|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) She had a receipt.
(b) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(c) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
(d) There was mud on her skirts.
3. During what month does this book begin?
4. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(c) He never had time to write about it.
(d) He made a promise of secrecy.
5. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
2. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
3. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
4. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)