|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) There was a storm outside.
(b) Her mind was on her sister.
(c) There are so many doors in that great house.
(d) She was so frightened.
2. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
(a) 5:00 am.
(b) 3:00 am.
(c) 2:00 am.
(d) 4:00 am.
3. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
4. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was drowned.
(c) He caught a fever.
(d) He was beaten to death.
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) Her stepfather.
(c) She fell down some stairs.
(d) She climbed out her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
2. How did the young lady's mother die?
3. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
4. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)