|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Harriet Stoker.
(b) Helene Steiner.
(c) Helen Stoner.
(d) Heather Stickler.
2. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(b) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
3. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Philanthropy unchecked.
(c) Riotous living.
4. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Sly and cunning.
(c) Far too advanced for his own good.
(d) Almost magical.
5. What is the name of the young lady's step-father's estate?
(a) Strike Mount.
(b) Stoke Moran.
(c) Sting Harvey.
(d) Stone Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
2. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
3. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
5. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)