|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens, when winter comes, to their love affair?
(a) It ends.
(b) It has to endure a life of closer scrutiny.
(c) It comes out in the open.
(d) It fades to nothing.
2. Why is Nabokov's tutor rebuked by his mother?
(a) He is not doing an adequate job.
(b) He is being rude to her children.
(c) He is repeatedly late.
(d) He spies on the young couple.
3. The boredom of the audience at these poetry performances is obvious to everyone but whom?
4. Why does little Vladimir close his eyes at the bottom of each stairway?
(a) He and his brother are playing hide and seek.
(b) His nanny is coaxing him up the stairs.
(c) He and his mother are playing a game on the way to the children's sleeping rooms.
(d) His father is taking him to bed.
5. What is Lenski's idea for the use of Magic-Lantern Projections?
(a) To illustrate petic works with the use of slides.
(b) To create shadow puppets.
(c) To create special effects on the wall.
(d) To play in the light from the lanterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what are Nabokov's memories in a Russian setting?
2. What is the purpose of the Constituent Assembly?
3. What is Nabokov's favorite medium?
4. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
5. Why does the relationship fizzle out?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)