|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the church clock chime?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every quarter hour.
(c) Every ten minutes.
(d) Every half hour.
2. What does Watson say was the only unusual thing he saw in Julia's room?
(a) Many locks on the door.
(b) The bell pull.
(c) A gothic mirror.
(d) A bottle of smelling salts.
3. Why was the Chimney not a valid entrance into Julia's room?
(a) It was barred.
(b) The flu was shut.
(c) There was a great fire burning.
(d) It had been filled in.
4. What does Holmes examine before he finishes his study of Roylott's room?
(a) The wooden chair.
(b) The window pane.
(c) The safe.
(d) The bed.
5. How did the strange visitor travel to London?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) By train.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon is the strange visitor to be wed?
2. During what month does this book begin?
3. Why does Holmes not believe construction was needed on Helen's room?
4. What is the rope hanging from the ceiling in Julia's room used for?
5. What did Julia's body NOT show signs of?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)