|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To keep the animals out.
(b) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(c) To keep the wind out.
(d) To keep their step-father out.
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. What did Helen think Julia's last words referred to?
(a) Something she had eaten.
(b) Dr. Roylott.
(c) A gypsie's garb.
(d) A specter.
4. What does Holmes say Julia must have done just before she ran into the hall?
(a) Took off her clothes.
(b) Lit a match to see something.
(c) Drank some alcohol.
(d) Opened her window.
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time in the morning did Julia hear strange whistling noises?
2. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
3. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
4. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
5. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)