|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Julia wearing when she died?
(a) A riding suit.
(b) A nightdress.
(c) A ball gown.
2. Who are the young lady's step-father's only friends?
(c) Wandering salesmen.
3. How does Holmes describe the state of his visitor at the beginning of this book?
4. What came out of Julia's room when Helen was in the hall?
(a) Her step-father.
(b) A gypsy.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A baboon.
5. How did the neighbors feel when the young lady's step-father returned to his estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
2. What caused the narrator to decide to write about the case after so long?
3. What does Holmes say is the most important fact of Helen's description of Julia?
4. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
5. What was the case about of the woman who referred the visitor to Holmes?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)