|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor think that Marcao's testes are the last to go?
2. What does Ender claim he knows more about than Ouanda does?
3. Who are in the forest with the piggies in this chapter?
4. Which member of Ender's family was a Catholic?
5. What does Quim urge the Bishop to forgive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane refuse to talk to Ender?
2. Why does Ouanda not want Ender to come to the forest to meet the piggies?
3. Describe the meeting between Dom Cristao and the Bishop.
4. What does Ender realize about Novinha's files in this chapter?
5. Of what does the doctor say Marcao died?
6. How does Ender respond to Jane's teasing?
7. What is Ela's theory on the plant life in Lusitania?
8. How does Ender convince the doctor to speak to him about Marcao?
9. What does Ender see in the tree in Chapter 17?
10. Describe the argument at dinner that takes place in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have Novinha's children been affected by Marcao's violence towards their mother? What effect has the violence had on Novinha? What does it say about Novinha's character that she stayed with Marcao despite the abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Card's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Ender and Novinha.
1) In what way are their morals different?
2) What is their relationship to each other?
3) Do you think they are the perfect match?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)