|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nabokov have secret spots?
(a) He and his brother play in the secret spots.
(b) He has found them in pursuit of butterflies.
(c) He and Tamara find the secret spots.
(d) He finds them while writing poetry.
2. Who are Miss Norcott and Miss Hunt?
(a) Two of Vladimir's governesses.
(b) Two of Vladimir's tutors.
(c) Two of Vladimir's girlfriends.
(d) Two of Vladimir's aunts.
3. Who rents a modest summer cottage called a dachka?
(a) The Nabokov family.
(b) Tamara's parents.
(c) Colette parents.
(d) Nabokov's uncle.
4. What is the response to Nabokov's published book of poems?
(a) No response.
(b) Critics want to see another book published.
(c) Huge praise.
(d) Critics are not kind.
5. Why do they hire the village schoolmaster, though he is not technically one of the family's regular tutors?
(a) To give them mathematics lessons.
(b) To give them writing lessons.
(c) To give them a crash course in the Russian language.
(d) To give them French lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two events that Nabokov remembers watching outside his mother's window?
2. The boredom of the audience at these poetry performances is obvious to everyone but whom?
3. What precaution does Nabokov's father take?
4. What types of tutors does Nabokov's father seem to intentionally choose?
5. Why does Max endear himself to the dogs?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)