|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 750 pounds.
(b) 1,000 pounds.
(c) 250 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
2. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to pay court fees.
(b) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(c) She has had to repair the house.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
3. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Helping women in distress.
(d) Following Holmes's cases.
4. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
5. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(c) Take comfort.
(d) Speak freely.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
2. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
3. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
4. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
5. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)