|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 4:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
2. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
(b) A dog.
(d) A printing press.
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
4. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
5. During what month does this book begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
2. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
3. What is the occupation of the narrator?
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
5. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)