|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in the tropics.
(b) The untimely death of her mother.
(c) His time in the military.
(d) Living in poverty.
2. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
3. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Really good guesses.
(b) Acute observance.
(c) Plain clues.
(d) Psychic abilities.
5. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(a) Take comfort.
(c) Speak freely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
2. What is the last name of the young lady's step-father?
3. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
4. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
5. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)