|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in the tropics.
(b) His time in the military.
(c) The untimely death of her mother.
(d) Living in poverty.
2. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
(a) People are doubting Holmes's abilities.
(b) He has more time on his hands.
(c) The woman he made the promise to had died.
(d) His wife asked him to.
5. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(b) She had a receipt.
(c) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(d) There was mud on her skirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
2. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
3. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
4. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
5. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)