|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the wind out.
(b) To keep their step-father out.
(c) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(d) To keep the animals out.
2. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
3. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
4. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Mint tea.
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cold water.
5. How does the visitor describe Holmes's ability to know so much about her without her saying anything?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Really good guesses.
(c) Plain clues.
(d) Acute observance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator live when this case took place?
2. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
3. Where does Holmes see bruises on Helen?
4. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
5. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)