|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Helping women in distress.
(d) Following Holmes's cases.
2. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
3. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stoke Moran.
(b) Strike Mount.
(c) Sting Harvey.
(d) Stone Haven.
4. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Far too advanced for his own good.
(b) Sly and cunning.
(c) Almost magical.
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) She fell out a window.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) She was attacked by dogs.
(d) In a railway accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
2. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
5. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)