|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the mayor?
2. What does Ela want to reveal about her father?
(a) His humor
(b) His cruel side
(c) His kind side
(d) His genuis
3. Which alien race did the humans destroy?
(a) The guinless
(b) The buggers
(c) The Loopys
(d) The bootles
4. What is the name of the book Ender wrote?
(a) A New Planet a New Day
(b) Death to the Royals
(c) Hive Queen and the Hedgemon
(d) The Good, the Queen and the Baddies
5. What stranger does Novinha find at her house?
(a) The Bishop
(d) The major
6. What does Novinha try to convince Ender to do?
(a) Cook dinner
(b) Make a cup of coffee
7. What are the observers not allowed to do to the piggies?
(a) Touch them
(b) Talk to them
(c) Hunt them
(d) Influence their development
8. How do the children's relationship with Ender change at the end of the chapter?
(a) They see him as their new father.
(b) They hate him.
(c) They begin to trust him.
(d) They begin to listen to him.
9. What does Valentine think when she sees Ender with his bag?
(a) He is coming to visit.
(b) He is staying the night.
(c) He is leaving the planet.
(d) He has a present.
10. Speaker of the Dead is a sequel to __________________.
(a) Through a Scanner Darkly
(b) Ender's Game
(c) Ender's Love
(d) The Foundation
11. Who is the main character of the book?
12. About whom is the school mistress worried?
13. What is Ender's job?
(a) General in the army
(b) University lecturer
14. Who does Ender visit?
(a) A judge
(b) The doctor
(c) The dentist
(d) A lawyer
15. Who has called for a speaker for the dead?
(a) Novinha's children
(b) The major
(c) The bishop
(d) The piggies
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Novinha's children attacks Ender?
2. Who does Ender find at his living quarters?
3. Who does Pipo find waiting for him?
4. Why must Ender leave Valentine at home?
5. What is the Ansible?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)