|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He never had time to write about it.
(b) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(c) He forgot about it.
(d) He made a promise of secrecy.
2. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was solved by someone else.
(c) It was never solved.
(d) It was very unusual.
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(d) Philanthropy unchecked.
4. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was mud on her skirts.
(b) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
5. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) A viscious past.
(b) Paranoid tendencies.
(c) His greed and laziness.
(d) Family genes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
3. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
4. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
5. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)