|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept the young lady awake on the night her twin died?
(a) The singing of the gypsies.
(b) The roaring of animals.
(c) A storm.
(d) A tapping on her door.
2. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 4:00 am.
(c) 3:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
3. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
4. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(a) Philanthropy unchecked.
(b) Riotous living.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
2. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
3. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
4. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
5. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)