|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(b) Mrs. Farintosh.
(c) Ms. Franklin.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
2. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) You should have come sooner.
(b) We haven't a moment to lose.
(c) We can help you, and soon.
(d) This is all so confusing.
3. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
(a) The match in her hand.
(b) The letter opener.
(c) Her nakedness.
(d) The sound of laughter.
4. What is the name of the young lady?
(a) Heather Stickler.
(b) Harriet Stoker.
(c) Helen Stoner.
(d) Helene Steiner.
5. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
2. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
5. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)