|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the metal clanging Helen heard the night Julia died?
(a) The vent being opened.
(b) The window shutting.
(c) The vent being closed.
(d) The safe being closed.
2. What does Holmes use to put the deadly creature back in it's place?
(a) The dog leash.
(b) A fire poker.
(c) The saucer of milk.
(d) His cane.
3. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her ankles.
(c) Her wrists.
(d) Her face.
4. Why does Watson insist on being involved in the plan that night?
(a) Holmes says he will be useful.
(b) He wants to see the action.
(c) He wants to protect Helen.
(d) He doesn't want Holmes to be in danger.
5. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Really good guesses.
(c) Plain clues.
(d) Acute observance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
2. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
3. What is sitting on top of the safe in Roylott's room?
4. What kind of bed does Roylott sleep on?
5. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)