|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miro find out is his sister?
2. Who did the trees used to be?
3. From what does Ender excuse Marco?
4. What does Ender accuse the community of being towards Marcao?
5. Why is it strange that Olhada cries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane refuse to talk to Ender?
2. What happens to Miro when he tries to climb the fence?
3. What is Ela's theory on the plant life in Lusitania?
4. How does Ender convince the doctor to speak to him about Marcao?
5. Of what does the doctor say Marcao died?
6. Why do the piggies want to learn about metal?
7. Why does Ouanda not want Ender to come to the forest to meet the piggies?
8. Describe the argument at dinner that takes place in Chapter 14?
9. What does Ender learn about the piggies in Chapter 17?
10. What does Ender suggest to the Lusitania leaders in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Card use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters?How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Speaker for the Dead is a famous book which has greatly influenced the science fiction genre. Choose a science fiction book written after Speaker for the Dead that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss their similarities in terms of:
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)