|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
2. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
3. How did the young lady's butler die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He caught a fever.
(c) He was beaten to death.
(d) He was drowned.
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
5. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) It was barred.
(b) There was a great fire burning.
(c) It had been filled in.
(d) The flu was shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
2. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
3. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
4. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
5. What did Helen hear when she left her room on the night her sister died?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)