|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the young lady's step-father's anger cost her money?
(a) She has had to repair the house.
(b) She has had to pay people to smooth over brawls.
(c) She has had to pay court fees.
(d) She has had to bail him out of jail.
2. Why did the coroner review Julia's death so thoroughly?
(a) Dr. Roylott forced him to.
(b) He very much cared for Julia.
(c) Dr. Roylott had a bad reputation.
(d) He could not figure out what killed her.
3. Where does the young lady's stepfather import his animals from?
4. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) The flu was shut.
(b) It had been filled in.
(c) It was barred.
(d) There was a great fire burning.
5. What does the narrator say he gets his greatest pleasure from?
(a) Following Holmes's cases.
(b) Helping women in distress.
(c) Meeting new people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wings of the step-father's estate are inhabitable?
2. How was the young lady's step-father's fortune spent away?
3. During what month does this book begin?
4. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
5. What does Holmes say is his greatest reward for his help?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)