|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
2. Why does Helen say she cannot be certain of what she heard in the hall that night?
(a) She was so frightened.
(b) There are so many doors in that great house.
(c) Her mind was on her sister.
(d) There was a storm outside.
3. What was the occupation of the man who wanted to marry the young lady's twin?
4. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
(a) Living in the tropics.
(b) His time in the military.
(c) Living in poverty.
(d) The untimely death of her mother.
5. How did Holmes know the visitor took a dog carriage early that morning?
(a) There was mud on her skirts.
(b) There was a bit of leather on her sleeve.
(c) She had a receipt.
(d) He saw a wagon track on her skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
2. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
3. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
4. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
5. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)