|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
2. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
(a) A viscious past.
(b) His greed and laziness.
(c) Family genes.
(d) Paranoid tendencies.
3. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Take comfort.
(d) Speak freely.
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(a) Riotous living.
(c) Philanthropy unchecked.
5. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was beaten to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
2. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
3. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
4. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
5. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)