|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the strange visitor say is making her shake?
2. How does the narrator describe Holmes's deductive abilities?
(a) Far too advanced for his own good.
(b) Almost magical.
(c) Sly and cunning.
3. What is the young lady's step-father's occupation?
4. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
(a) Helping others.
(b) Punishing villains.
(c) The money.
(d) His work.
5. How did the young lady's mother die?
(a) In a railway accident.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) She was attacked by dogs.
(d) She fell out a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young lady think intensified her step-father's violent tendencies?
2. How did the young lady's butler die?
3. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
4. How soon before her wedding did the twin sister die?
5. What is the name of the narrator of this book?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)