|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anderw Wiggin's real name?
2. What does Libo explain to Rooter?
3. What does Ela want to reveal about her father?
4. What does Ender's book say about the Buggers?
5. What is Ender's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rooted in the first chapter?
2. Why can Ender no longer travel with Valentine?
3. What is the headmistress worried about in the first chapter?
4. How was present day Lusitania formed?
5. How do the colonists treat the piggies?
6. How does Jane persuade Ender to go to Lusitania?
7. Why is it important that the author introduces the alien race in the prologue?
8. How does Ender learn about Pipo's death?
9. How do the authorities deal with Pipo's death?
10. Why does Ela not hear the Bishop's warning in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the fence that divides the two races.
1) What purpose does the fence serve? Who does the fence benefit?
2) What problems could the fence cause the planet in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. Why do you think these themes are so important to the story? How does Card use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How have Novinha's children been affected by Marcao's violence towards their mother? What effect has the violence had on Novinha? What does it say about Novinha's character that she stayed with Marcao despite the abuse?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)