|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game are Ender and Olhado playing?
2. About what is the Bishop concerned?
3. Which of the following is one of the three levels of life?
4. Who does Ender hire to help him?
5. About what topic does Novinha ask Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jane.
2. What does Ender say at the speaking?
3. What is Ela's theory on the plant life in Lusitania?
4. Describe the argument at dinner that takes place in Chapter 14?
5. What does Ender realize about Novinha's files in this chapter?
6. How does Ender convince the doctor to speak to him about Marcao?
7. Describe the meeting between Dom Cristao and the Bishop.
8. What does Ender suggest to the Lusitania leaders in Chapter 16?
9. Why does Jane refuse to talk to Ender?
10. Why do the piggies want to learn about metal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have Novinha's children been affected by Marcao's violence towards their mother? What effect has the violence had on Novinha? What does it say about Novinha's character that she stayed with Marcao despite the abuse?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Card's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Why have the Catholics colonized Lusitania if they have no intention of spreading their religion? From what past mistakes have the Catholics learned? What benefits are there from observing the piggies rather than influencing them? Could just observing the piggies cause any problems in the long run?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)