|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
2. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) By train.
3. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 750 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
4. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) Her nakedness.
(b) The match in her hand.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) The letter opener.
5. What was Julia holding in her hand when she died?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A match.
(c) A letter opener.
(d) A wine goblet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helen living in Julia's room at this time?
2. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
3. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
4. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
5. What caused the bruising on Helen?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)