|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
(b) Riotous living.
(d) Philanthropy unchecked.
2. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(a) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
3. What did Helen think Julia died of?
(a) A strike to the head.
(b) Poison gas.
4. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Ms. Frintlock.
(b) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(c) Mrs. Farintosh.
(d) Ms. Franklin.
5. What did Dr. Roylott use in an effort to revive Julia?
(a) Cold water.
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Mint tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Holmes say his strange visitor is?
2. How much money did the young lady's mother get every month after her husband died?
3. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
4. What were Julia's last words?
5. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)