|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(b) Ms. Frintlock.
(c) Mrs. Farintosh.
(d) Ms. Franklin.
3. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(d) Police officer.
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It was never solved.
(b) It took longer than usual to solve.
(c) It was solved by someone else.
(d) It was very unusual.
5. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
2. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
3. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
4. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)