|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who referred the strange visitor to Sherlock Holmes?
(a) Mrs. Farintosh.
(b) Ms. Franklin.
(c) Mrs. Farnsworth.
(d) Ms. Frintlock.
2. Where were the step-father's cigars imported from?
3. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
4. What does Holmes say when Helen finishes her story?
(a) We can help you, and soon.
(b) This is all so confusing.
(c) You should have come sooner.
(d) We haven't a moment to lose.
5. What does Holmes say the strange visitor is welcome to do in front of the narrator?
(a) Speak freely.
(d) Take comfort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the strange visitor wearing at the beginning of the book?
2. How many cases has Holmes completed in the past 8 years?
3. What was the occupation of the young lady's father before he died?
4. What does Helen have to do before she can return to the house?
5. How did Helen describe what came out of Julia's room while Helen was in the hall?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)