|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Novinha follow Ender?
(a) Her bedroom
(b) The dining room
(c) The garden
(d) The games room
2. What does Jane buy for Ender?
(a) A fishing rod
(b) A ship
(c) A book
(d) A new suit
3. Who has called for a speaker for the dead?
(a) The bishop
(b) The piggies
(c) The major
(d) Novinha's children
4. Which of the children calls for a speaker?
5. Why does Novinha escape from the mayor?
(a) To destroy her work
(b) To see Libo
(c) To cry
(d) To dig up Pipo's body
6. What is the name of the mayor?
7. What other name do the colonists use to refer to the piggies?
8. On what planet does Ender live?
9. Who else encourages Ender to travel to Lusitania?
(a) The hive queen
10. What is the youngest child trying to take apart?
(a) A candle holder
(b) A table
(c) The altar
(d) A pew
11. Speaker of the Dead is a sequel to __________________.
(a) Ender's Game
(b) Through a Scanner Darkly
(c) Ender's Love
(d) The Foundation
12. Who does the youngest child injure?
(a) A priest
(b) A nun
(c) Another child
(d) The Bishop
13. Who is the main character of the book?
14. What does Novinha think has caused Pipo's death?
(a) Her work
(b) The trees
(c) The air
(d) The piggies
15. What is the name of Pipo's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the children loves his/her father?
2. What has caused Ender to stay looking so young?
3. What does an xenologer study?
4. How do the children's relationship with Ender change at the end of the chapter?
5. What does Novinha do with her files when she discovers she cannot destroy them?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)