|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Franklin.
(b) Mrs. Farintosh.
(c) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
2. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) There was a storm outside.
(b) Her mind was on her sister.
(c) She was so frightened.
(d) There are so many doors in that great house.
3. What did Helen think Julia died of?
(a) Poison gas.
(d) A strike to the head.
4. Why did the narrator take so long to write about this case?
(a) He forgot about it.
(b) He made a promise of secrecy.
(c) He was unsure if people would believe it.
(d) He never had time to write about it.
5. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
(a) She wants to put Julia in the past.
(b) Her window is broken.
(c) Her step-father has moved into her own room.
(d) Repairs are being done in her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
2. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
3. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
4. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
5. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)