|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
2. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) A storm.
(b) The singing of the gypsies.
(c) The roaring of animals.
(d) A tapping on her door.
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By train.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
5. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
(c) A printing press.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the young lady's mother die?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
3. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the occupation of the narrator?
5. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)