|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Holmes plan to meet with Helen?
(a) At the house.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In the town.
(d) In a hotel.
2. What is the occupation of the narrator?
(a) Police officer.
3. Why did the twins always keep their windows tightly locked?
(a) To feel safer on the ground floor.
(b) To keep the wind out.
(c) To keep their step-father out.
(d) To keep the animals out.
4. What caused the bruising on Helen?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) She fell down some stairs.
(c) Her stepfather.
(d) She climbed out her window.
5. What were Julia's last words?
(a) Why oh why?
(b) It was him.
(c) The whistling.
(d) Speckled band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
2. What did Helen think Julia died of?
3. How many bedrooms are located on the ground floor of the estate?
4. What did the young lady say caused her step-father's violent anger?
5. How many entrances were there into Julia's room?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)