|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the house.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the town.
3. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Plain clues.
(c) Really good guesses.
(d) Acute observance.
4. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Stoke Moran.
(b) Sting Harvey.
(c) Stone Haven.
(d) Strike Mount.
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the young lady's butler die?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
3. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
5. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)