|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(b) Helping women in distress.
(c) Following Holmes's cases.
(d) Meeting new people.
2. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the wind out.
(b) To keep their step-father out.
(c) To keep the animals out.
(d) To feel safer on the ground floor.
3. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) Punishing villains.
(b) The money.
(c) His work.
(d) Helping others.
4. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
5. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
2. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
3. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
4. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
5. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)