) Almost magical.
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(a) Take comfort.
(b) Speak freely.
4. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
5. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farintosh.
(b) Ms. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
4. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
5. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)