|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ender accuse the community of being towards Marcao?
2. Jane turns Ender off because _______________.
3. To whom is the only person Jane has revealed herself?
4. From what does Ender excuse Marco?
5. Why is it strange that Olhada cries?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Jane's disappearance affect Ender?
2. Why does Ender not use Dom Cristao's rightful title?
3. Of what does the doctor say Marcao died?
4. What does Ender say at the speaking?
5. Why does Miru want to bring Ender to the piggies?
6. What does Ender suggest to the Lusitania leaders in Chapter 16?
7. What does Ender realize about Novinha's files in this chapter?
8. How does Ender respond to Jane's teasing?
9. Describe the argument at dinner that takes place in Chapter 14?
10. Describe Jane.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "The Speaker of the Dead examines the problems problems that can occur in a monoreligous state." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the fence that divides the two races.
1) What purpose does the fence serve? Who does the fence benefit?
2) What problems could the fence cause the planet in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Card's writing style. How would you describe Card's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Card's style give to the story?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)