|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name do the colonists use to refer to the piggies?
2. What does an xenologer study?
3. What does Jane buy for Ender?
4. What is the name of Libo's daughter?
5. Where does Novinha follow Ender?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ender learn about the colony in Chapter 6?
2. Why can Novinha not marry Libo?
3. Why does Ender go to Lusitania?
4. Describe Pipo's work as an xenologer.
5. How do Libo and Pipo change Novinha's life?
6. How has the situation changed when Ender arrives in Lusitania?
7. Why is Novinha jealous of Ender?
8. Why did Ela call for a Speaker for the Dead?
9. How does Ender deal with Grego's violence?
10. Why does no one know that Andrew Wiggin is really Ender?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance does Catholicism bring to the novel in general? In what way does the Mind of the Children reflect the Catholic faith? Is Card's portrayal of the Catholic faith positive or negative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Card's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters?How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interaction with each other?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)