|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was never solved.
(c) It was solved by someone else.
(d) It was very unusual.
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(c) Mrs. Farintosh.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
3. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
4. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
2. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
3. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
4. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)