|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Congress order in this chapter?
2. With what organization is Dom Cristao associated?
3. Which piggy told the piggies about space travel?
4. Who is the second person Dom Cristao meets in this chapter?
5. What does Jane work on in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ender respond to Jane's teasing?
2. How does Ender convince the doctor to speak to him about Marcao?
3. Why do the piggies want to learn about metal?
4. Why does Miru want to bring Ender to the piggies?
5. In what way is Ender growing closer to Novinha and her family?
6. What does Ender suggest to the Lusitania leaders in Chapter 16?
7. What does Ender see in the tree in Chapter 17?
8. What does the mayor reveal in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Jane refuse to talk to Ender?
10. What is Ela's theory on the plant life in Lusitania?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speaker for the Dead is a famous book which has greatly influenced the science fiction genre. Choose a science fiction book written after Speaker for the Dead that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss their similarities in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Card's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether you think this statement is true or false: "The Speaker of the Dead examines the problems problems that can occur in a monoreligous state." Use two examples from the novel to support your argument.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)