|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Roylott be all day on the say Helen comes to Holmes?
(a) At the house.
(b) In town.
(c) At a tavern.
(d) With the gypsies.
2. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Mint tea.
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cold water.
3. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Speckled band.
(b) It was him.
(c) The whistling.
(d) Why oh why?
4. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
(b) Metallic clanging.
(c) Maniacal laughter.
(d) Creaking wood.
5. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(b) A nightdress.
(c) A riding suit.
(d) A ball gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
2. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
3. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
4. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
5. How does Holmes say he learns about people before they speak to him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)