|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the case written about in this book?
(a) It took longer than usual to solve.
(b) It was never solved.
(c) It was very unusual.
(d) It was solved by someone else.
2. What wakes the narrator up at the beginning of this book?
(a) The sound of breaking glass.
(b) The chiming of the clock.
(c) Holmes standing over his bed.
(d) A knock at the door.
3. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Why oh why?
(b) It was him.
(c) The whistling.
(d) Speckled band.
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
(a) Self mutilation.
(c) A struggle.
(d) Violent attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the bruising on Helen?
2. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
3. What is the name of the young lady's twin sister?
4. How did the young lady's mother die?
5. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)