|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pipo find waiting for him?
(a) The major
(c) The school mistress
2. How is Marcao connected to Novinha?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her step brother
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her brother
3. Which of the following characters have not been killed?
4. How old is Novinha?
5. With what does the jewel help Ender keep in touch?
(a) Sport updates
(b) The Starways Congress
(c) His family
(d) News from within the Hundred Worlds
Short Answer Questions
1. Speaker of the Dead is a sequel to __________________.
2. On what rules is Lusitania strict?
3. Who does Ender find at his living quarters?
4. Who is the first character that Libo and Novinha find dead behind the fence?
5. What kind of scientist is Pipo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane want Ender to go to Lusitania?
2. Why is Novinha jealous of Ender?
3. Why is it difficult for Ender to leave Valentine behind?
4. What is the headmistress worried about in the first chapter?
5. In what way does Chapter 3 deal with the theme of loss?
6. What happens to Rooted in the first chapter?
7. Describe Pipo's work as an xenologer.
8. Why does Novinha hide her files?
9. Why does Ela not hear the Bishop's warning in Chapter 6?
10. How does Ender learn about Pipo's death?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)